GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello :)
I noticed that there is new offical firmware 11.1.0-34, I am on 11.0 33E. Can I just run SystemUpdate from the settings app? Or do I need to first update Luma and then the 3ds`s firmware?
you can.

Reactions: ihatethis

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Aurora Wright
The update 6.2.3 automatically corrects the problem of Nand caused by the downgrade of the Gateway 3DS?
Yes, I just tested it and it works.

BTW, I want to install A9LH but do I have to install these 3 cias (O3DS NATIVE.cia, O3DS AGB.cia and O3DS TWL.cia) on my SysNAND to clean up this one (9.2 downgraded to 4.5 by using GW Downgrade in the past) to avoid any problem with CTRNAND in the future?

Are there any risks?

Thanks!

Last edited by Samwix,

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yes, I just tested it and it works.

BTW, I want to install A9LH but do I have to install these 3 cias (O3DS NATIVE.cia, O3DS AGB.cia and O3DS TWL.cia) on my SysNAND to clean up this one (9.2 downgraded to 4.5 by using GW Downgrade in the past) to avoid any problem with CTRNAND in the future?

Are there any risks?

Thanks!
I also have Gateway install the Luma with A9LH and so far not presented any failure. The Nand is working perfectly shock absorber I perform the cleaning process using the .cia files.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also have Gateway install the Luma with A9LH and so far not presented any failure. The Nand is working perfectly shock absorber I perform the cleaning process using the .cia files.
You've downgraded your SysNand using GW software in the past?
You have installed A9LH without performing the cleaning process?

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
You've downgraded your SysNand using GW software in the past?
You have installed A9LH without performing the cleaning process?
Yes to both questions. I cleared my Nand after performing the installation of Luma with A9LH. It is working perfectly.
My final opinion.
Gateway 3DS A9LH = :gun::nayps3::shit:
Luma 3DS A9LH = :yay3ds: :wub::bow: 100% perfect.

Last edited by Ryumaru,
Reactions: Samwix

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes to both questions. I cleared my Nand after performing the installation of Luma with A9LH. It is working perfectly.
My final opinion.
Gateway 3DS A9LH = :gun::nayps3::shit:
Luma 3DS A9LH = :yay3ds: :wub::bow: 100% perfect.
Haha thanks :)
Did you restore your EmuNAND and make it your SysNand?

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Haha thanks :)
Did you restore your EmuNAND and make it your SysNand?
I searched tutorial on YouTube channel Yakara Colombia. With the latest installation process Luma with A9LH. You only need your Nand is version 9.2.
The Only thing that provides the Gateway is the Gameshark. For Luma kill the Gateway permanently should launch LumaCodes :rofl2:

Reactions: Hayleia and Samwix

KuroiKaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

I had a quick question regarding SD card upgrades, which I'm sorry if it's been covered previously on the thread. I'm quite new to the CFW part on 3ds and have no idea where I'm going wrong >~>

After following Plailect's guide. I've managed to set up everything on a 32GB card, however when I decided to upgrade the memory card (to 128GB) I cannot get passed the black screen when I boot.

I've formatted the SD card a few times, twice off a PC and once on the 3DS using EMUNAND9 and dragged everything over from the working 32GB card each time (I assumed drag and drop was all I needed going off the answers people have given to other questions) and I've got to a black screen every time.

Could someone please advise me the correct way if I'm missing a step in the process, or some additional troubleshooting I should do ?

It is an o3DS on the latest update, the guide was followed fully

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by KuroiKaze,

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey Guys,

I had a quick question regarding SD card upgrades, which I'm sorry if it's been covered previously on the thread. I'm quite new to the CFW part on 3ds and have no idea where I'm going wrong >~>

After following Plailect's guide. I've managed to set up everything on a 32GB card, however when I decided to upgrade the memory card (to 128GB) I cannot get passed the black screen when I boot.

I've formatted the SD card a few times, twice off a PC and once on the 3DS using EMUNAND9 and dragged everything over from the working 32GB card each time (I assumed drag and drop was all I needed going off the answers people have given to other questions) and I've got to a black screen every time.

Could someone please advise me the correct way if I'm missing a step in the process, or some additional troubleshooting I should do ?

It is an o3DS on the latest update, the guide was followed fully

Thanks in advanced.

how did you format the card? with what utility or software?

KuroiKaze

Trophies
XP
Country
how did you format the card? with what utility or software?

Mini tool Partion wizard, (set to FAT32 with 32KB and 64KB cluster)

And I believe the second is called guiformat?

Tried the formatted one from emunand9 on a stock fw 2ds and it reads the memory card fine, starts creating the NDS folder and operates like normal

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this is answered somewhere but I'll ask- do HANS overclock settings override Luma's, or do they have no effect?

JayuZmaN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
bro, help me... i don't know if this is the right place to post... i own a n3ds jp and just starting to CFW using plailect guide...

and i succeed...

but after that, i messed up by deleting the nintendo 3ds folder on my sdcard... (because of that, the fbi-homebrew loader-luma updater goes all blank)

i try to restore from the guide : https://github.com/plailect/guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax) section IV 1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding Start on boot, etc...

so finally i came to the part when i could install .cia from FBI (via Health&Safety dump), i came across this error :

Failed to install CIA file.
Result code : 0xC8804478
Level : Status (25)
Summary : Not found (4)
Module : FS (17)
Desc : Doesn't exist / Failed to open (120)

can someone help me... thanks

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey, I see that normal and dev builds got merged with the latest v6.2.3-420ccdcb build. There are some new options that I can't understand on the Luma3DS configuration menu(SELECT on bootup) but this seems quite useful.

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you using HANS if you have luma? Most, if not all, of what HANS can do can be done much better with other software in CFW, or by the CFW itself via patching.

I'm replacing DQ7 music while using my original cart. Is there a better way of doing that that doesn't involve a cia install?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've seen mentioned several times (between here and reddit) if it was possible to make a custom version for each NAND (Sys/Emu1/2/3/4), but would this feature be actually used? It's actually easy to do, but I'm wondering about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?