Hacking M3 DS Real & GBA

diablo02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, i'm very new to this forum, but a long-time admirer.

I have an M3 Lite as my current Slot 2 device, because I love to play GBA games. Problem is, it sucks; it freezes a lot booting up so i'm about to get rid of it.

QUESTIONS:

- Now, I want to buy an M3 Real. I believe that the new M3 Real "Perfect Bundle" actually brings a new GBA expansion card to play GBA games on it... Is this true? hopefully i will have better luck with this one.

- If so, has anyone had a good experience launching AND saving GBA games with it? (meaning, not having your SAVES erase, not freezing while booting up, etc.)

- Are GBA ROMS stored on the Slot1 side (in the SD card that the m3 Real uses), or what? Or does the GBA expansion HAVE to use a separate Mini SD card for GBA ROMS?

Like I said, my current M3 Lite Slot2 device freezes constantly while booting up, so i just want to make sure that this new "GBA expansion" device that comes with M3 Real launches without freezing (giving me blank screens, etc), AND brings me a better GBA playing experience.

When these questions are answered, I will purchase my M3 REAL.
Thank you very much!

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
- Now, I want to buy an M3 Real. I believe that the new M3 Real "Perfect Bundle" actually brings a new GBA expansion card to play GBA games on it... Is this true? hopefully i will have better luck with this one.

Yep. You also get a rumble pack. I've never used that though. Make sure the thing you order come with both a rumble pack and a RAM pack and not just a rumble pack.

QUOTE said:
- If so, has anyone had a good experience launching AND saving GBA games with it? (meaning, not having your SAVES erase, not freezing while booting up, etc.)

Mine have been perfect, but then I've only played 3 or 4 GBA games so I'm not exactly a testament to it reliability, but I haven't heard of any problems so far.

QUOTE said:
- Are GBA ROMS stored on the Slot1 side (in the SD card that the m3 Real uses), or what? Or does the GBA expansion HAVE to use a separate Mini SD card for GBA ROMS?

Everything is stored on one SD card in the S-1 device. The GBA pack only has RAM.

Like I said, my current M3 Lite Slot2 device freezes constantly while booting up, so i just want to make sure that this new "GBA expansion" device that comes with M3 Real launches without freezing (giving me blank screens, etc), AND brings me a better GBA playing experience.

It should (did for me), unless you're very unlucky and get a defective unit. Get it from a reliable seller so you can get replacement if yours do happen to be.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yep thats about right , but some folks are haveing save problems with some gba games . But i also have a M3Lite that started freezeing on boot. So when i got to my first GBA game that wouldn't save I put in my M3lite without a micro SD card and my save started working. Now I usually use it..

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The GBA compatibility has been perfect for me so far FWIW. Only problem is that some trimmed ROMs don't seem to work right, so make sure to use untrimmed ROMs.

diablo02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, you are truly the best. Thank you very much for:

Being straight to the point with my questions, not just beating around the bush.
Also, this site seems very friendly, unlike most others that are mostly made up of people flaming each other... even if the questions are logical.

Again, THANK YOU!

- Diablo

diablo02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, guys, I don't suppose this GBA Exp. cart works with an M3 Simply, does it? (to my knowledge, it only works on M3 Real, correct me if im wrong.)

Can one also play old GB & Game Boy Color games on this? I know the M3 Lite is capable of this, but don't know about this one..

Thanks!

lilaznkilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I dont think the GBA expansion pack will for a M3 Simply. For GB/GBC emulation use a slot 1 emulation like lameboy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1