Hacking Hardware Getting a new micro sd card for an already modded switch.

Bunky0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, Recently the SD card I use for my modded switch broke. It snapped in two after getting stuck in a micro sd card reader. I already bought a new micro sd, and a better reader. My question is if I could just get the new Micro sd card, format it, and just put all the content from a "SDSetup" folder I used before into it and run it from there. Or would I just need to restart it all. Thank you.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
It depends whether you use an emummc or not.
If you are not using an emummc, then it's indeed just putting those files on the SD card and you are ready to go.
If you want to use an emummc, then you need to set it up first.
There are 2 flavors : use an image file or a special partition.
Your files from the SDSetup folder might already contain config files that assume you have set up an emummc.
Just read the documentation and decide how you want to use your Switch.
It was working with the previous sd card so if it doesn't with this new one, then you missed some step in the process.
If you were still using the Switch with an XCuter modchip, then you need to do some digging on the forum how to set that up.
Those modchips need some special files.

Reactions: Bunky0

Bunky0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a chance I may be able to salvage the old mirco sd. If I could I'm assuming that would just be drag and drop.

Also I do see a emummc.kipm in the SDetup/sd/bootloader/sys. So perhaps I did set that before. I did this earlier this year and I completely forgot what I did. Also its a release switch. So there is no modchip.
Thank you for the response, I'll have to wait for the new sd reader to come in for me to test it all.

Bunky0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an update for anybody still looking at this post. My old SD is dead. It won't be read at all. The new SD card I got reformatted it, and I've tried to just drag and drop the old files into it. and no luck. Hekate works, however when ever I try to launch fusee through payload, or atmosphere cfw. I simply get error code 2001-0123(0xf601). I remember getting this error before(unless its just a generic error code), but I don't remember what I did to fix it. I also tried installing sigmapatches including just dragging and dropping there AIO folder. Still no luck, but any tips I'd appreciate. I'll try to work on it more later.
Post automatically merged:

I have an update for anybody still looking at this post. My old SD is dead. It won't be read at all. The new SD card I got reformatted it, and I've tried to just drag and drop the old files into it. and no luck. Hekate works, however when ever I try to launch fusee through payload, or atmosphere cfw. I simply get error code 2001-0123(0xf601). I remember getting this error before(unless its just a generic error code), but I don't remember what I did to fix it. I also tried installing sigmapatches including just dragging and dropping there AIO folder. Still no luck, but any tips I'd appreciate. I'll try to work on it more later.
Also the error code is 420000000007E51A so from what I read has something to do with nx-ovlloader
Post automatically merged:

I got it to work by just putting the new files in the new sd card, and to get rid of the error I simply deleted /switch/.overlays/ovlmenu.ovl and the other ovl file. It now works!

Last edited by Bunky0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto