Website
www.flame-ex.com
XP
Country
United States
Thomas26 said:
flame6753 said:
chickenmatt5 said:
Could I mabye have an answer from the creator?
It's a translation for both.
Reading the thread title, I can deduct that.. this will be... ONLY SOUL SILVER! *crowd gasp*
In the OP, he states that it is a HG / SS translation. The title is misleading. You guys seriously have to READ. Especially chickenmatt5

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've heard your opinion Rykin, but alas I'm going to continue working on it despite your opinion. I think it is clear that our opinions differ. This is my translation I will keep doing it. No amount of you debating your opinion will make me change that.

BTW, I have experience in graphics editing. And icons shouldn't be much harder than ripping the DP ones.

And yes, they may be be farther in menus and blah blah, but what have they done translation wise? See the thing is you're not patient. You want EVERYTHING done at once. That's not going to happen. When the first patch is out, enough will be translated to move through the game, such as Pokemon names, items, abilities and most important DIALOGUE.

The graphics stuff are not the main focus right, but the dialogue translation IS.

Do not assume that because it's not done NOW, it's not gonna be done.

This is what I mean by impatience, you expect everything to be done at once.

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
well its glad to know that u're taking your time, this is a sign that that you are looking at things at a very detailed level which will result in a better translation with lesser amount of mistakes, compared to hurried ones..

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even taking my time, it shouldn't be more than a month or 2 before the patch is complete. A complete patch might be a Christmas present this year.

In my view, translation takes longer than graphics hacking. So if I get the translation done, the graphics wouldn't take that long after that to finish.

You forget that I've already translated up to violet, compared to the other guys, who have what? Copy and pasted text or not even touched the dialogue?

Of course they're going fast! They're copying and pasting and I'm actually translating.

mauripena

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
long way!

ok, no need to rush after all.

he also has a life, he isnt forced to translate the game in a week.

its a kind giveaway, so there is no need to be impatient!

good luck with your project!

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
I've heard your opinion Rykin, but alas I'm going to continue working on it despite your opinion. I think it is clear that our opinions differ. This is my translation I will keep doing it. No amount of you debating your opinion will make me change that.

BTW, I have experience in graphics editing. And icons shouldn't be much harder than ripping the DP ones.

And yes, they may be be farther in menus and blah blah, but what have they done translation wise? See the thing is you're not patient. You want EVERYTHING done at once. That's not going to happen. When the first patch is out, enough will be translated to move through the game, such as Pokemon names, items, abilities and most important DIALOGUE.

The graphics stuff are not the main focus right, but the dialogue translation IS.

I don't expect everything at once. Looking at your thread, I'd expected you to not release anything for several weeks if not longer. However, I know that toying through tons of text is a time consuming process. I know that even if I was proficient in Japanese, I wouldn't have the free time to work on this project to the extent that you are talking about doing alone. I was merely suggesting a partnership to distribute the workload.

I respect the fact that you want to work alone as I tend to be like that myself. Working with others can be frustrating if they don't want to work at your pace.

Good luck with your project, sir. If you later decide you have questions or need some assistance- feel free to ask.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rykin said:
WataruKun said:

I don't expect everything at once. Looking at your thread, I'd expected you to not release anything for several weeks if not longer. However, I know that toying through tons of text is a time consuming process. I know that even if I was proficient in Japanese, I wouldn't have the free time to work on this project to the extent that you are talking about doing alone. I was merely suggesting a partnership to distribute the workload.

I respect the fact that you want to work alone as I tend to be like that myself. Working with others can be frustrating if they don't want to work at your pace.

Good luck with your project, sir. If you later decide you have questions or need some assistance- feel free to ask.
Yes, I know. But the thing is, is that I'm doing this because I want to. I'm aware of the work load and I'm willing to do it.

post353

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WataruKun said:
Rykin said:
WataruKun said:

Yes, I know. But the thing is, is that I'm doing this because I want to. I'm aware of the work load and I'm willing to do it.

Good job Magnius! If anyone wants to just play the game, just follow this walkthrough lol. http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=242AC262CAA84B2D

midniteoctopus

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why people are complaining of him doing this or how long it's going to take. It's his project, he's doing this of his own free-will and time and he's being nice enough to share it with everybody. If anybody is wasting their time, it's the people complaining about it.

nds rom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
looking forward to your patch i bet its going to be great and take your time.

Shugo Takahashi

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:

Wow, that's some dedication. From the screenshots and video I've seen, I'm confident that this'll turn out to be a great patch.

Funny that we're probably going to have this game completed months in advance of Nintendo's official release and everyone will have played the hell out of it by then in full English. People on the internet these days are truly a force to be reckoned with.

Also, to Raqib/Rykin...please just step back and let it go. This guy wants to do it on his own and he wants it to be HIS work and wants to make sure everything in the game it up to HIS quality standards. I've personally played through a large part of the game in both your and Kazo's patches and while the graphic edits look nice (even though I don't particularly like "HACKED BY ME" on the title screen...not even Kazo does that shit anymore), I have to say that the translation job is lackluster and so far very buggy and incomplete. Even Kazo has started work on the dialog (even if it is just copy+paste from the GBC game), which you guys have claimed you will never do. The story is one of the best parts of HGSS, and I've found the game to be pretty damn boring just battling and running from place to place...which is strange, because previous Japanese Pokemon releases didn't have that effect on me. HGSS needs to be treated with love and a dedication to completeness, which WataruKun seems to be doing. I think I'll side with WataruKun on this one.

Given the work being put into this patch and the time it'll take to be done, I think I'll quit my current game of SS and let it be until I can get some dialog. It's starting to feel almost like a job to play the game, since all it is is battling and managing the party without any dialog. I need to replay FR/LG anyway...

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shugo Takahashi said:
Also, to Raqib/Rykin...please just step back and let it go. This guy wants to do it on his own and he wants it to be HIS work and wants to make sure everything in the game it up to HIS quality standards. I've personally played through a large part of the game in both your and Kazo's patches and while the graphic edits look nice (even though I don't particularly like "HACKED BY ME" on the title screen...not even Kazo does that shit anymore), I have to say that the translation job is lackluster and so far very buggy and incomplete. Even Kazo has started work on the dialog (even if it is just copy+paste from the GBC game), which you guys have claimed you will never do. The story is one of the best parts of HGSS, and I've found the game to be pretty damn boring just battling and running from place to place...which is strange, because previous Japanese Pokemon releases didn't have that effect on me. HGSS needs to be treated with love and a dedication to completeness, which WataruKun seems to be doing. I think I'll side with WataruKun on this one.

There are a few things I'd like to say to this comment.

First, I think you misunderstood my reply to Wat's comment. I simply suggested my idea once, and he declined. I don't intend to go any further.

Kazo has requested that I make a graphic edit adding his name to the intro of the game.

Raqib has considered doing the story, but I believe he doesn't want to do it himself- especially since Magnius is showing such great potential on his own.

Please don't assume things about the translation projects unless you've directly talked to the individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp