OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Half-Life-3.jpg

Marc Laidlaw, former Half-Life writer has published the plot of Half-Life 3 on his personal site. It's been overloaded and unavailable since then, though.
It has some interesting names, but there's a version with those corrected on Pastebin.
This may be the closest thing to Half-Life 3 we'll ever get, according to him.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Marc's site
:arrow: Marc's site (archived version)
:arrow: Pastebin with corrected names

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
TL;DR: HL3 is dead.
old news...
the half life team, has been disbanded a long time ago.. i think it was 2 years ago, the last dude quit from the job?

but it's nice that i can see the history... it's really awfull that the ep2 has an end video with "her's a small piece of what happens next" and ends in suspense...
i really loved the games.. really sad about it's "not-closure"

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably best it ends this way. There was no way for it to live up to its own hype, and such a grand undertaking would have ended in favorable, but not worth it, reviews and profits. The people working at Valve have far greater ambitions for the company as a whole than worrying about finishing any particular series.

While the dream dies, the legend shall live on. Long live the One Free Man.

Deleted member 377734

100th degree asskicker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
saw this a while ago, wanted to post it, but you beat me to it...*fades back into obscurity*.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so this is more or less the summary
Gordon and Alyx head for Antarctica, resting place of the Borealis, the research ship mentioned at the end of Episode 2. They’re shot down as they approach, though, and find that surrounding the ship is an enormous Combine base, inside which the Borealis is continually flickering in and out of existence.

After an encounter with Dr. Breen—whose consciousness had been transplanted into an alien slug’s body, allowing him to survive the demise of his human body in Episode 2—Gordon, Alyx and Dr. Mossman (who you rescue from a Combine prison) manage to board the Borealis, and while there are pulled across both space and time, seeing things like the Seven Hour War, alien worlds the Combine were about to conquer and even the ship’s origins at Aperture.

Following a dispute over what to do with the ship (Mossman argues for keeping the ship, Alyx wants to honour her father’s wish to destroy it), Alyx shoots Mossman dead, and commits Gordon to a plan to drive the ship into the heart of the Combine’s “invasion nexus”.

Before it can strike, though, the G-Man arrives, speaks with Alyx and the pair depart, leaving Gordon alone to drive the ship on its suicide mission. Just as its about to hit its target, the Vortigaunts open a portal and save Gordon, dropping him on a shore where he isn’t certain of what year it is or how the war against the Combine has ended.

And...that’s where it wraps, Freeman writing “Except no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final episode.”

D

Deleted User

It fucking hurts dude. It actually fucking hurts.

And here we are. I spoke of my return to this shore. It has been a circuitous path to lands I once knew, and surprising to see how much the terrain has changed. Enough time has passed that few remember me, or what I was saying when last I spoke, or what precisely we hoped to accomplish. At this point, the resistance will have failed or succeeded, no thanks to me. Old friends have been silenced, or fallen by the wayside. I no longer know or recognize most members of the research team, though I believe the spirit of rebellion still persists. I expect you know better than I the appropriate course of action, and I leave you to it. Expect no further correspondence from me regarding these matters; this is my final epistle.

Listen to this man. Hear how heartbroken he is.

Fuck man

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Put this on front page, right now reporters @Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: to make a Hanna barbera shared cinematic universe