Hacking Mario Galaxy, Cyclowiz, PAL and the extra channels

biscuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PAL console and a Cyclowiz. The console is at version 3.1E and the Cyclowiz is now at 3.6BETA.
I do not want the duplicate news and weather channels.
The Metroid Prime 3 trick of removing the power at 10% of the update DOESN'T WORK and will brick your wii.
I have tried using brickblocker and that just hits a black blank screen soon as you press start to begin the game.
I've tried switching the discs about and even run the iso through brickblocker again and region frii. Nothing.
Has anyone managed to avoid the duplicates yet? If so, how?
Other failed effort methods appreciated also.

biscuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10-15 whatever. Apparently its semi bricked peoples wiis so they get the duplicates anyway and can't access the wii settings menu.

biscuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read this in a dozen other forums that it does semi brick as mentioned above.
Also worth mentioning, I know I can put the extra channels all the way to the right of the menu and I also know I can wait for the PAL release. Also if you already have the duplicate channels you wont get another 2.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
can anyone confirm that the 10-15%-trick will brick the wii?
As if anyone reading your post will risk bricking their Wii just for telling you the answer
unsure.gif

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's anyway around it. The iso seems to know what update is at the start of it. I tried swapping the mario Galaxy update partition for a Pal Metroid Prime 3 update partition (which is safe to run on a pal console) and had absolutely no luck with that.

Unfortunately for now it looks like it's a case of double channels or waiting for a Pal release.

Selvhat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The

biscuit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm from the UK. I live in UK. I'm in the UK right now. I have no idea why I have the USA flag next to my name must of done that when I registered I guess.
By the way yes it was on a PAL Wii. Read the top of the page.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

samnoon93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I semi-brick my Wii (duplicate channels) could I download a Nintendo update in future, and that would fix it?
I wouldnt be able to access the settings menu, but on the Wii Message Board they sometimes send out messages with an 'update' button on them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof