Homebrew Making a new Exploit with a newer game?

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is anyone able to make a new exploit to homebrew via something like Tomodachi Life, nintendogs, Star Fox 64 3D or any other 3DS games?

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was just a question. And games like the ones I mentioned I think might be easy to hack. Especially Star Fox 3D
HaHaHa "Easy", Do you have any experience on how these hax even work? A basic Game can be almost impossible to actually do anything useful like using it as a entrypoint...

Jackson Ferrell

I don't like SJWs
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
HaHaHa "Easy", Do you have any experience on how these hax even work? A basic Game can be almost impossible to actually do anything useful like using it as a entrypoint...
Easy is a definitive term used to compare with objects in a similar field. Therefore I refer "easy" as to "being easier than hacking other games." I wish common sense were still used on this planet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because Star Fox 3D was a remake like Ocarina of Time and usually the 3DS remakes of previous games are experimented on first

Earth97

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
One of the exploitable games (confirmed by smea) is Brunswick Pro Bowling. I don't think anyone will make anything out of it, though.
Actually, if I could, it would seem a nice experiment to me. Who knows, maybe someone is working on it.

Last edited by Earth97,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was just a question. And games like the ones I mentioned I think might be easy to hack. Especially Star Fox 3D

Easy is a definitive term used to compare with objects in a similar field. Therefore I refer "easy" as to "being easier than hacking other games." I wish common sense were still used on this planet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because Star Fox 3D was a remake like Ocarina of Time and usually the 3DS remakes of previous games are experimented on first
I wish there is a facepalm button on this board...

Think of it this way. Smealum, Yellows8 and other developers all wants to create FREE entrypoint exploit to promote the scene. If they can hand pick a vulnerability then the order should be free Ehsop games/ app -> cheap clearance bin game

As of 10.6, no public free entry point exploit (not counting SSB demo for N3DS since being time limited). It's not what game / app they choose. It's the vulnerabilities that can be found and exploited.

-snip-

Edit: You assumed on the part of remakes are all experimental. Nintendo means to profit. Just that their game developers made mistake and leave viable vulnerabilities on OOT. Not that the game developers intended to leave viable vulnerabilities on all remake games.

Last edited by tivu100,
Reactions: Just Passing By

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't just make an exploit out of thin air.
You need to search in a logical place, like how Cubic Ninja has a QR Code reader, for all we know Stretchmo with a QR reader could be an exploit.
You have to investigate, find something useful and work with it.
It's a long process.
But I'm too lazy to do all of that so I type it all out for others to see.

Reactions: Deleted User

SSMatt123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.badgerbadgerbadger.com
XP
Country
There's probably plenty, but it tends to be an ends to a need thing. We have various working ones now so no one is really looking for them.

And that's probably for the best. Nintendo actively works to stop these entrypoints, so if they do manage to kill them it's wise not to bring other cards to the table for them to stop unless it's necessary.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wish common sense were still used on this planet.
If there was common sense on this planet then you wouldn't have asked this question to begin with and instead educated yourself by checking on what exploits are and how they work through sources such as wikipedia and 3dbrew. You really have no right at all to call out others on their lack of common sense.

Can the mods please close this thread? There is nothing good going to come off of this and its existence is utterly pointless.

Reactions: UraKn0x

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not Another one of these threads, First , You cant choose what game can be exploited...Finding the Game that can be exploitable is like finding a needle in a hay stack....
Dr. Spencer Reid said:
A needle would stand out in a haystack. Actually it's more like we're looking for a needle in a pile of needles.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't just pull an exploit out of any random game off your shelf, if there isn't a usable exploit in them. It's just not some easy process where grab a game a random and boom, there's an exploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.