ROM Hack Mario and Luigi Bowser Inside Story fix for r4i-sdhc cards

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
New firmware for the new 1.4 R4i SDHCs and R4 SDHCs released this morning. Fixes this game right up.

dude seriously that 1.11b is for the new card that has the 1.4 mark on it only and wont work on the
old r4i-sdhc or r4-sdhc it will ask you to update the hardware meaning buy the new card my fix here
is so people dont have to buy the new card so they can run the new games with their older cards
just like the fools who bought the new card.......

My point is r4i-sdhc.com is not making a new kernal for the old cards they just want your money
for the new card!!!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
injected11 said:
New firmware for the new 1.4 R4i SDHCs and R4 SDHCs released this morning. Fixes this game right up.

dude seriously that 1.11b is for the new card that has the 1.4 mark on it only and wont work on the
old r4i-sdhc or r4-sdhc it will ask you to update the hardware meaning buy the new card my fix here
is so people dont have to buy the new card so they can run the new games with their older cards

My point is r4i-sdhc.com is not making a new kernal for the old cards they just want your money
for the new card!!!
Read the fucking website itself. It says the new firmware is for R4i SDHCs with 1.4 sticker AND R4 SDHCs. My brother was playing this game last night on his R4 SDHC, and all he did was load the new 1.11b firmware. I've asked them if they plan to release updates for the old R4i cards, and instead of the generic vague answers, they said yes. They've been doing exactly what they said they would thus far, so I'm expecting a firmware update for the old R4i cards soon.

Punctuation exists for a reason. Use it.

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
gisel213 said:
injected11 said:

for the new card!!!
Read the fucking website itself. It says the new firmware is for R4i SDHCs with 1.4 sticker AND R4 SDHCs. My brother was playing this game last night on his R4 SDHC, and all he did was load the new 1.11b firmware. I've asked them if they plan to release updates for the old R4i cards, and instead of the generic vague answers, they said yes. They've been doing exactly what they said they would thus far, so I'm expecting a firmware update for the old R4i cards soon.

Punctuation exists for a reason. Use it.

Yeah so it works for v1.4 r4i-sdhc and r4-sdhc but what about the old r4i-sdhc not yet this is where i come in to help these people
who want to play this game and many new ones until they make a new menu for the old r4i-sdhc cards.........

Now Look I figured this out all by myself with no ones help I just have been messing with games since I was 3 etc
This fix was nowhere to be found I could have kept it to myself but I shared it because I love helping people out
So dont go cursing me because the r4i group made a crappy update to everything else but the card in stated my topic.....

You Have a Nice Day!!!!! Punctuation has no reason on my forum???////"""}}}{{{!!! and neither do YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YSmenu fixes were all over the board before you came along and repeated what they all said. Stop claiming credit.

You were actively spreading wrong information when a much simpler fix was around. It's not my fault you couldn't simply read it.

Punctuation, proper spelling and grammar help people take you seriously. You type like a 4 year old, therefore I don't take you seriously.

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
YSmenu fixes were all over the board before you came along and repeated what they all said. Stop claiming credit.

You were actively spreading wrong information when a much simpler fix was around. It's not my fault you couldn't simply read it.

Punctuation, proper spelling and grammar help people take you seriously. You type like a 4 year old, therefore I don't take you seriously.

This has nothing to do with Ysmenu and it is not a YSMenu Fix at all and I'm sorry for insulting you..........
It is simpler than YsMenu you dont have to compile anything or run any bat files I didnt have to compile anything it's just
2 menu's on one card with a few files renamed..........

tyberiyan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Man!! Bowser's Inside Story works on my R4i-SDHC now! The official site also released a patch for this, but it only works for a newer version of cards that they started selling in June or something. Well, looks like the Big N has competition with hackers here. Kudos!
yaynds.gif

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tyberiyan1 said:
Thanks, Man!! Bowser's Inside Story works on my R4i-SDHC now! The official site also released a patch for this, but it only works for a newer version of cards that they started selling in June or something. Well, looks like the Big N has competition with hackers here. Kudos!
yaynds.gif

Happy it worked for you! Enjoy your new games....

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
I get this:

Fake Card! Please return to the retailer.

Is this based on 1.09b? Can I use it with 1.08b?

Give it a try put the 1.08 menu on and 1st see if it loads up then give a reply if it loads up
i'll tell you how to set it up

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
gisel213 said:
Brian10122 said:
I get this:

Give it a try put the 1.08 menu on and 1st see if it loads up then i give a reply if it loads up

It still says fake card, I even tried 1.06... Of course, I'm only replacing the files in the R4iMenu folder.. I think its a .dat or something.

Nepeta

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
gisel213 said:
Brian10122 said:
I get this:

Give it a try put the 1.08 menu on and 1st see if it loads up then i give a reply if it loads up

It still says fake card, I even tried 1.06... Of course, I'm only replacing the files in the R4iMenu folder.. I think its a .dat or something.

Used the files from your original thread download but replaced .dat with 1.06b.. only problem is that "Loading..." sticks to the top screen and everything is black :wtf: also it freezes if I click on multimedia

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian10122 said:
gisel213 said:
Brian10122 said:
I get this:

erase the card and backup your games then put the complete version of your different menu on the card
meaning the R4.dat file and the 3 folders r4iMenu monnshl and moonmemo then try again

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Here's the secret if you get one of the r4i-sdhc menu's to come up working do the following

1.Go on the r4imenu folder open the multimedia.ini file in notepad delete what you see then type in nothing but TTMENU.nds
save the file this points the 2nd icon called media to the TTMENU.nds file which will load the new TTDS menu when you
select it.

2.Copy the TTMENU folder, TTMENU.nds file and the TTMENU.DAT file to the root of your card that's it you can delete
those moonshell folders as they are not needed.

Then fire up the ds and try it by selecting the multimedia icon Good Luck

Another note if you already had a r4i-sdhc.com menu on your card try it with that one also......

Nepeta

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1.08b is working perfectly on my R4i again, but... When I click Multimedia it says "Error loading moonshell not fount" in the top left hand corner of my top screen. I edited the multimedia.ini

Posts merged

Nevermind, it finally works now =D

I had put TTMenu.ds instead of .nds haha

thanks for the awesome-iffic release lul.

gisel213

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very GOOD!!! now atleast someone knows this has nothing to do with YsMenu I like this testing and stuff I'll probaly
make multiple versions like 1.08b 1.06b just incase anyone has issues and upload them so we can avoid the fake
card message remember to set up your soft reset in sysoption on the touch screen with default reset to on so you
can soft reset ingame and more importantly make sure your games are inside a game folder on the root of your
card or it will freeze upon loading a rom......

The way i see it if another batch of nasty games come and another ttds menu is availible we could just replace the
TTMENU files and folder to update again Smoke Break and Happy gaming!!!!!

Posts merged

One last thing soft reset is L,R,X,B,A,Y at the same time.....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played