M3 DS Real & GBA

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by diablo02, Feb 8, 2008.

Feb 8, 2008

M3 DS Real & GBA by diablo02 at 7:43 AM (1,499 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. diablo02
    OP

Newcomer diablo02 Newbie

United States
    Hello all, i'm very new to this forum, but a long-time admirer.

I have an M3 Lite as my current Slot 2 device, because I love to play GBA games. Problem is, it sucks; it freezes a lot booting up so i'm about to get rid of it.

QUESTIONS:

- Now, I want to buy an M3 Real. I believe that the new M3 Real "Perfect Bundle" actually brings a new GBA expansion card to play GBA games on it... Is this true? hopefully i will have better luck with this one.

- If so, has anyone had a good experience launching AND saving GBA games with it? (meaning, not having your SAVES erase, not freezing while booting up, etc.)

- Are GBA ROMS stored on the Slot1 side (in the SD card that the m3 Real uses), or what? Or does the GBA expansion HAVE to use a separate Mini SD card for GBA ROMS?

Like I said, my current M3 Lite Slot2 device freezes constantly while booting up, so i just want to make sure that this new "GBA expansion" device that comes with M3 Real launches without freezing (giving me blank screens, etc), AND brings me a better GBA playing experience.

When these questions are answered, I will purchase my M3 REAL.
    Thank you very much!

2. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    It should (did for me), unless you're very unlucky and get a defective unit. Get it from a reliable seller so you can get replacement if yours do happen to be.

3. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yep thats about right , but some folks are haveing save problems with some gba games . But i also have a M3Lite that started freezeing on boot. So when i got to my first GBA game that wouldn't save I put in my M3lite without a micro SD card and my save started working. Now I usually use it..

4. naes

Member naes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The GBA compatibility has been perfect for me so far FWIW. Only problem is that some trimmed ROMs don't seem to work right, so make sure to use untrimmed ROMs.

5. diablo02
    OP

Newcomer diablo02 Newbie

United States
    Guys, you are truly the best. Thank you very much for:

Being straight to the point with my questions, not just beating around the bush.
    Also, this site seems very friendly, unlike most others that are mostly made up of people flaming each other... even if the questions are logical.

Again, THANK YOU!

- Diablo

6. diablo02
    OP

Newcomer diablo02 Newbie

United States
    By the way, guys, I don't suppose this GBA Exp. cart works with an M3 Simply, does it? (to my knowledge, it only works on M3 Real, correct me if im wrong.)

Can one also play old GB & Game Boy Color games on this? I know the M3 Lite is capable of this, but don't know about this one..

Thanks!

7. lilaznkilla

Member lilaznkilla GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I dont think the GBA expansion pack will for a M3 Simply. For GB/GBC emulation use a slot 1 emulation like lameboy.

8. diablo02
    OP

Newcomer diablo02 Newbie

United States
    Thanks once again, I appreciated it!