Mac mini to Wii U

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Heatran5400, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Heatran5400
    OP

Heatran5400 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2013
    United States
    So suppose I want to connect my wii U to a Mac mini through the hdmi port while the Mac mini is connect to a display through either FireWire or mini display. Would I be able to play my games on the display? Or it just isn't compatible? Thanks.
    If there was a thread like this previously, sorry!

2. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    Sounds like it could work ... there might be a little lag, though, in the image you see on the display.

EDIT : I'm no Mac user either ... but \/ Essometer makes a good point.

3. Essometer

Essometer Needs data

Oct 22, 2010
    Germany
    Enger
    I'm not a Mac person but I can't imagine that the Mac Mini
    has a HDMI in port.
    Those HDMI port are out only.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    For that you would need a USB capture card with component or HDMI in, like the Hauppauge HDPVR (first or the second one, both will work but I believe only 2 has HDMI)

5. Heatran5400
    OP

Heatran5400 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2013
    United States
    OK. seems like that won't work. If you could help once more, what if I use a lighting display. I found a mini displayport female to mini displayport female adapter and a mini displayport to hdmi online. before buying, I would like to know if that would work.

I don't have the money to buy a capture card. I am using some points I have to buy stuff (around $10).:lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice