M3i Zero asking for a Slot 2?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Littlenightmare, Dec 8, 2009.

Dec 8, 2009
  1. Littlenightmare
    OP

Newcomer Littlenightmare Newbie

United States
    I just got my M3i Zero, set everything up like I did with my old M3. But every time I try to start game., it does not let me start it? I press every button on the DSi, and nothing, and then when I get it to start, it just shows me a 'Cant find Slot 2' or DLDI Compatible.

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Just a couple of questions
    - When you switch on DSi - do you see the Danny Phantom icon (in place of the usual M3 icon) ?
    If not - then I guess you haven't used the M3i Zero Core data file V1.4

- If you are getting the 'Danny phantom' icon, when you start the M3i0 do you see flash up (white text on black background) 'NDS Slot-2' with DS real Logo in bottom right corner, on the bottom screen ?? & then you end up with 2-white screens
    If so - it seems that possibly your button is stuck in - as this happens if you press while the M3i0 is booting up

3. Littlenightmare
    OP

United States
    Yes, I do get the 'Danny phantom' icon, but, I dont get the 'NDS Slot-2' thing when I see the DS real Logo in bottom right corner...

4. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    That's a good thing - it means your button is not stuck in

So the next question is - what happens next?
    Have a look at this video @ around 3:30 to see how it should boot up the first time you run the card (just ignore the M3 icon bit - that's for Pre 1.4x DSi firmware) & let us know what's missing (or where the 'Slot-2' message pops up) it might give a better idea to what the problem is

Incidentally - if you don't get the bootup as shown then it's possible you may not of installed the 'System' folder correctly - which version have you installed ??
    (you can get the latest version from GBATemp FileTrip)

5. Littlenightmare
    OP

United States
    Okay, I don't get the the White screen bit, When I first put it in, I did pick a select what language part and that's all, I did not get the part before that, that he pressed a button (I did not see well what it was on the video)

6. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    I'm guessing 'the white bit' you're talking about is this >[​IMG]

What you should really see is something like this >>>>>[​IMG]

But this only appears if you've just installed the SYSTEM folder for the first time OR if you press (& hold) [A], after pressing [A] on the 'Johnny Phantom' icon to boot up

> He then selects 'M3Sakura' (the one on the left) as his preferred game/file launcher
    > After this you should get a 'DiskCheck' message (~3:43 on the video) on the bottom screen (you should also get the Pink 'Sakura' animation on the top screen)
    -- unless you've DEselected the 'Always run DISKCHECK on booting' option on the next screen (the same one you choose the language on)
    > After clicking on [OK] you then should get into the Sakura file selector (in pink) - which if you haven't put anything else onto your memory card should only show the SYSTEM folder

At which point do you get the 'Cant find Slot 2' or DLDI Compatible message ?
    If it's happening on the diskcheck screen - then I suggest you look at This post under the title 'How to Disable Sakura's DiskCheck on your PC' & see if that helps

If it's the possiblity of a corrupt file/sav (whatever) the link in the above mentioned post under 'Follow these steps' (for corrupt files) point to the wrong place - these are the instructions