Gaming Mario Galaxy 2 finished :D

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
Bladexdsl said:
chartube12 said:
3D mario games have always been near impossible to beat even with cheat codes. W/O them hell will freeze over. Nintendo took lessons from crapcom.
i agree making a game harder doesn't make it more fun for me. i was also disappointed that there were only 6 worlds and they had plenty of space to add more they only used 2gb on the damn disc! man nintendo is getting lazier and lazier i honestly do not understand how all these review sites keep giving it a perfect score it only gets about 7/10 for me. i was actually going to purchase smg2 but after experiencing some of the later stages in it i have changed my mind.

Thats my point every mario 3d game gets harder and harder with each release. All this does is tick me off. My score for this is a 4/10. Too hard. they should of just rereleased the first one with the hub and videoes removed. Use the map system they did use and added these new galaxies as addtion levels. Change the order and place placement of the all galaxies around.

There is a reason so many mario games are hacked back into smw. It's the best mario game ever done. Nintendo needs to remake that game with its world map and levels left intacted. Than add to it! They could add a whole another island in the sky equal to the size of dinoland. They could also add smaller little islands off the cost of the old ones. Additional ! bocks and ! switches. New yoshi colors ect. Heck I would love to see smw redone with: nsmbw graphic and super paper mario's flip view.
Personally I thought SM64 and SMS were harder than SMG and SMG2....

Um.... in another post you were complaining about how Mario games have been too hard since SMW and now you're praising it...

I really haven't had a problem with SMG2 in terms of difficulty.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Gordinio said:
Bladexdsl said:
PsychoticDust said:
There are 7 worlds.
there are 6 without having to do an insanely near impossible tasks of unlocking the 7th. most peeps will never see the 7th.
So what is this insanely impossible task?
collect every fucking star which is BS why couldn't they make it like nsmb just collect every star coin in this case comet coin and it unlocks. a lot of peeps are never ever going to even see the 7th world or even know it exists.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the first 120 stars in the first 18 hours of having the game lol. Because of school, I won't be able to play it until next week =(

The first 120 stars is every regular star in the game.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
chartube12 said:
I need a cheat code for unlimited time. Speed levels and smashing boxes are impossible w/o one. Someone update the code list with one please.

Every since the 3rd special zone level of smw, nintendo keeps putting ***-ass extreamly hard levels in mario games. If it's not the racing levels with a fucked up track, it's levels were it's too easy too fall and die. Than don't get me started on **g 3d yoshi or the crewshroom. 3D mario games have always been near impossible to beat even with cheat codes. W/O them hell will freeze over. Nintendo took lessons from crapcom.
You just need to get better.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alato said:
chartube12 said:
I need a cheat code for unlimited time. Speed levels and smashing boxes are impossible w/o one. Someone update the code list with one please.

Every since the 3rd special zone level of smw, nintendo keeps putting ***-ass extreamly hard levels in mario games. If it's not the racing levels with a fucked up track, it's levels were it's too easy too fall and die. Than don't get me started on **g 3d yoshi or the crewshroom. 3D mario games have always been near impossible to beat even with cheat codes. W/O them hell will freeze over. Nintendo took lessons from crapcom.

Agreed =P

Smashing the boxes is easy if you are a mathematician
happy.gif

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
Alato said:
chartube12 said:

Agreed =P

Smashing the boxes is easy if you are a mathematician
happy.gif
Agreed x2
wink.gif

The boxes were not that hard, you just had to plan your route and where possible make sure that your fireballs hit two boxes at once where they were side by side. To be honest SMG1's second blow up the trash challenge was much tougher.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:
Alato said:
say that in 10-20 years
Games are not getting harder by any means.
It seems games have been dumbed down a lot over the past years, so once an actual difficult game comes along it's painful for current gamers who have been accustomed to the easy stuff. Meanwhile, it's refreshing for people who are familiar with the satisfying challenge of games.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
Personally I thought SM64 and SMS were harder than SMG and SMG2....

Um.... in another post you were complaining about how Mario games have been too hard since SMW and now you're praising it...

I really haven't had a problem with SMG2 in terms of difficulty.
[/quote]

No there is only on level in smw were the game is very hard. Took mom 3 weeks to beat it. Took me even longer. Nintendo started with one hard level and next thing we know, bammm, they started adding handfuls of ones to the games.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having completely finished the game, I can say that there is NOTHING in this game that can't be overcome as long as get a firm grasp on the controls. Infact, many of the time runs are possible to end with plenty of time left if you keep an eye out for shortcuts or small walls you can leap over. Be inventive and look for a different way to tackle the run because if you're having a hard time and not making too many control mistakes, you're probably missing a better way.

Nintendo served up a stellar game in the end and I can understand that some folks would have issues with some of its challenges but that's exactly why they are called challenges.

UltyBomber77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alato said:
Bladexdsl said:
Alato said:
say that in 10-20 years
Games are not getting harder by any means.
It seems games have been dumbed down a lot over the past years, so once an actual difficult game comes along it's painful for current gamers who have been accustomed to the easy stuff. Meanwhile, it's refreshing for people who are familiar with the satisfying challenge of games.
Agreed
Most gaming companies are now making video-games for casuals, and as a result, they are making video-games that are easier to beat.

I don't see why they don't make the extras of a game (stuff after you beat the main storyline) hard. Casuals won't bother to do the extra stuff.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
PsychoticDust said:
There are 7 worlds.
there are 6 without having to do an insanely near impossible tasks of unlocking the 7th. most peeps will never see the 7th mario games never had bs time trial modes, collect this shit in this time, collect all this shit without having to do this shit and other bs gimmicky fucking mini games! and to make matters worse zelda is starting to follow this path too their already lazy in level design...

wow you really sux at games this game is hard but not the status of very hard lol i would love to see you play battletoads for nes now that is a very very very hard game if not the hardest game of all time.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I remember a time when we played a game, a HARD game, a BRUTAL game, and what did we do? Sure we cussed and fussed every time we died, but you know what, WE GOT BETTER!

Go play the original Ninja Gaiden and tell me this game is hard. That game will give you nightmares, you pansies.

/getoffmylawn

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People are actually complaining about the difficulty? Really? I have died more than a handful of times, but it was never due to "outrageously hard bosses" or "impossible to beat time limits". If you're having a hard time with this, then I'm gonna go out and say you haven't played a Mario game before. And if you have, buck up and learn the controls. The game isn't that hard.

Luigi728

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've died a few times, in some galaxies more than a few times, but nothing is impossible.
Hard sometimes, but not impossible^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission