skorpien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I hope this isn't an obvious question (I've searched with no luck) but I'm wondering if any of you would be able to help.

I have an M3i Zero (pre GMP-Z003) and an EZ-Flash V 3 in 1 slot 2 card.

I used to be able to set the rumble feature on the EZ-Flash and be able to use it with my NDS games that support it. It was a while ago so I'm unsure what exactly I did to get it to work, but I think it was fairly easy.

A few years have passed since then, and I've had to reformat my SD card and load the system onto it again. Now when I go into the 3-in-1 expansion pack program (3in1_ExpPack_Tool) I can't switch the mode to rumble. Only PS-RAM and NOR are available.

I have tried this with the M3 Real and M3 Sakura with no luck.

I have downloaded GBA ExpLoader (latest version) and tried that as well. It will allow me to switch to the rumble feature, but when I press A to confirm and soft-reset, it hangs.

I've tried to press X in Sakura to bring up the options to enable soft-reset on the GBA ExpLoader NDS file, but that also results in my card hanging.

I'm at a loss. Not sure what I need to do. I'm SURE I had this working previously, so I'm thinking there must be a way to do it that I'm forgetting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica

skorpien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks so much for the link and search advice. I'll be sure to give it a thorough read.

Edit: I tried downloading and patching the GBA ExpLoader file linked in that thread. The patch made it able to run, and it would allow me to navigate to the rumble feature, but when I pressed A to select and reset, it hangs.

I've tried an alternate method mentioned (gbaldr) but all of the download links are dead...

skorpien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There doesn't seem to be anything that works. I've search the entire download section for M3i with no luck. There are plenty of 3in1 utilities that give me the option to choose the rumble feature but they all seem to get stuck on the soft reset part. There is even one that simply states "Soft reset is invalid" and refuses to load.

I know I can enable soft reset on a per-game basis, though I can't find any way to do so globally. Each NDS game ROM has the option in M3 Sakura to turn on soft reset, but when I try to access the options screen to enable soft reset on the 3in1 utility (any one) the top screen goes black and it freezes.

Thank you for your help how_do_i_do_that, it's really appreciated. I feel like I'm being a bother and the M3i Zero isn't the most capable (or really liked) card out there. I'll just do without the rumble feature, or if I really want it later I can purchase a card that will work with it.

Edit: I found a standalone rumble patcher and was able to patch the NDS ROM to enable rumble! It took a bit of searching but I was able to find a live link online and it's working perfectly :) I don't mind patching each game separately. Plus this has the added benefit of always having it enabled and not having to enable the rumble feature every time I want to use it before launching the game.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3in1 is loaderless, that means you can't use alot of the features like softreset etc that you can find on a full gba flashcart. Your limited to the save patching and a few fix patches.

The M3 group took a bad turn for the worse when they sent a C&D to a homebrew dev a few years back, it went downhill for them pretty fast after that.

If you got the link to the standalone rumble patch, I would like to get it so I can update most of the links. Also tell me what 3in1 do you have to get that patch working.

skorpien

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, they really shot themselves in the foot with the whole Rudolph incident. Really foolish move on their part...

I'm fairly certain I have the EZ5C11. I wasn't able to physically open it to confirm, but I was able to make out a large(ish) four digit number printed on the PCB right below the battery, and of the four models listed in the link you provided only the EZ5C11 matches that.

I'll PM you the link. I'm not sure as to rules on posting links in here, so I hope you don't mind.

Edit: You have PMs turned off... And I think the no posting links rule applies to only the ROMs themselves...
http://www.hacken.cc/useful/NDS_Software/EZ5/3in1/3in1_rumble_patcher.zip

I got it from this page:
http://www.ezflash.cn/discuz/archiver/?tid-5737.html

But as it's in Chinese, I figured I'd share the direct link.

Edit 2: I ended up taking mine apart and can confirm that it is indeed the EZ5C11 version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu