Misc Mario Kart 7 Tournament #2

Mega_Man_Mario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are the rules: No betting,Cheats ARE aloud,play fair,have fun! The tournament will begin on March 4th. at 4o'clock. *THIS IS AN AMERICAN-ONLY TOURNAMENT* I am sorry if thi seems unfair,but if other people from other contrys participate,the times will be messed up. *THIS IS NOT AN ACT OF DISCRIMINATION*

Community Code:
38-9811-2670-9037

Thank You!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I think that organizing it a month before it happens is not a good idea, mostly people organize these things and say 'Tomorrow, 5th February 4PM EST'
And I think you might be over-reaching far too much at the moment, it's a month away and you are making double posts with 4 minutes difference.
I'm not being mean or anything btw.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that organizing it a month before it happens is not a good idea, mostly people organize these things and say 'Tomorrow, 5th February 4PM EST'
And I think you might be over-reaching far too much at the moment, it's a month away and you are making double posts with 4 minutes difference.
this
and try to work more on your vocabulary (i am italian and i am supposed to have a terrible english but it's surprisingly better than an american's....)

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
  • 1 month time - ages away, most people will forget by then
  • US only - wtf? how does that mess up times? lost 50% of the members on the temp as they're not in US
  • Cheating allowed - you just lost 75% of the people still interested
  • Bumping the thread every 10 minutes - sounding desperate, lost another 10%
My estimate at number of people playing at 16:00 on 4th March: 2 (if you're lucky)

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I suggest next time you do something like this you say:
Contest in x days (x meaning a single digit number) on gbatemp community.
People wouldn't want to join this for the reasons explained in the post above...

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it could be fun, but I agree with a few other posters. A month away is way too far and long of a wait, a week away sounds much more reasonable. Also you should allow people from other countries to participate, they will just have to figure out what time the tournament will start for their time zone and they should have time to do so.

Also allowing cheats is NOT a good idea I don't support that at all, what I would have done is kept an eye out for people who use glitches in game (you can tell who they are when they finish a race much much quicker than others), and eliminate them aka cross out their name and pretend they existed and continue with your tournament.

yab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The US has more than one time zone anyway, wouldn't the times get "messed up" anyway? (Even though they won't)

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I refuse to participate in ANY game willingly if I know before-hand there will be cheating involved. The #1 most absolute thing I loathe in Mario Kart are cheaters who exploit glitches to get unfair advantages over people who just want to enjoy the game. I don't care if a mod deletes yet another post, fuck you, buddy. People like you who support cheating online are the very people who ruin the fun for others who want to play an honest game. Cheat on your own time.

And really? a month? I wouldn't wait a month for a legitimate, professionalized tournament on GBATemp, why would I wait more than a few days for a spontaneous amateur one?

The only thing I do agree with is USA only, to reduce the chance of disconnecting due to a world wide range/scale of radical ping differences. Although Mario Kart 7's stability is vastly superior to any game on the DS, Its still an unkown just how frustrating stability issues might show up when you have up to 8 people who are all in 8 significantly different areas in the world.

Still, I'm already put off from this tournament after the month away and the cheating thing. I hate you now for condoning online cheating as much as Pinkie hates me for posting youtube clips (which I will continue to do so until I am banned, create another account, do again, and repeat the cycle).

Reactions: 2 people

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
this
and try to work more on your vocabulary (i am italian and i am supposed to have a terrible english but it's surprisingly better than an american's....)
The OP is 10 XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1