Hacking M3 branded micro SD card reader...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So,

...for the life of me I don't know how to get the micro SD card reader that comes with M3i Zero to work...

...I mean, where do I stick in the micro SD card? Does the blue cap thing come off or...

...am I missing something?

Thanks!

FlashX007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder that too I recently got a M3i Zero as well and I do not know how to use that either. Mine came pre-patched so I don't need to upgrade it's core.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
best option is to throw the reader away.
those readers are often unreliable, and the more recent ones often have a badly done casing which due to very common factory defects have a too small hole for the microSD.

other methods which may damage either the reader or microSD are to just push a microSD in untill it goes in, or to cut the edges of the hole a little more open with a pocket knife.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah!

Excellent! Thank you for your help... I have another micro SD reader I use, but I wondered how on earth the M3 one was supposed to work...

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My god people...as easy as slide in your micro sd into the ONLY tiny slot on the card reader !!!YEP, the slot by the way is too tight.So either you force slide in your micro sd (don't break your micro sd tho
tongue.gif
) or you have to trim off the tiny little slot to make it bigger ...and the card reader itself is very good TBH.I use it everyday without a single problem.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
al5911 said:
My god people...as easy as slide in your micro sd into the ONLY tiny slot on the card reader !!!YEP, the slot by the way is too tight.So either you force slide in your micro sd (don't break your micro sd tho
tongue.gif
) or you have to trim off the tiny little slot to make it bigger ...and the card reader itself is very good TBH.I use it everyday without a single problem.
i prefer to wait for a little more good experiences.
in the past it happened too that some people had no problems at all, while others had the readers die on them.
the reader that came with my m3real(about 2 years ago i think) died on me within the 1st week, and almost took my microSD with it.
only my phone could format it, windows froze when i inserted it.

nilly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OMG! This thread is amazing, im laughing and loling my ass off..
smile.gif
smile.gif
i just can't belive this isnt a april foolsday prank.. omg still laughing..

BTW Those small nifty readers work like pro, i have two, as i have two m3i's, both works great, i recommend using them, the size is practical to.

L551

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the MSD slot is really tight I thought I was going to break it.

Curiously, it has the same shape as a SanDisk reader, so I thought it was just a rebranded SanDisk one.

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
reminds me off my old r4 reader..it was defected (as in really tight and pushing hard was required) and it would scratch the side with the memory capacity size written on it.

nilly

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anaxs said:
you put it in the blue lid thingy, but my brother never got his to wrok, its all plastic and bootleggedy -.-

Don't call it a lid, these people will start popping lids on this things, everything is gonna go haywire! trying to open the lid with knifes and forks, probably ending up trying to open it with a gun.

I say its good shizt! thums up. low cost good value works like a charm (and i got 2x to)

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I had bought an m3 real for my gf and it came with one of these pieces of junk, the second time I used it the plastic inside keeping the card from going past the contacts on the reader broke and you had to mess with it to get it in the exact position for it to read. Luckily I had two other m3 reals previously which came with the good old black brick card readers which have been going strong for almost 2 years with no problems. My suggestion is do not use the little garbage m3 branded readers and instead if your card did come with one, throw it away and buy a decent reader for $2 online.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
All I had to do to make mine work was to put SLIGHT force on the bottom of the SD card. then it will bypass the crappily molded lip that everyone is having trouble getting past.

bluejays

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i bought my m3izero the slot where the m3 branded usb thing was supposed to be didnt have it and instead o had the black brick shaped one =). Easy slide easy use easy to put cap on sleek and black.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission