ROM Hack MapleStory DS - English Translation Project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
ron975 said:
twiztidsinz said:
ron975 said:
I'm pretty sure that the "Yellow Mushroom" is an Orange Mushroom or rather Mushmom, as they are referring to a boss, I won't know for sure unless someone posts a ss of the scene in korean or anything else.
And I bet the Maple Personnel is the Maple Admin, but as always, i will need a screenshot to know for sure
I don't think it's Mushmom... I think it's similar to what they did with Giant Poring in Ragnarok DS.
Normally, you'd think a large Poring would be Mastering, but in RODS it was just a big poring.

And I think it's Maple Personnel since it sounds like you work for them.
Games like MapleStory DS and Ragnarok DS aren't 1:1 scaled down versions of their PC counterparts.
Like I said, won't know unless I have an SS and this is a translation project, which means the text can be edited any way
And like I said, I doubt it's Mushmom...
It's just a big Mushroom you have to fight as a tutorial... Just like Giant Porings were a tutorial 'boss' in Ragnarok DS.

http://global.hidden-street.net/monster/mushmom
Mushmom is a Lv60 enemy, the 'Yellow Mushroom' in MapleStory DS is fought -VERY- early on.
SS? And Off topic, I killed MM on my aran recently, Just something I wanted to share

LastMartini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks nothing like a Mushmom, it looks more like an Orange Mushroom.

It being a boss has nothing to do what it is named.

The second boss you fight is a Captain, are you going to call him Lord Pirate because he is a boss??

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
MapleStory_TutorialBoss.png

Now do you understand that it's NOT Mushmom?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
twiztidsinz said:
ron975 said:
MapleStory_TutorialBoss.png

Now do you understand that it's NOT Mushmom?
Definitely not Mushmom xD. I dub him Oversized Orange Mushroom (what is up with Nexon and giving their monsters adjectives xD)

-edit-
I just got a better name, lets just call him Mushkid xD
How about "Yellow Mushroom"?

Ya know... since his top is YELLOW and all..... (Image isn't as colorful as it should be. fixed.)

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I swear, if I knew the first thing to cracking that source file I would get right on it. I really want to see this translated, but I know nothing about hex editing. I didn't get into that much detail on binary files in school, and I don't know where to begin to teach myself.

Hiraoka Minoru

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Hiraoka Minoru

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just made google groups page.

does everyone has google account? currently it's open to anyone.
here's link : http://groups.google.com/group/maplestory-...slation-project

i was planning to make wiki based page, but it was hard to find 'english friendly' wiki tool from here.
i've uploaded DarthNemesis's textdump and some of translations right now, if you don't like the way I uploaded without permission, just tell me, and I'll cancel sharing of that document.

Louisvanharten

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
wohoo that looks great! I tried to translate some of the items, but the way I gotta do it is slooow... First google'd the korean item, looked up picture of it, searched hidden-street for the english name and implanted it, but it takes way too long like that. 5~10 minutes per item, hundreds of items, do the math.
I guess I should leave this to the people that actually understand korean
wink.gif

AkaXero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project has me greatly excited, I began to contribute what I knew in the items table. Dialogues and such are too much for my little understanding to be able to translate accurately sorry
frown.gif

donny124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello all GBATemp visitors.
im all new in here and i have a question about MapleStory DS im going to try to Make a Dutch translation for the game. but my problem is: what are the text files? i've extract the rom and only files i have are: a Resource.NXARC and a sound file and a lot of .BIN files. which are the text files? Please help me.

MattMacLean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
donny124, I'm sorry to say it's not as easy as just editing a text file. You need knowledge of HEX editing and rom hacking.

donny124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
okay thanks for the info. but can you give me a tutorial to learn how to edit text on a ds game?

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well it's a good thing that people have started working on the hacking portion of translating the game.
DN you are something else ya are.
Well here is some motivation on getting this project closer to completion;
A quote from NEXON CORP: "Maplestory DS is for Korean Market only and we have no plains to release it any where else."
Okay, that is a very loose quote but it is basically what they said.
Oh and good luck translating the tree in chapter 7 where you need to be able to understand how the riddle is played. (Which is impossible in other languages?) So I guess there was a clear indication on how to align the words in a previous chapter or something. I have completed the Knight's Story and am now on Chapter 4 or 5 of the Theif's Story. I might beat the game before translation is complete. I will still patch the game when translation is complete so that I can understand the story better and to see if I missed anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: oh ye i made a post i did forget they had an account i prob shouldve tagged them in the post tbh