Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe try homebrew launcher loader.cia? or maybe an old fbi 1.4 install would work?
Never mind, I found a solution already. The boot.3dsx was missing, and I had to copy the downloaded to the MicroSD card that I got from someone else who provided it in a different thread.

Reactions: naddel81

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey gang, I've been using Luma ( It auto boots into CFW) for a time and i saw some where that before i update the 3ds firmware i have to update Luma first. So my question is what file do i need and where do i need to put said file on my SD card. Thank you for the help.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey gang, I've been using Luma ( It auto boots into CFW) for a time and i saw some where that before i update the 3ds firmware i have to update Luma first. So my question is what file do i need and where do i need to put said file on my SD card. Thank you for the help.

Just download the latest release of this https://github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases and once that's set up, update to the latest hourly through that app. Then you can update the 3DS firmware.

phantomeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
I turn the Nintendo 3ds on, I see Luma splash screen (can boot in Luma conf, and hourglass), but nand does not want to boot. I even tried backups, same thing). If i take the SD out 3ds turns off right away (which means its not bricked).

Im running out of ideas. Anyy help would be appreciated!

I don't remember doing anything. I did try to update days before, but the console had been restarted many times since then.

EDIT: I even tried older LUMA versions, so I think the issue is not in luma, but elsewhere?

Last edited by phantomeye,

ijoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi,

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?
My 3ds suddenly only boot to black screen
I can access the Luma Config, hourglass
Tried to update the A9lh (I used the v1 before) and it's success (it shows success message)

But, still I can only boot to black screen, tried to take out the SD Card and it's also boot to black screen with blue light on

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

Can anyone help me to resolve this issue?
My 3ds suddenly only boot to black screen
I can access the Luma Config, hourglass
Tried to update the A9lh (I used the v1 before) and it's success (it shows success message)

But, still I can only boot to black screen, tried to take out the SD Card and it's also boot to black screen with blue light on

Do you have anything in your cartridge-slot? :o

mikeabbo10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, im struggling with a o3ds that has been updated to 9.9.0-8e by cartridge, so has no browser.
Any thoughts?

Beannyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me as I keep going around in circles with trying to figure it out.
I'm looking into purchasing a PAL N3DS (which is already loaded with A9LA and Luma and stuff) but my old console is an NTSC.

My questions are as follows:
Am I able to load up my NTSC cartridges that I already own?
Or, if I decided to somehow manage to sell off my NTSC O3DS, is there a way to extract the saves to be able to use on the N3DS, and if so, what would be the steps to do this?
I do not believe that the console is hardmodded, I don't know if that helps with answering or not.

The person I've been in contact with is confusing me as they're not entirely sure themselves as they've never been asked this and I've been directed here to see if I can find the answer instead. They've said that I could just sell off my old stuff and redownload the games via freeshop(?) but I've spent hours on save files that I really don't want to lose. Things have come a long way since I last looked into even just homebrewing and that was with browserhax, I believe.

Trying to look this stuff up at 4am might not have been the best idea because I've confused myself further :) :) :)

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone can clear this up for me as I keep going around in circles with trying to figure it out.
I'm looking into purchasing a PAL N3DS (which is already loaded with A9LA and Luma and stuff) but my old console is an NTSC.

My questions are as follows:
Am I able to load up my NTSC cartridges that I already own?
Or, if I decided to somehow manage to sell off my NTSC O3DS, is there a way to extract the saves to be able to use on the N3DS, and if so, what would be the steps to do this?
I do not believe that the console is hardmodded, I don't know if that helps with answering or not.

The person I've been in contact with is confusing me as they're not entirely sure themselves as they've never been asked this and I've been directed here to see if I can find the answer instead. They've said that I could just sell off my old stuff and redownload the games via freeshop(?) but I've spent hours on save files that I really don't want to lose. Things have come a long way since I last looked into even just homebrewing and that was with browserhax, I believe.

Trying to look this stuff up at 4am might not have been the best idea because I've confused myself further :) :) :)

This is more appropriate for https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-jks-savemanager-homebrew-cia-save-manager.413143/ so you should ask there. Or check your PM.

Reactions: Beannyo

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Trying to look this stuff up at 4am might not have been the best idea because I've confused myself further :) :)

If you have access to HBL on the O3DS then you can use JKSM to back up the saves. However you should know that most games save the savedata onto the cartridge to begin with so changing consoles does not get rid of the save files. Not all games do this, though. Luma3DS has region-free capabilities so yes, you'd be able to launch them on A9LH+Luma console. However, why would you bother? You could and should indeed download them from the freeShop. They'd be installed onto your SD card and easy to access without messing with cartridges. That would then leave you with some extra money as you could sell all of your cartridges and the extra console.

If you have any of the cartridges used nowadays for HBL entry-point though, you should keep at least one of them for yourself. Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby, Sticker Star, Cubic Ninja and Ocarina of Time to name a few. There are others too, though.

Beannyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have access to HBL on the O3DS then you can use JKSM to back up the saves. However you should know that most games save the savedata onto the cartridge to begin with so changing consoles does not get rid of the save files. Not all games do this, though. Luma3DS has region-free capabilities so yes, you'd be able to launch them on A9LH+Luma console. However, why would you bother? You could and should indeed download them from the freeShop. They'd be installed onto your SD card and easy to access without messing with cartridges. That would then leave you with some extra money as you could sell all of your cartridges and the extra console.

If you have any of the cartridges used nowadays for HBL entry-point though, you should keep at least one of them for yourself. Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby, Sticker Star, Cubic Ninja and Ocarina of Time to name a few. There are others too, though.

Thankfully I've been able to clear a lot of it up with the help of Pixelmasher.

I did ended up purchasing the console after one already sold and I didn't want to miss out on the remaining one. Impulsive on my part, maybe, but it's Christmas, right? :P

I don't have access to the HBL on the current firmware, except for having a copy of OoT (and AS) but currently no Powersave. I was only concerned with losing my save data for my eShop purchase of Pokemon Sun but, for the time being, I plan on keeping my O3DS in case I ever decide to invest in the Powersave, if it would even be worth it. Other than that, I will most likely end up selling off my old games that I no longer need/want.

I feel like I royally screwed myself over by getting an out of region console now, but it's served me well for many years. I don't know how popular a US console and it's games would be to the UK market.

Last edited by Beannyo,

ITookYourWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if I post something or whatever but eh
Anyway I wanna play Taiko for DLCs so I tried to press select for the config while accessing the luma and its not working any idea whats happening?

mimi-dono

Trophies
XP
Country
arm9loaderhax is newly released hack. this hack doesn't need internet connection. boot rate is 100%. So, I totally recommend you to install this.
and here is how to install guide.

Please read all the documents first then do it.
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/

but, I'm sure you have 9.0 - 9.2 sysnand so very easy to install a9lh!

Can you help me ? I can't the first three on the list in the instructions and google isn't helping

Last edited by mimi-dono,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you help me ? I can't the first three on the list below and google isn't helping

What you need
I'm not sure if that kind of content is allowed in this forum...
Anyway, you need to install a torrent client in order to use these links.

dark ajax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I apologize in advance if it has been asked several times already, but this thread is humongous, but I have just installed a9lh and Luma3DS CFW using the DSiWare Downgrade, so I started on 11.1.34 and now I'm 9.2.0, is it really safe to update my 3DS firmware (I'm on a New 3DS if that makes any difference, which I think it shouldn't)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: gm chat