MAKING GAMES ON 3DS WITH C#

leaozinho22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys of gbatemp, it's me again, i been seeing some videos od programation and i wanted a lot make games, i know how to pogram is cratch but thats is not REEEAL progamation, so someone know a good 3ds engine not beeing unity? or how to programate games on pc and after transform in CIAS.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about programming, but virtually all nintendo projects use devkitpro. to make cia, you need to use makerom, which requires an rsf, bnr, which is a png banner image, wave, which is optional. then, you have an icn which is the icon. and, you need an rsf, which you can find a template of on github. these can be as basic as you want. here's a thread I started with making the banner and icon: https://gbatemp.net/threads/bannertool-example.619783/#post-9953114

IceCat-Studios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys of gbatemp, it's me again, i been seeing some videos od programation and i wanted a lot make games, i know how to pogram is cratch but thats is not REEEAL progamation, so someone know a good 3ds engine not beeing unity? or how to programate games on pc and after transform in CIAS.
YOU NEED A MODDED 3DS SYSTEM

Go to here for the CTR SDK: Go search Odysee on Google. then after the base link put: /3ds:0

Go here for Unity Engine with Unity for 3DS build support (includes NDI): [no link, Google is your friend :)]

Go download qBitTorrent: [no link, Google is your friend :)]

Instructions:

1. Download everything up there. (excluding qBitTorrent).

2. Extract the 'UnityFor3DS.rar'.

3. Find the NDI in the location where you found it or search for 'NDI.exe' and launch it as Administrator.

4. Go into 'Dev Enviroments' in NDI then press 'Create Enviroment'

5. Press 'Create from a ZARF'

6. put the .megazarf into the Zarf file slot then rename the enviroment of change the install directory if required.

7. Press the Install button.

8. Let it install and if it fails to install anything, then try it in a VM.

9. Open the Unity executable.

10. Log into your Unity account or create one.

11. go into the 'INSTALLAION INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!.txt' file in any text editor *modsnip*

12. Go create a new 3D or 2D project.

13. Go to File/Build Settings then select 'Nintendo 3DS' then press Switch Platform.

14. [here is where you develop your game]

14 and a half. Get / create a 64x64 icon for your game then set the name and developer of your game. I reccomend you turn off Stereoscopic 3D.

IMPORTANT: If your game is for the O3DS, you are working with a Dual core 268mhz to 800mhz ARM11 (ARMV6 instruction set), 64MB of RAM, and OpenGL ES 1.1 (PICA200 GPU). You can't use the default touchscreen UI system with Unity for 3DS. You will need to use Input.mousePosition.x and y for mouse, and the left click for touches (custom touch system).

15. Go to File/ Build Settings then click Build.

16. Put the .cci ROM onto the 3DS's SD card and boot it up.

17. Get GodMode9 for 3DS if you don't have it.

18. Find the ROM on your SD card.

19. Go to NCSD rom options/ Decrypt.

20. Make it into a CIA by going into NCSD rom options/ Build CIA.

21. You will find the CIA in [root]/gm9/out

Last edited by DinohScene,

Dimolade_YT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
YOU NEED A MODDED 3DS SYSTEM

Go to here for the CTR SDK: Go search Odysee on Google. then after the base link put: /3ds:0

Go here for Unity Engine with Unity for 3DS build support (includes NDI): [no link, Google is your friend :)]

Go download qBitTorrent: [no link, Google is your friend :)]

Instructions:

1. Download everything up there. (excluding qBitTorrent).

2. Extract the 'UnityFor3DS.rar'.

3. Find the NDI in the location where you found it or search for 'NDI.exe' and launch it as Administrator.

4. Go into 'Dev Enviroments' in NDI then press 'Create Enviroment'

5. Press 'Create from a ZARF'

6. put the .megazarf into the Zarf file slot then rename the enviroment of change the install directory if required.

7. Press the Install button.

8. Let it install and if it fails to install anything, then try it in a VM.

9. Open the Unity executable.

10. Log into your Unity account or create one.

11. go into the 'INSTALLAION INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!!!.txt' file in any text editor *modsnip*

12. Go create a new 3D or 2D project.

13. Go to File/Build Settings then select 'Nintendo 3DS' then press Switch Platform.

14. [here is where you develop your game]

14 and a half. Get / create a 64x64 icon for your game then set the name and developer of your game. I reccomend you turn off Stereoscopic 3D.

IMPORTANT: If your game is for the O3DS, you are working with a Dual core 268mhz to 800mhz ARM11 (ARMV6 instruction set), 64MB of RAM, and OpenGL ES 1.1 (PICA200 GPU). You can't use the default touchscreen UI system with Unity for 3DS. You will need to use Input.mousePosition.x and y for mouse, and the left click for touches (custom touch system).

15. Go to File/ Build Settings then click Build.

16. Put the .cci ROM onto the 3DS's SD card and boot it up.

17. Get GodMode9 for 3DS if you don't have it.

18. Find the ROM on your SD card.

19. Go to NCSD rom options/ Decrypt.

20. Make it into a CIA by going into NCSD rom options/ Build CIA.

21. You will find the CIA in [root]/gm9/out
this works but how does the touchscreen work? im using the default input and when i click on it in unity it works but on a real 3ds when i touch it nothing happens.

Last edited by DinohScene,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn