Madden Cover Winner: A Nobody.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
hillis_madden_12_screenshot_2_640x360_16x9.jpg
Somebody named Peyton Hillis just won the Madden 2012 cover contest (voted by fans) over Micheal Vick. Hillis hasn't even been to a Pro-Bowl.

I guess this is an appropriate cover athlete for a season that might not even exist due to the owner's lockout. A nobody for a no-season. Please to discuss.

Source

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Breaking news: People still care about Madden and whose on the cover of it.

I still don't think Michael Vick deserves as much attention as he gets. I don't really care how well he can play football, the guy's still a jack off.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another Madden? When will it just die? Even Dynasty Warriors adds more content each generation (including the time when they didn't give a crap about the consumer).

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously he is not a nobody.

He might be a nobody to a random fan on the street but this guy was definetly the browns best player and this is coming from a falcons fan who got smoked by him.

The reason he has no pro bowls is he was rotting away on the bench before this season.Believe me he is the real deal.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
OP
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Obviously he is not a nobody.

He might be a nobody to a random fan on the street but this guy was definetly the browns best player and this is coming from a falcons fan who got smoked by him.

The reason he has no pro bowls is he was rotting away on the bench before this season.Believe me he is the real deal.
Alright, 4.4yds. per carry is very good, but I still don't see how he beat everybody else. There were higher profile players with better seasons than Hillis.
I guess I need to watch this guy more (If Browns games ever get televised
tongue.gif
).

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:

I still don't think Michael Vick deserves as much attention as he gets. I don't really care how well he can play football, the guy's still a jack off.
If it was Lebron James on the cover of an NBA game, would you still say the same thing after all the shit he has pulled in the NBA last year with the Cavaliers.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

If it was Lebron James on the cover of an NBA game, would you still say the same thing after all the shit he has pulled in the NBA last year with the Cavaliers.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about here or what MV did.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
ball2012003 said:
InuYasha said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Should have been Vick.

Vick was already on the cover in 2004...
You mean 2003.
No... I'm pretty sure that says 2004...

The game might have been RELEASED in 2003, but the game is "2004".

The game came out in 2003. I think he meant "in" as in the year, not the game year.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this was most likely a joke. and a funny one at that. put the worst player in the league on the cover. i wish it was somebody from the lions.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm Isn't there still a "Madden Curse" going on where once the player gets on the cover him and his team start to play worse than the previous year? If so isn't it better to put a nobody on the cover from a team that doesn't do much anyway?

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
InuYasha said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Should have been Vick.
Vick was already on the cover in 2004...

So? He had one hell of a year. There's no rule that says "if you're on it once, you're never on it again."

Doing what he did it was obvious that vick wasn't gone to win,alot of people havn't forgiven him and some never will,I know a bunch of eagles fans that stopped watching there team all together once he signed in philly...

JasmineJewelThie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
this was most likely a joke. and a funny one at that. put the worst player in the league on the cover. i wish it was somebody from the lions.
I agree with you Vash it should have been Calvin Johnson hes a friggin beast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...