Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Retal said:
WataruKun said:
Django0 said:
Any chance on a katakana version (for the pokemon names)?
Dunno, I personally grew up with the English names. Totodile over Wakinoko and Cyndaquil over Hinoarashi.
So your siblings were Pokémon?
Don't%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Well, I know there's already an HGSS translation going on out there, but I decided to make my own. I've only been working on this for a couple days, but I've got most of the dialogue from both New Bark Town and Cherrygrove City already translated. Adding on to that, that's what will make this HGSS translation different from all the other ones out there, the dialogue, including the new text, will be translated. Most recently though, I've been focusing on translating the menus and stuff, which has been going well. For the dialogue, IF the dialogue was the same in HGSS as it was in the original GSC, I will translate it the same way it was translated in GSC with a few updates(For instance, PROF. is now Professor and important items are no longer all caps). The new dialogue will be translated as well. Here are a couple screenies showing off what's been done...

New screens:

hgss6-1.jpg

hgss6-2.jpg

hgss6-3.jpg

hgss6-4.jpg

hgss6-5.jpg

hgss6-6.jpg

hgss6-7.jpg

hgss6-8.jpg

hgss6-9.jpg

hgss6-10.jpg

Progress Videos:

The dialogue in Elm's Lab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4ai0KqtJQ

Some dialogue from Route 29 NPC's and Cherrygrove:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVposKhONGI

Old Screenies:
Old screens....

hgss5-1.jpg

hgss5-2.jpg

hgss5-3.jpg

hgss5-4.jpg

hgss5-5.jpg

hgss5-6.jpg

hgss5-7.jpg

hgss5-8.jpg

hgss5-9.jpg

hgss5-10.jpg

hgss5-11.jpg

hgss5-12.jpg
Now THAT was a useful post.

Bluepaperfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This brings back some memories of the original GBC Gold cartridge in 1999, waiting for a talented linguist and hacker to provide a decent translation before european and american release!

Glad to see that activity is still alive and well. More power to your elbow sir!

- Matt

Hotzdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
India
man the new screens look awesome, i have a request people will the other please refrain from putting the screens (except the author of course) in their posts coz it takes a hell of a long time to go to scroll down and when you see that they have written probably 1 or 2 words its frustrating..

Falker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
hiho, there is a problem with the dialogue in the new screens, when you talk to the old woman she says Falker, and the gym leader is Falkner, I'm Falker D:

Mund14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you think that it is finished?

and another question:can you tell me how i can make my own translation?
i've already unpacked the nds file and there are lots of bin and narc files....
please tell me your information about translating...

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
When you think that it is finished?

well he said he would be able to release the beta in a couple of days a couple of days ago.seeing that he was not able to do it in his estimated time, it seems that there is a lot more text than he realized.but we shouldn't rush him.take all the time you need magnius and best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...