Hacking Mario and Luigi RPG 3 (Japan) Protection Check Bypass!

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent some time trying to figure out what is going on with the DSTT and R4 (probably the same problem as M3 as well). Something is going on that doesn't happen in no$ for those two and others... I even tried disabling the hooks after patching and there was still no joy. It always turns off the screens after loading the save. I will do some more testing later...

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
People who want to try it on an emu, check Desmume 0.9.1 (because No$GBA get stuck at Bowser Battles)
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=164579

KEEP IN MIND you need to patch the cheat to the rom (with DSATM, because the emu still doesn't support AR Cheats). Otherwise the game will freeze at first battle (like many carts).

Just tried a bit, dunno if it will freeze at some other point later.

The emu users RAW saves, so use the Shunyweb site if you want to convert it to your cart SAVE type.

Neku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great work people, i can already play the game doing what u said (usin R4Ysauto on my r4 after formatting) , but everytime i do the good attack with bowser the game freezes, its quite annoyin.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really cant understand why none speaking Japanese people would even consider wanting to play this, it the equivalent of watching a foreign language movie without subtitles.

Neku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
I really cant understand why none speaking Japanese people would even consider wanting to play this, it the equivalent of watching a foreign language movie without subtitles.

That's right, except that if you pay attention you can actually get a hold of the story. I tell you, that I spent most of my Childhood playing English games being spanish

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
I LEARN japanese from this game
tongue.gif

shoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
ok this is the working copy ysmenu for me that i compressed directly from my sdcard
it comes without the usrcheat.dat
so download the latest usrcheat.dat yourself
and
i hope it will help
smile.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?mgqiwvjjtjw
Eh. Something seems wrong.
While I'm greatful for the YSmenu rar, (which worked perfectly by the way)
When I started the bowser battle, it froze. The star shrinks, and mario shouts "Let'sssssss---"
Thanks though :3

(Might be my fault.)

ShadowLink92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried to open mario and luigi 3 and for some reason it says "patch install...Open TTRESET.DAT error!" when i have ttreset.dat in my sd. HELP!!!
cry.gif

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boo_Mansion said:
Pache said:
It seems like we, the M3 users, are f***ed.
frown.gif
Seems like it. T_T

Now that most people have it working, not many really care enough to help us get it working since they can play it now.
I bought this card and got rid of my R4 because people told me M3 Real was far better and didn't need to go through processes like this to run roms.. Maybe a firmware update will come along..

Mageker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendude92 said:
Boo_Mansion said:
Pache said:
It seems like we, the M3 users, are f***ed.
frown.gif
Seems like it. T_T

Now that most people have it working, not many really care enough to help us get it working since they can play it now.
I bought this card and got rid of my R4 because people told me M3 Real was far better and didn't need to go through processes like this to run roms.. Maybe a firmware update will come along..

Yeah, my friend told me to buy a M3 Real... "it's better than the R4" he said ¬¬

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't know anything about this but it might work, swap your M3 firmware to R4 firmware with M3 adapter??
http://www.m3-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=312
Again, I know nothing of what this will enable you to do but it might be worth a try, don't kill me if I am talking rubbish because I haevn't used this
frown.gif

( I am not responsible for you corrupting or losing any data on your card or somputer, might be wise to back up your SD before attempting incase)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.