Android Mapping bluetooth gamepad [MOGA] in -Oid emulators (ie NESoid, SNESoid)

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so recently received a new MOGA gamepad. Works flawlessly in 'actual' apps/games.

Trying to get this to work in an emulator is a PAIN.

Right, so I turn on bluetooth, sync the gamepad with the official MOGA app, then downloaded the universal driver.

I go into one of the emulators, go to other settings, and enable 'special input' for bluetooth controllers. I then proceed to enter the input setting to try and map the buttons, but the EMULATOR does NOT RESPOND at all to the gamepad.

To work around this, I tried something else. I used gamekey or some app like that, that enables the keyboard to always be up. I tried setting the emulator to use random keys on the keyboard, then have the gamepad presses emulate the keyboard.

THIS STILL REFUSED TO WORK!!

Frustrating really.

Any ideas?

Non-Rooted Galaxy S3

I also tried enabling it in 'language&input' in the standard settings for Android.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did was only turn on the Universal Driver. Set it to system mode (requires root though) and then map the buttons in there. Works fine for me on my Nexus 4. Not sure how the IME way would work. I do know that you cannot have both the Moga Pivot app and Universal Driver app running at the same time. At least the MOGA won't connect to both of them. It'll only connect to one of them.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I uninstalled the official app, and cleared the data in the universal driver.

I cannot for the life of me sync the controller to the driver.

It will scan and find it, but not connect, it just keeps flashing blue (the gamepad).

What gives ;_;?

It will even say paired in bluetooth settings but still flashes blue.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't have to uninstall the official one lol. You just had to make sure it wasn't running at the same time as the Universal Driver.

And hmm that is weird. I've had issues with my MOGA not connecting but that was mainly due to low battery levels. Not sure what it could be for you though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex