Making a new Exploit with a newer game?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Jackson Ferrell, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Jackson Ferrell
    OP

Jackson Ferrell Naked Banana

Nov 28, 2015
    Australia
    Is anyone able to make a new exploit to homebrew via something like Tomodachi Life, nintendogs, Star Fox 64 3D or any other 3DS games?

2. VinsCool

VinsCool Scrambled Mind

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Maybe someday. Yeah.

It's no so simple though.

3. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Sure, just find a vulnerability that will give you access to the resources needed then develop the exploit. Have fun.

4. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    Not Another one of these threads, First , You cant choose what game can be exploited...Finding the Game that can be exploitable is like finding a needle in a hay stack....

DesuIsSparta, SLiV3R and Gray_Jack like this.
  5. Jackson Ferrell
    OP

Nov 28, 2015
    Australia
    It was just a question. And games like the ones I mentioned I think might be easy to hack. Especially Star Fox 3D

6. James310

James310 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    United States
    Somewhere in California
    HaHaHa "Easy", Do you have any experience on how these hax even work? A basic Game can be almost impossible to actually do anything useful like using it as a entrypoint...

Tomato Hentai and Gray_Jack like this.
  7. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    unless the devs of the company screwed up by leaving entrypoints in any newer games or other older games then I don't think you'll see any new entrypoints for homebrew any time soon.

8. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    Why?

9. Jackson Ferrell
    OP

Nov 28, 2015
    Australia
    Easy is a definitive term used to compare with objects in a similar field. Therefore I refer "easy" as to "being easier than hacking other games." I wish common sense were still used on this planet.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Because Star Fox 3D was a remake like Ocarina of Time and usually the 3DS remakes of previous games are experimented on first

10. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    Just because a game is glitchy doesn't mean it's going to have a viable vulnerability.

11. Earth97

Earth97 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Italy
    One of the exploitable games (confirmed by smea) is Brunswick Pro Bowling. I don't think anyone will make anything out of it, though.
    Actually, if I could, it would seem a nice experiment to me. Who knows, maybe someone is working on it.

Last edited by Earth97, Mar 14, 2016
  12. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    I wish there is a facepalm button on this board...

Think of it this way. Smealum, Yellows8 and other developers all wants to create FREE entrypoint exploit to promote the scene. If they can hand pick a vulnerability then the order should be free Ehsop games/ app -> cheap clearance bin game

As of 10.6, no public free entry point exploit (not counting SSB demo for N3DS since being time limited). It's not what game / app they choose. It's the vulnerabilities that can be found and exploited.

-snip-

Edit: You assumed on the part of remakes are all experimental. Nintendo means to profit. Just that their game developers made mistake and leave viable vulnerabilities on OOT. Not that the game developers intended to leave viable vulnerabilities on all remake games.

Last edited by tivu100, Mar 14, 2016
    Just Passing By likes this.
  13. Pikasack

Pikasack What is a title

Apr 27, 2015
    Canada
    You can't just make an exploit out of thin air.
    You need to search in a logical place, like how Cubic Ninja has a QR Code reader, for all we know Stretchmo with a QR reader could be an exploit.
    You have to investigate, find something useful and work with it.
    It's a long process.
    But I'm too lazy to do all of that so I type it all out for others to see.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  14. SSMatt123

SSMatt123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2014
    Narnia
    There's probably plenty, but it tends to be an ends to a need thing. We have various working ones now so no one is really looking for them.

And that's probably for the best. Nintendo actively works to stop these entrypoints, so if they do manage to kill them it's wise not to bring other cards to the table for them to stop unless it's necessary.

15. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    But why? We already have 5+ different types of hax. Aren't they good enough for you?

16. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    If there was common sense on this planet then you wouldn't have asked this question to begin with and instead educated yourself by checking on what exploits are and how they work through sources such as wikipedia and 3dbrew. You really have no right at all to call out others on their lack of common sense.

Can the mods please close this thread? There is nothing good going to come off of this and its existence is utterly pointless.

UraKn0x likes this.
  17. koim

koim GBAtemp Regular

Apr 16, 2015
    France

18. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You can't just pull an exploit out of any random game off your shelf, if there isn't a usable exploit in them. It's just not some easy process where grab a game a random and boom, there's an exploit.

19. Jackson Ferrell
    OP

Nov 28, 2015
    Australia
    I'm referring to a 10.6 exploit

20. Favna

Favna #PCMasterRace

Sep 12, 2009
    Netherlands
    Ocarina of Time and Cubic Ninja