Status
Not open for further replies.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menuhax/CtrBootManager into Luma3DS using A9LH yeah, i'm gonna re-install it, let's pray <3

I think that's you're issue. You're using a boot manager, I don't really remember too well, but I know that they mess with games like Smash, Monster Hunter and now Pokemon S&M due to the fact that they need to reboot because they require extra ram, but that only applies towards O3DS users.

Since you have A9LH, you don't even need Menuhax nor CtrBootManager.

Reswob_Meta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh i think I saw something like that ! :o
But how could I remove it, when I delete the files needed my 3DS just freezes on the multi-color pixels screen...
( Sorry, i'm a real noob :c , but i appreciate your help ! c: )

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i think I saw something like that ! :o
But how could I remove it, when I delete the files needed my 3DS just freezes on the multi-color pixels screen...
( Sorry, i'm a real noob :c , but i appreciate your help ! c: )

To get rid of Menuhax, all you have to do is change the theme to a default one. (Do this one first)

To get rid of BootCtr9, delete "arm9loaderhax.bin", "arm9bootloader.bin" and "boot_config" from your SD Card.

After that, where ever your arm9loaderhax.bin payload is (the actual Luma3DS one) drag it back to the root of your SD Card and it should boot up fine.

Reswob_Meta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To get rid of Menuhax, all you have to do is change the theme to a default one. (Do this one first)

To get rid of BootCtr9, delete "arm9loaderhax.bin", "arm9bootloader.bin" and "boot_config" from your SD Card.

After that, where ever your arm9loaderhax.bin payload is (the actual Luma3DS one) drag it back to the root of your SD Card and it should boot up fine.
Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it ! :)
I'm gonna try this when the never-ending installation is done !

Reactions: Posghetti

qweblim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed plailects guide a few weeks back and am currently on 'Sys version 11.1.0-34E'. I was wondering what the steps were to upgrade my cfw to be safe, as I see there is a prompt for a system update on my N3dsXL.

So far, I've used Luma3ds Updater and have updated to v6.5. Is there any other steps/updates I need to do before installing the System software update from Nintendo? Not sure if I need to look into updating A9LH too, or how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by qweblim,

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed plailects guide a few weeks back and am currently on 'Sys version 11.1.0-34E'. I was wondering what the steps were to upgrade my cfw to be safe, as I see there is a prompt for a system update on my N3dsXL.

So far, I've used Luma3ds Updater and have updated to v6.5. Is there any other steps/updates I need to do before installing the System software update from Nintendo? Not sure if I need to look into updating A9LH too, or how to do it.

Thanks in advance!

You don't need to update A9LH, but if you ever wanted too, I wouldn't mind being of assistance.
Anyways, since you have A9LH, you can update straight from System Settings itself, no need to do anything before hand thanks to firm protection :P

Reactions: qweblim

qweblim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't need to update A9LH, but if you ever wanted too, I wouldn't mind being of assistance.
Anyways, since you have A9LH, you can update straight from System Settings itself, no need to do anything before hand thanks to firm protection :P

For my own future reference, why/when would I need to update A9LH?

Thanks again!

r00t09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
so today after over a year not using my 3ds i switched from 9.5 emunand gateway to a9lh and luma, is there a way to boot into sysnand without cfw active to create a rednand through hbl? with luma sysnand emunand9 doesnt work. using the old gateway emunand for now

lil_airplane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, kind of a newbie to this whole thing here. I just recently updated my Luma3ds to the latest version, following the instructions on the wiki. I also updated my emuNAND to the latest firmware with no issues. Before doing all of that, I was able to play Pokemon Moon with no issues, but since doing that, every time I launch the game, my 3ds shuts down after the Nintendo 3ds splash screen. I have screenshots of my SD card root folder if that will help, but I've been googling things all day and I have no idea how to fix this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so today after over a year not using my 3ds i switched from 9.5 emunand gateway to a9lh and luma, is there a way to boot into sysnand without cfw active to create a rednand through hbl? with luma sysnand emunand9 doesnt work. using the old gateway emunand for now

I don't know too much about Gateway, but I know it dosen't play well with A9LH+Luma process. Hopefully someone with Gateway knowledge will slide through and help ya.

r00t09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know too much about Gateway, but I know it dosen't play well with A9LH+Luma process. Hopefully someone with Gateway knowledge will slide through and help ya.
just wanted to know if there is a way to disable luma and enter the normal sysnand :P

Last edited by r00t09,

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wanted to know if there is a way to disable luma and enter the normal sysnand :P

Disable Luma? Not sure about that lol, but if you wanted to go into sysNAND instead of emuNAND, hold "select" and check "Autoboot sysNAND" and you should be golden.

Reswob_Meta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"To get rid of BootCtr9, delete "arm9loaderhax.bin", "arm9bootloader.bin" and "boot_config" from your SD Card."
I dont know if it is the same but i'm using CtrBootManager, and I dont have the arm9bootloader.bin and boot_config and it still boot in it, i'm gonna explore my SD card to find what causes the boot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay so i removed everything with a "menuhax" in the name and booted in sysnand ( I dont care if i have to boot everytime in Luma using the HBlauncher )
Let's try now !

Posghetti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"To get rid of BootCtr9, delete "arm9loaderhax.bin", "arm9bootloader.bin" and "boot_config" from your SD Card."
I dont know if it is the same but i'm using CtrBootManager, and I dont have the arm9bootloader.bin and boot_config and it still boot in it, i'm gonna explore my SD card to find what causes the boot

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay so i removed everything with a "menuhax" in the name and booted in sysnand ( I dont care if i have to boot everytime in Luma using the HBlauncher )
Let's try now !

You shouldn't need to have to boot into Luma from HBL if you have A9LH..

lil_airplane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to fix my problem! I simply replaced the boot.3dsx file on the SD with the one from the newest edition of Luma3ds and set the custom path to arm9loader. Hopefully if anyone else has this issue in the future this will be helpful to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYPwxJQZTNo