XP
Country
Afghanistan
[EDIT]
D'oh, great:
iamanobody said:
OK, i'm back
smile.gif
this thread is for REVERSE ENGINEERING/HACKING of m3 sakura 1.12 (not for discussion/questions/etc.) i'll try to post information when possible. if you have something related to REVERSE ENGINEERING, please post it here. please leave questions/comments out of this thread to avoid clutter. i've just downloaded the new version and i need to look at it. it may take longer this time because i have school/life

EDIT: main thing hacked, working on loaders
Could some mod maybe move this question to its own topic? Somehow I managed to overread that "not for discussion/questions/etc" part in the first post...
[/EDIT]

I've just tried this DLDI Sakura:
Normmatt said:
Joe88 said:
QUOTE(SeaofTea @ Oct 15 2008, 11:04 PM) Any chance a dldi ver might be coming out? Wish I knew more about coding, I would try and do it myself.
it was banned by the m3 team after Rodolph was trying to do that and get a letter from them saying legal action would be taken unless he stopped
I made a DLDI version of it the day it was released, isnt too hard either I'd make a program too do it yourself but i'm too lazy
tongue.gif

here ya go Just extract that along with the hacked english release from the first page to your cart and it should work fine, although not sure if homebrew will work.
with Sakura Unofficial Fully Translated Hacked English v1.12+1 to play DPGs on my Acekard 2.1. And something doesn't seem to work quite right. Is it normal that it looks like there's some kind of "filter" over the picture? Compared with Moonshell DPG playback it looks like there's some kind of "grid" over the screen. There are also *much* more block artefacts visible. I thought DPG playback was improved in the Sakura firmware, wasn't it? Is there something wrong with my setup? Are there any options to improve the picture that I haven't found yet? Because the way it looks right now Moonshell is miles ahead of Sakura in terms of DPG playback.

Sakura has much faster load and search times, though - but this doesn't compensate for the loss of image quality, IMHO.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
that grid is normal.
the block artifacts are your compression.

the grid is to prevent rough "edges" in the middle of gradients.
i had some example images somewhere, but i can't find them right now.

edit: found
moviechartos1.jpg

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Ah, so I assume that grid is some kind of dithering. Yeah, on a second thought there actually were less blocks in areas with similar colors. Still, I think this is kind of distracting, as it makes the picture blurry.

This doesn't explain the occurance of those block artefacts, though - those aren't compression artefacts, they are clearly introduced by Sakura, as they aren't visible in Moonshell.

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never notice artifacts like you describe, and the newest Sakura has fixed a bug when the last few seconds of a vid got cut off. So it now looks wonderful from my perspective.

I've found that using a different compressor for dpg files (and different settings) can screw up on some players and not others. I currently use batchdpg with the high quality settings suggested in a thread on this site, so I can verify that works well with Sakura.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7