Homebrew Mario Kart 8 Ultimate, download the alpha now! 104 additional courses to the base game!

Nukatha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with waiting until the final Booster Course set releases later this year and curating tracks accordingly.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the new version comes out, will it be made compatible with SDcaffeen? Cause I'm still to this day getting a error with the bowser error message.

PoorPocketsMcNewHold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
When the new version comes out, will it be made compatible with SDcaffeen? Cause I'm still to this day getting a error with the bowser error message.
It's already “compatible” with SDCafiine. In fact, It does require it. Just that it needs something else to inject custom code in addition to the models/sounds/textures that SDCafiine can do.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already “compatible” with SDCafiine. In fact, It does require it. Just that it needs something else to inject custom code in addition to the models/sounds/textures that SDCafiine can do.
Well what I guess I meant is compatable with SDCafiine in Aroma. Because I'm sure that the extra software needed can be ported over to a rpx or a wuhb.

biene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well what I guess I meant is compatable with SDCafiine in Aroma. Because I'm sure that the extra software needed can be ported over to a rpx or a wuhb.
You can load the mod with sdcafiine to get the custom ui. But the additional tracks won't schow up

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to add the additional courses to the base courses, then SDCaffiine will never be the solution. As SDCaffiine essentially just replaces content with other equal or lesser content for its mods. This mod here actually adds content on top of what is already in the game while also keeping that content in the game unchanged. As such, this kind of mod will always require something different, like it's own plugin to enable this kind of functionality.

As another example, I imagine that should Smash Wii U ever see a mod to actually add additional fighters to the roster, it too would need its own special plugin, and couldn't simply be done with just SDCafiine.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I am having some trouble getting this mod to work. I copied the files to the root of the hard drive, booted it up, opened the patching program, all of that's running great so far. It's when I go to load the game, while the "Mario Kart 8 Ultimate" screen is loading, it crashes and gives me a black screen with this error message.

And I've copied the files to my sdcard twice. Any idea what this might be about?
Ok, I've finally got it. I sat down with it once more. I reinstalled Tiramisu, I recopied the files from the download on the first page again. None of that worked. I then thought that I was using my disc that I owned to run the game. So I got on a certain program, and I magically obtained a copy of Mario Kart 8 that all installed on my USB hard drive. Activated the plugin, loaded the game and it worked. So that has me wondering. Out of everyone here who has it working, are all of you playing it off of your hard drive/internal install, or are any of you able to get it running using a real disc? Either way, so glad I finally got it figured out.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, so now the game worked with my disc. So, I went to uninstall the downloaded game, and it now works with my disc 🤷 I don't get it but it solved my problem, apparently.

Last edited by Sowden,

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MK8U uses custom code injection, which would have been hardcoded to the old v64 version. The new update shifts everything around in the game's rpx so it'll need a rework.
Indeed. Until that happens, I guess I would recommend users simply don't update MK8 on the Wii U. Easy enough for me considering I only ever go online with Deluxe, but for others it might be more frustrating I suppose.

biene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think i found a solution for those who updated mk8. Usually the wii u doesn't boot a downgraded game. Because the the wii u saves the information of the highest version of the game in the system memory. But for each region separate. For example my European version of mk8 is on the newest version but my american version of mk8 is on 1.0 and I can use both. The problem is that I can't find the american update file for the version the mod needs. If someone who is on the correct version would dump the update file and post it. I would be able to test my theory

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know the version number of the new update for Mario Kart 8, I only have the last v64 update. I am unable to locate it at all my EUR system.

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone's reference the new 4.2 update is v81 on nus.

I have tested v81 with the mod pack no go as mentioned above.

However the 2nd tour from the original 6 mod pack suite which is sdcaffine based is working perfectly with the new update which is what I'm limited too with aroma without booting tiramasu

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crashing every time I generate plug in getting black screen an exception of type 2 occurred
If you updated MK8 to the latest version after the online fix, then you're out of luck. Try to find a way to downgrade to the previous version if possible.

denil

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have installed the pack in the European version and everything is perfect except one thing.
The new characters appear perfectly (Sonic, Kirby, Pikachu...), but their names are the old ones.
For example, if I select Sonic, the text "metal mario" appears underneath. The same thing happens in the rankings.
Is there a way to solve this? Have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Alejas7

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For anyone's reference the new 4.2 update is v81 on nus.

I have tested v81 with the mod pack no go as mentioned above.

However the 2nd tour from the original 6 mod pack suite which is sdcaffine based is working perfectly with the new update which is what I'm limited too with aroma without booting tiramasu
Where to find 6 mod pack to do that ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po