manf0001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I'm running my WiiU with Haxchi and am able to install my games onto USB drive using WUP files. There are a couple of games that need some updates, and I've been able to to download my updates with FunkiiU. However there are some game updates I'm unable to obtain with FunkiiU. So I started thinking and am looking to see if this is possible or am I just dreaming.

1) Becuase these games were installed using WUP installer, is it safe to allow game to download the updates via the WiiU.

2) If 1 is ok to do. Is it possible to make a offline WUP installer of the update after it's already installed on the WiiU or is this just a nice dream?

TIA

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. yes
2. why do you need an offline of the update if you can just install it the normal way? I don't understand the purpose of this. The answer is no.

manf0001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. yes
2. why do you need an offline of the update if you can just install it the normal way? I don't understand the purpose of this. The answer is no.
I just wanted to have a backup in case in the future I might need to re-install, if and when the updates will no longer be available when Nintendo shuts down the NUS content. Mainly archival purposes.

Last edited by manf0001,

HomeStarRunnerTron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the way to make a WUP to just have offline is to 1) Have a PC (I have a Mac running Bootcamp, personally-- it's free to do! EDIT: Actually, I just found out this work on Mac in Terminal-- just gotta cd yourself into the right directory.), 2) Download a Java Runtime, and 3) Download JNUSTool. Which is here: https://github.com/Maschell/JNUSTool/releases

Go into the config file in the downloaded folder in a text-editor & where it says "[COMMONKEY]" in there, type in the WiiU commonkey, without the brackets. And yes-- you need the WiiU Common Key again for this. I think I'm not allowed to post that here. Google "wiiu common key", it should come up! BUT, there's places to get that... ^_^ Then save the config file.

Once you do that, open up the folder with JNUSTool.jar in it, put your mouse over that window, hold Shift, then right-click. Then, you open up a PowerShell Window, then type in a code in to the CMD terminal that opens up, which is...

Code:
java -jar JNUSTool.jar TITLEID TITLEKEY

So you'll need the title key of whatever it is you're downloading. I'd link the list of WiiU Title Keys here, but it's gotten taken down from the Internet so many times, and I think that has to do with people linking it. Just Google "WiiU Title Key"-- it'll be near the top-- big long list of title IDs & titlekeys. Use the blue clipboard icon there to copy whichever one you need. You can even download updates & DLC! ^_^ Just like you want.

When you enter that code, a new window will pop up, where you can select what you want to download (which I assume will be all of the folders), then you hit Download! And it'll download a Loadiine-ready folder.

At this point, if you still want it to be in WUP format, you download NUSPacker: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nuspacker-pack-files-into-installable-packages.447689/

Then, open the folder with NUSPacker in it, shift+right-click & open a Terminal window in that folder again, then enter the following:

Code:
java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in "INPUTDIRECTORY" -out "OUTPUTDIRECTORY"
-encryptKeyWith COMMONKEY

So where it says INPUTDIRECTORY, drag whatever Loadiine-ready folder you're going to convert into the terminal window at that point, and it'll type in the directory for you. And for the output, well-- you can decide where it goes and what the folder will be called. I just tend to leave it in the NUSPacker folder, which it will be unless specified.

And yes-- you need the WiiU Common Key again for this! Lookit up. : )

Last edited by HomeStarRunnerTron,

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
1) Becuase these games were installed using WUP installer, is it safe to allow game to download the updates via the WiiU.
Nintendo doesn't care about the wii u. Yes it is safe.

2) If 1 is ok to do. Is it possible to make a offline WUP installer of the update after it's already installed on the WiiU or is this just a nice dream?
Possible yes. But not required...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1