Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/ only server in existence that auto builds nightlys

I'm well aware of that, but TBH I don't really like the implementation. It's basically a script who pulls and build if there's a change.
While I appreciate the work of @astronautlevel and love his site, a real CI tool would be a much more "cleaner" way to handle this as it's specialized in this kind of tasks.

Mdes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Luma on my EmuNAND does not launch NDS Games, my 3DS shuts down. I tried using the TWL and AGB Patches, but It's still not working.

ShadowSgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so very new to all of this. I've modded my Wii years ago and my Xbox but haven't never learned much about the 3ds. I have 2 3ds's that i bought my kids for Chrismas they are both on the 11.2.0-35 U firmware. Can Luma3ds be installed on these or do I have to downgrade the firmware? Both of the 3ds's came out of the box brand new with this firmware loaded already. So looking forward to hearing back from you guys and thank you in advance.

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, Jenkins is now up with Luma3DS. I just need to purchase one more domain (as I don't really want to expose my Jenkins users to everyone), configure auto-upload and it'll be up.

Expect other projects soon such as Corbenik.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok so very new to all of this. I've modded my Wii years ago and my Xbox but haven't never learned much about the 3ds. I have 2 3ds's that i bought my kids for Chrismas they are both on the 11.2.0-35 U firmware. Can Luma3ds be installed on these or do I have to downgrade the firmware? Both of the 3ds's came out of the box brand new with this firmware loaded already. So looking forward to hearing back from you guys and thank you in advance.
Here's the guide: https://3ds.guide/
You need an arm9 exploit to use cfw, so downgrade needed. Just follow the guide.

Plochan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
hi all,
Im on latest Luma3ds

few months ago, on previous version, I was able to play GBA games. Today when I try any GBA game my 3ds powers down. Only thing that is different from then is a newer Luma version.
I already downloaded clean N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia (as noted in FAQ) but FBI shows me Install failed on both of them.

please help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe it will help somebody.
in Luma options i disabled "show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM" and now everything works again.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi all,
Im on latest Luma3ds

few months ago, on previous version, I was able to play GBA games. Today when I try any GBA game my 3ds powers down. Only thing that is different from then is a newer Luma version.
I already downloaded clean N3DS AGB.cia and N3DS TWL.cia (as noted in FAQ) but FBI shows me Install failed on both of them.

please help.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

maybe it will help somebody.
in Luma options i disabled "show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM" and now everything works again.
Else, on the wiki of Luma3DS: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...-get-an-auto-shutdown-with-gbadsdsiware-games
Maybe it cans fix your issue, and you can keep the show gba boot screen feature activated.

azlantlion

Trophies
XP
Country
Luma on my EmuNAND does not launch NDS Games, my 3DS shuts down. I tried using the TWL and AGB Patches, but It's still not working.
Im having the same issue. Using genuine nds carts or my r4 card both dont work. it says an error has occured. Hold down power button to turn off power, then turn on and try again.
Im running latest luma version 6.6 and firmware 11.1.0-34E
Is this a known issue? Any help appreciated.

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
Im having the same issue. Using genuine nds carts or my r4 card both dont work. it says an error has occured. Hold down power button to turn off power, then turn on and try again.
Im running latest luma version 6.6 and firmware 11.1.0-34E
Is this a known issue? Any help appreciated.

Have you tried a slot 1 launcher or using a patch to allow old r4 carts to boot if it is a old one?

minexew

ayy lmao
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 9.2 EUR with latest Luma3DS. What advantages & disadvantages would updating to 11.2 have?
What I'm mostly concerned with is:
- Would kernel hax still work thanks to a9lh?
- Could I easily revert back to 9.2 without losing savegames?

Thanks a lot.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 9.2 EUR with latest Luma3DS. What advantages & disadvantages would updating to 11.2 have?
What I'm mostly concerned with is:
- Would kernel hax still work thanks to a9lh?
- Could I easily revert back to 9.2 without losing savegames?

Thanks a lot.
If u go a9lh there so no reason ever to go back to 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan