Hacking M3 real not reading the GBA pak

KaiserDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says the M3 Real is saying that the GBA slot2 device isnt there.
I believe it is just a random defect, but other might have had this issue too. If so what was your solution.
Kickgaming is willing to exchange it for another GBA pak(so I can can keep the Real itself with me, which is really nice)They also replied to me within 15mins a giant thumbs up there.

I tried using 2.5beta 2.7 and 2.7d none of which helped.(all downloaded from here, especially since the m3 site has reached its limit. tried Tetris world and Mario Advanced 4(SMB3) both usa.

Also there is a scratch on the sticker label about half way down, and the screw in the back fell out, though it still holds together fine.

I believe the problem is with the board, the "teeth" dont come down as far as a normal cart or as far as the rumble cart, and so leaving a bit of unused board below them. Looking at the m3 real review The teeth on that one seem the right length so again I believe it is a random defect, just thought I let everyone here know in case they have the same problem and also to let the m3/g6 team know since they come here.

Edit: The Real is able to play normal GBA games which also points to the pak.
2ndEdit: Other than that I love it. Nice graphics. Easier to get started(just moving the system folder) Rumble for the second I felt it was nice(I dont have any supported games so I only felt the split second rumble at start up. It even has a power saving mode if you leave it alone for a moment(I guess like a DS open sleep mode, only in the menu though)
so I give it a 7or8 of 10 would be 8-9 but I havnt tested the GBA pak so that other point will come later.

KaiserDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"huh?"

I can boot a GBA game from its original cart. So the real is able to read the slot 2, but it cant read the GBA pak that enables it to play GBA games from itself.

KaiserDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the DS is able to register it. So i guess the card teeth are fine then. But the M3 real still doesnt. Gonna go ahead and try system 2.8 and see if that helps. And 2.8 is a no.

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think this is a software problem. The GBA expansion works perfectly untill you load a GBA game or a GBA homebrew program. After that it wont get detected anymore until you either re-plug it in or use the slot2 reboot feature (the upper right button in the m3 main menu).

So basically you have to reset the GBA expansion every time you want to load a new GBA game. That's at least how it works for me.

KaiserDragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has never loaded a game at all, homebrew or Nintendo licensed.

Sent it back so maybe I will get another in a month.... sigh this is probably the biggest downside to internet shopping, defective stuff takes forever to sort.

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i have the exact same problem on my m3 real. I tried to boot the slot 2 from the m3 it didin't make it work either
frown.gif
if anyone knows of a fix for this please let me know

endersgame

Trophies
Website
www.mrfixitonline.com
XP
Country
United States
other people have had the same problem and fixed it by charging the ds completely with the gba expansion pack inserted. This solution did not work for me, though. I contacted kick gaming and they did a speedy exchange. The new card they sent me works perfectly
smile.gif

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have to correct my above statement, my GBA Expansion works at a random base. Sometimes it gets detected, sometimes not. I'll send mine back, too. Great, this will take at least a month, German internetshops are far away from being professional.

EDIT:

BTW: Is there perhaps something wrong with the Tokio Trim Tool? I'm using it to trim GBA roms and directly write them to my GBA folder on the card. Could it be that a trimmed ROM somehow disturbs the RAM pack?

The really strange thing is, that my GBA pak gets detected every time when it has to save the savegame from SRAM to the card, but if I want to run a GBA game directly afterwards (without restarting the DS) it tells me in 70% of all cases, that I don't have a GBA card in Slot 2. When I reset my DS afterwards it will work again in 70% of all cases.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    at all
    like i searched all folders
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    are you using haxchi, tiramisu or aroma?
    yeah
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    no, I'm asking which one of them you are using
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition +1