Hacking MAIO: Moonshell All-in-One for Acekards

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks jurassicplayer, I got my acekard 2i today I'm very disappointed. Ds games looks like poop on 3ds.
frown.gif
Which is better in skin customization Moonshell 2 or MENUdo? is MENUdo running on acekard 2i with akaio?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I still like Moonshell2 for skin customizing, but MENUdo has an animated menu screen that works similar to the XMB menu which is pretty neat. You have to try a couple themes for yourself to see how spiffy the animation is (http://menudo.yolasite.com/).

-edit-
MENUdo also uses AKAIO as the loader.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried MENUdo but i still like the menu of Moonshell 2.
yaynds.gif
I think I want to make a new skin for MAIO. Anyone wants a Angry Birds Skin?

95u0ph.jpg

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
Personally, I still like Moonshell2 for skin customizing, but MENUdo has an animated menu screen that works similar to the XMB menu which is pretty neat. You have to try a couple themes for yourself to see how spiffy the animation is (http://menudo.yolasite.com/).

-edit-
MENUdo also uses AKAIO as the loader.
WAIT. So you're telling me that MENUdo can now load ROMs?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well I guess 'donor' isn't quite the proper word to use - but even I get the general idea from it

Donor - one meaning is '1. One that contributes something, such as money, to a cause or fund.'
so taking that as an example then MenuDo 'contributes something' to AKAIO loader to run ROMS

or in other words (like most other methods I've read about)
MenuDo passes on info to the AKAIO loader to allow the loader to run ROMS

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Well I guess 'donor' isn't quite the proper word to use - but even I get the general idea from it

Donor - one meaning is '1. One that contributes something, such as money, to a cause or fund.'
so taking that as an example then MenuDo 'contributes something' to AKAIO loader to run ROMS

or in other words (like most other methods I've read about)
MenuDo passes on info to the AKAIO loader to allow the loader to run ROMS
OK, so wouldn't AKAIO be the donor by donating the ROM loader?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:
CannonFoddr said:
Well I guess 'donor' isn't quite the proper word to use - .......MenuDo passes on info to the AKAIO loader to allow the loader to run ROMS
OK, so wouldn't AKAIO be the donor by donating the ROM loader?
I guess it's depends on your point of view

This is my general view of how alternative menus (like [modified] Moonshell, MenuDo, iMenu, Bagplug etc) use official loaders to run ROMS

Imagine a relay race with 2 team runners - there's 'Menudo' and 'Akaio'....
...You, the starter, starts the race (by switching on, & selecting a ROM to run)
...'Menudo' starts running, holding onto a relay baton (Contains the ROM name/details)
...'Akaio' cannot finish the race (run the ROM) until 'Menudo' has passed on (or 'donated') the baton first

Anyhow... just thinking, isn't this is a little
offtopic.gif
isn't it ??
wink.gif
thought this was a MAIO/Moonshell thread
laugh.gif

pom_dave

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anything that can be done so that MAIO can launch PAlib based nds files.

Currently I have a few PAlib based nds files that will work fine if I exit to AKAIO first and launch them from there, but if I launch them from MAIO I get all kinds of weird behaviour.

Thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
pom_dave said:
Is there anything that can be done so that MAIO can launch PAlib based nds files.

Currently I have a few PAlib based nds files that will work fine if I exit to AKAIO first and launch them from there, but if I launch them from MAIO I get all kinds of weird behaviour.

Thanks
It's probably Moonshell2 that is trying to load the homebrew instead of AKAIO. Try going to /moonshl2/extlink and duplicate a copy of _vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds or _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds (or maybe they are named _xx.inilink.nds respectively. Just rename the duplicate as nds..nds and then see if it works.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pom_dave said:

Thanks
What are the homebrew apps you are trying to run?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__