ROM Hack Maplestory DS English Translation

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LOL, can someone tell me if this is impossible? Before I was playing the 0.02 patch of MapleStory DS but I named the theif guy something Korean. I have just finished the warrior story and am now currently playing the theif story. Is there a way to change the guy's name? It feels really weird to play as a guy that I don't even know his name.

Also for the future patches, are you going to remove all the cursing? They say hell and the "f" word alot.

azntiger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kirbymaster101 said:
LOL, can someone tell me if this is impossible? Before I was playing the 0.02 patch of MapleStory DS but I named the theif guy something Korean. I have just finished the warrior story and am now currently playing the theif story. Is there a way to change the guy's name? It feels really weird to play as a guy that I don't even know his name.

Also for the future patches, are you going to remove all the cursing? They say hell and the "f" word alot.
I think that it'd be a good idea to make two patches one censored and the other uncensored. Just my thoughts.

link491

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its a complete but VERY rough translation (so far its understandible but like 47% broken and jibbery) it is unedited but yes, it is a "full" translation on terms of the game being english
so far id give it a 7/10 (only cuz it isnt edited yet)

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
TehSkull said:
ferofax said:
me too, patch not working. but i'm using a public computer so, maybe it has to do with .net files? you guys should really make something that doesn't rely on pre-installed software... not everybody has .net files that works with xdelta/someotherpatcher.

frown.gif
xDelta is a must for any NDS patch. We can't distribute the translated ROM on its own because it's still a ROM download, which is illegal. I don't think xDelta requires .NET though...

Try some of the instructions others gave on the last page (18).

i'll try others, but if it doesn't work out for me, i'll have to ask a friend to give me a patched copy instead. and no, i won't ask here, i'll ask elsewhere.

not really sure if it's xdelta or some other patcher, but i'm pretty sure that there are popular patchers there that i've used that required .NET, which is convenient for those who have it, but no-go for those who don't.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
If I knew how to hack, I would translate the gibberish into perfect English...
Thanks to our new SVN setup, you only need notepad to edit the translation.
biggrin.gif
PM me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
link491 said:
its a complete but VERY rough translation (so far its understandible but like 47% broken and jibbery) it is unedited but yes, it is a "full" translation on terms of the game being english
so far id give it a 7/10 (only cuz it isnt edited yet)

Hmm.. nice *_*
Well I will wait a little more for the perfect translation , this don't delay
THANKSSSSSS FOR MEGA POWER PLUS WORK THE TRANSLATORS ARE THE BEST

Well, I hope more good games come translated for the translators because I and gbatemp guys know have more good games of Nintendo DS to be translated

THANKS A LOT *_* If I were a excellent programmer or a translator hacker I never get tired because this works is speechless , I have proud to test this works

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I really want to try this out.
Actually, I wouldn't mind helping out with translation (kinda ehh in Korean) except for the fact that I'm too lazy. Sorry :/

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
azntiger said:
kirbymaster101 said:

I think that it'd be a good idea to make two patches one censored and the other uncensored. Just my thoughts.
And why the fuck would you want that?
tongue.gif

"Cursing" just adds to the flair of a game like that.
@topic: So the translation is complete, but a bit "mixed", eh. Gonna give this a try later.
smile.gif

Good work btw!

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Given the target market of this game, I believe we'll swap out most curse words. But that'll be one of the last things we do, and it'll be real easy to offer both censored and uncensored for those that want it.

JeremiahLoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
htt
XP
Country
Malaysia
Personally if they're cussing every single sentence it's going to start looking sloppy or redundant...

if put properly and put into the correct scenes... yeah Cursing is fine.
tongue.gif

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally would prefer it uncensored. It's no big deal unless they're saying the f-word every single sentence. Then I might want a censored one, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

HyoteiOp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How was the game (with the BlueSnail patch of course) for all of you? Any problems? 'Cuz I encountered a few.

1. I tried using my old save and basically it crashed (jammed up or black screen when switching maps).
2. So I tried using a Blank Slot in the game, and after the creation of whether you wanted to start out as the warrior OR the thief, it doesn't save.

It MIGHT be the problem at the old save file, as I haven't tried with a totally new save file. (As in, delete the sav. file and let the game re-create it)
Currently used on an R4III with YSMENU and RGF's latest one. (Was it 6.59? I'll check again.)

So far the rough translation gave me quite a good laugh and a huuuuge confusion on the story's plot xP
Last but not least, good luck on the translation and make it successful for us. Ya hear? x3

(Late Edit: It didn't work even I tried deleting the save and make a whole new one. It is like what the most recent post said in page 22, I can't get past the character creation if I did a new save)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh