Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
DomeFossil said:
Please do me a favour when you translate it, and do the types and statuses first, it feels odd to see moves translated and not types.
Those will be done eventually. I just have to figure out to edit narc graphics. There's even a possibility that I could import the symbols from the English version of Platinum.

Kazo has all of the types completed I think it was him who said they just ripped them from Platinum don't quote me on that I'm not sure. Well he has been recommending everyone to you just to let you know and I think you could just ask him how to edit narc graphics he seems nice enough. (I never talked to the guy just going on how he response to people
happy.gif
hope I helped

Raysie1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lachlan10411 said:
my patch v2 isnt workin ive got window xp 2000 it just comes up with 0 byte file. can sum1 plz help me?
Has the ROM you're patching already been patched before?

Patch a clean ROM instead.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Just a warning for future post... Before you compare this to Kazo's patch, play the patch.
played it a bit.. not seeing much different from v1 unfortunately (currently on path right after first gym).
some dialog is there, some isnt, most of the item and pokemon descriptions missing... some key menu parts missing... did something maybe go wrong in the upload or download?

anyway, what would really be nice is mixing together your dialog and kazo's menu and database stuff
wink.gif

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lachlan10411 said:
my patch v2 isnt workin ive got window xp 2000 it just comes up with 0 byte file. can sum1 plz help me?
you have the wrong base rom. should be a clean untrimmed rom when you start, 131072kb in size

damaztur

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you all just stfu about him joining Kazo? He said he isn't going to do that and yet all those freakin' ASSHOLES are asking him,, no wait that's wrong, TELLING him he should join Kazo. Are you out of your goddamn mind? Just let him do his awesome job and wait for the new patch!

Btw: Great job dude:D

shanepaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to clarify this. So if I exceed the current gym to where the full translation is made I will just get japanese texts from there on?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
WataruKun said:
Just a warning for future post... Before you compare this to Kazo's patch, play the patch.
played it a bit.. not seeing much different from v1 unfortunately (currently on path right after first gym).
some dialog is there, some isnt, most of the item and pokemon descriptions missing... some key menu parts missing... did something maybe go wrong in the upload or download?

anyway, what would really be nice is mixing together your dialog and kazo's menu and database stuff
wink.gif
...You seem to have the inability to read. It IS patch 1 with Azalea added. This is not an ALL ITEMS traslation to be used from wherever you are. It is a dialoge translation meant to be played till Azalea Town.

I repeat...

If you have not played the whole DO NO compare this to Kazo's...

Seriously, I might start reporting idiots who do not know how to read.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also, I don't think I'll be releasing another patch for a while. A. People don't want to use this how it's supposed be used(Testing from the beginning to Azalea) and B. just not enough appreciation.

I was thinking of releasing the next one at Ecruteak, but now it might be longer.

It appears to get IDIOTS to stop b*tching I have to not only have what's in Kazo's patch, but also do the dialogue.

Or better yet, those idiots can just go play Kazo's patch. Problem solved.

desrone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WataruKun said:
Also, I don't think I'll be releasing another patch for a while. A. People don't want to use this how it's supposed be used(Testing from the beginning to Azalea) and B. just not enough appreciation.

I was thinking of releasing the next one at Ecruteak, but now it might be longer.

It appears to get IDIOTS to stop b*tching I have to not only have what's in Kazo's patch, but also do the dialogue.

Or better yet, those idiots can just go play Kazo's patch. Problem solved.

What are you talking about?! Of course people appreciate this, maybe not everyone who appreciates it posts it, but that doesnt mean you dont have a lot of appreciation, plus Kazo's patch isn't even translated properly dialogue-wise from what I've heard/ read, and your dialogue is farther than his anyway, and if that doesnt help.. I APPRECIATE YOU!

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey WataruKun plz don't stop the release of your patches, as u very well know most of the guys who keeps on asking again and again about the release of the new patches as well as the whiner's are usually the impatient one's hence all they acan do is whine make stupid comments, so i'd suggest u just don't bother about them, also i'm sure you would have noticed a lot of ppl appreciate your hard work, it just not all put it down in words.. Hope you don't stop your work coz of some dumbf*&^s..

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Just ignore them. You don't really cater for them, right? Just let them say their "OMG I'm so ungrateful I'm making my own patch. Nothing will stop me!" or "Wataru-kun man, hurry up with those patches. We are more important than your lyfe. JOO LIVE TO SERVE US". We don't want to see another promising project unfinished.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hotzdevil said:
Hey WataruKun plz don't stop the release of your patches, as u very well know most of the guys who keeps on asking again and again about the release of the new patches as well as the whiner's are usually the impatient one's hence all they acan do is whine make stupid comments, so i'd suggest u just don't bother about them, also i'm sure you would have noticed a lot of ppl appreciate your hard work, it just not all put it down in words.. Hope you don't stop your work coz of some dumbf*&^s..
Thing is idiots expect this to be like Kazo's patch, where they can basically take off from anywhere in the game and have items in English. Not happening. Not what the patch it used for. The patch is used to translate the dialogue and MOST items you can get up to Azalea. If you're using this patch AFTER Azalea, you are misusing it. Nothing [including trainer and item names] is meant to be translated after that point.

And whoever said the menus aren't translated? What are you smoking? I want to know.

The Mart Text is 100% translated.

Most of the Bag Menu text is translated.

Most of the "Choose your Pokemon" stuff is translated.

So I can't think of what you're talking about other than maybe that text at the beggining, the continue screen or the Pokedex, which haven't been translated.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
well like i posted earlier they are so damn impatient so they would hv surely passes azalea and hence when they noticed that its not translated beyond that point when it comes to stuff like certain items that you get after that town they start crying foul, so just let them whine all they want if they can't understand why the beta patches are being released its their loss so don't fret about it, coz a lot of us don't wan't you to stop your work, coz you are doing a great job..

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hotzdevil said:
well like i posted earlier they are so damn impatient so they would hv surely passes azalea and hence when they noticed that its not translated beyond that point when it comes to stuff like certain items that you get after that town they start crying foul, so just let them whine all they want if they can't understand why the beta patches are being released its their loss so don't fret about it, coz a lot of us don't wan't you to stop your work, coz you are doing a great job..
Yep...

BTW for non-Americans, do you want me to make an alternate patch for the Pokedex, where measurement related stuff is kept in Kgs as opposed to lbs?

Alonorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree... the people that are whining are people who are playing past what both your's and Kazo's patch are, and are like "I'm better than you cause I can play the game faster than you so make a new patch NOW or I will flame your thread!!!"

I have personally played both patches up till the end of the translated sections, and your patch is better by a long shot. So like many people have been saying, you have a LOT of people who appreciate the work, who understand that you are spending all of your time translating the game, rather than playing and enjoying the game. These people also understand that you have a LIFE outside of the project, cause we have lives outside playing games (something I'm sure all the flamers lack).

So please, don't stop your amazing work because of some impatient people who also can't understand that this type of work takes time, considering you aren't copy and pasting from the GSC game text. And if the flaming is really getting annoying, you could just pick up a free site and maintain it yourself, so you could ban the flamers
tongue.gif
I would be willing to help you with it if you are interested
biggrin.gif

But please, if anything, PLEASE DON'T STOP YOUR WORK!!! Your patch is the best thing we will get until the English release in the spring.

And, your patch is the ONLY one that will have dialogue: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=178847
QUOTE said:
Dialog Translation Progress: All major events up to the First Gym have been translated****

I am not going to be doing anymore dialog translations, It just seems like too much work for nothing. If you want a dialog translation, please see Magnius' translation.

Magnius' Translation: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179686

TTNH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
BTW for non-Americans, do you want me to make an alternate patch for the Pokedex, where measurement related stuff is kept in Kgs as opposed to lbs?

hmm. that's not a bad idea actually but in Australia we use the same measurement like the USA does in the pokemon games. I don't know why though.

Different topic
-sarcasm voice- Thanks! Thanks a lot!
Now this patch has been delayed! Those people has pushed him to this stage already! If you keep pushing him further then we may not have an english patch at all!
This is the only patch left that is being translated into HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I wonder if that video idea would really get Watarukun motivated?

Anyways for those who is up to this page. The difference between Kazo's and Magnius's patch is that Kazo involves reading from the original Pokemon Gold, Silver or Crystal game and replacing that text into the HeartGold and SoulSilver game. While Magnius's patch involves reading the Japanese text from HeartGold and SoulSilver and translating it into english into the game.

for example. in the introduction.
Kazo's Patch: ....... ..... Zzz... Hm? Wha...? You Woke me up! Will you check the clock for me? ........... It's what?! I overslept!
Magnius's Patch: ..... ..... ..... Zzzzzzzzzzzz..... Hmm? Oh, Forgive me! I must have been reading a book or so.

This is a brief description which describes the difference between Kazo's and Magnius's patch. I might be missing another major difference between these patches but can you see the difference?

Don't give up Watarukun! I appreciate for all the time you have taken to do this daunting task and sharing it for other people to enjoy.
Remember by making this patch you are also making people happy for all ages! Young and old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...