Status
Not open for further replies.

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is he not doing that?
I havnt watched the videos , I thought that's what we were meant to do aswell.

Tell me what area's are FULLY CHECKED, whether that means that he'll have to come back at the near end game or not, it doesnt matter, If it's not FULLY CHECKED i wont cross it out.

Mr. Micx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PewpewFiah said:
Alright well im a bit bored so im just gonna skip half the game :3 and i'll go backwards, checking Ecruteak back to Violet City.

I don't see how that is going to work...
As if you "skip half the game" then your going to pass 'once only' text, which your not recording.
So, if there are errors or mistakes, you would be recording them.

Unless, someone else / yourself were to start over agian and record those mistakes.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm with the idea. It's good to see that someone is finally making videos. Keep it up!(And by keep it up, I mean don't just do what others did, which was make a bunch of vids up to a point and quit)

Mr. Micx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PewpewFiah said:
Is he not doing that?
I havnt watched the videos , I thought that's what we were meant to do aswell.

Tell me what area's are FULLY CHECKED, whether that means that he'll have to come back at the near end game or not, it doesnt matter, If it's not FULLY CHECKED i wont cross it out.
So, My apologies to the video creator. I wasn't paying attention to the video which I was watching, my apologies agian.
In the furture I shall check, and check agian.

jackopeng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PaulMoore12 said:
PewpewFiah said:
PaulMoore12 said:
I will aim to get to the Bellsprout tower by today
Alrighty then, Feel free to take a break and I'll give you a hand wherever possible. I'll probably try play up to and beyond Falkner tonight.

I'll cross out those routes in a minute, Im a bit busy setting up a forum for Future Beta Testers :3

Up to route 31 complete: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om-rhKYfiQc...F39&index=5

Found a sign completely in Japanese.

Thanks for helping out
smile.gif

EDIT: Route 31 Complete: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C46xLu5NT8...F39&index=6
EDIT 2: Everything in Violet City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkM27NnJihY...F39&index=7 -- Lots of areas in and around Violet City with Japanese text still there.

Nice paul! good work keep it up! Hopefully this will help magnius more and we get some more game translated =]

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well Paul is playing the game properly, Im just translating the City itself cause I was bored, and I know the only Event from playing Gold and Silver in Ecruteak is the Legendary Dogs, and the first put of that with Euisiene is translated. So my video is fine. I'll go back in a bit, I'm just a bit pooped after making the forum for us :3

My video of Ecruteak will hopefully be up tonight, if not it'll be up tomorrow

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also going with that person's idea, you guys don't HAVE to make vids of the whole game, just vids of certain routes and stuff is good enough.

Although a whole walkthrough is good to see what story events are untranslated.

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WataruKun said:
Also going with that person's idea, you guys don't HAVE to make vids of the whole game, just vids of certain routes and stuff is good enough.

Teency bit off topic but it's not really.
Your heart gold translation and where you've translated the bits for Ecruteak.

I havnt really looked through the WHOLE xml file yet but is the storyline in order or is it all over the place? Cause I'd just do a Heart Gold translation after you released your soul Silver if it's just Line 4000000 - Line 6000000 was changed, or whatever if you get my idea. So i'd just go to that line and change heart gold's text, Then send you the XML to make your patch :]

Oh and just wondering if you actually want to use the forum I have setup for you and anyone that you want to Beta test later versions WITH videos outside of here. It would save some of the clutter in this thread and make it easier to see what has to be done, and to assign it equally to people, I'm really grateful and glad that Paul is doing so much work, but he really shouldnt have to do it alone so with the forum we could assign people area X for deadline : FRIDAY. or whatever. Again just my idea.
Anyways let me know about the forum thing cause it's mine so I'll do whatever you need done to it if you want.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PewpewFiah said:
WataruKun said:

Teency bit off topic but it's not really.
Your heart gold translation and where you've translated the bits for Ecruteak.

I havnt really looked through the WHOLE xml file yet but is the storyline in order or is it all over the place? Cause I'd just do a Heart Gold translation after you released your soul Silver if it's just Line 4000000 - Line 6000000 was changed, or whatever if you get my idea. So i'd just go to that line and change heart gold's text, Then send you the XML to make your patch :]

Oh and just wondering if you actually want to use the forum I have setup for you and anyone that you want to Beta test later versions WITH videos outside of here. It would save some of the clutter in this thread and make it easier to see what has to be done, and to assign it equally to people, I'm really grateful and glad that Paul is doing so much work, but he really shouldnt have to do it alone so with the forum we could assign people area X for deadline : FRIDAY. or whatever. Again just my idea.
Anyways let me know about the forum thing cause it's mine so I'll do whatever you need done to it if you want.
It's not about that lol, I know where to modify the text. I could've made an HG patch if I wanted.

Save yourself the work, if you REALLY want to play HG in English, dump the folders with TheNewPoketext and replace the "0/2/7" file with the one from SS Beta 4.

Then use the mkrom function in Poketext.

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
D:

Is it not allowed to upload saves and display them here? :3

If not I'll give you a save that's just past Falkner

Mr. Micx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, so this is it so far:
  • New Bark Town = ? % - ( TESTER )[*]Route 29 = ? % - ( TESTER )[*]Cherrygrove City = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Route 30 = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Route 31 = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Dark Cave = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Violet City = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Route 32 = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Ruins of Alph = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Union Cave = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Route 33 = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Azalea Town = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Slowpoke Well = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Ilex Forest = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Route 34 = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Goldenrod City = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Route 35 = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • National Park = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Route 36 = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Route 37 = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Ecruteak City = ? % - ( TESTER )
  • Sprout Tower = ? % - ( TESTER )

PaulMoore12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
PewpewFiah said:
D:

Is it not allowed to upload saves and display them here? :3

If not I'll give you a save that's just past Falkner

I think it should be allowed as its not 'illegal'.

niedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
paul you should like cheat (add pokemon from pokesav) just so you can get through the game quicker
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.