Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use the EUR version of fire emblem fates but I downloaded the swimsuit patch + Same sex patch. I want to install the DLC but I am on a US 3ds so I need to use lumas language emulator thing. Does adding a patch change the title ID, because the dlc isn't showing up at all and I've tried all the title IDs listed on that one website. (and yes I went into the select menu and enabled luma language emulator.)

tloberif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update ctrulib.

That being said it doesn't matter because building seems broken anyway

Ty

Sem título.jpg

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to use the EUR version of fire emblem fates but I downloaded the swimsuit patch + Same sex patch. I want to install the DLC but I am on a US 3ds so I need to use lumas language emulator thing. Does adding a patch change the title ID, because the dlc isn't showing up at all and I've tried all the title IDs listed on that one website. (and yes I went into the select menu and enabled luma language emulator.)
You have to manually install dlc with a CIA file to get it to work. Since you are playing the EUR game, you have to find the EUR dlc files. Same thing if you were playing USA game you get USA files.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to manually install dlc with a CIA file to get it to work. Since you are playing the EUR game, you have to find the EUR dlc files. Same thing if you were playing USA game you get USA files.

Yup thats exactly what I did. But its still not working though. I've tried every title ID I could find but none of them have the DLC show up, i've also tried a few other DLCs but none of them show up either.

Add title ID to Locale (I've also tried various spellings of local/locale/etc with caps and without) Install DLC with FBI > check in game > nothing shows up under the dlc menu it still says I don't have any installed.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup thats exactly what I did. But its still not working though. I've tried every title ID I could find but none of them have the DLC show up, i've also tried a few other DLCs but none of them show up either.

Add title ID to Locale (I've also tried various spellings of local/locale/etc with caps and without) Install DLC with FBI > check in game > nothing shows up under the dlc menu it still says I don't have any installed.
Well i never used any luma emulation feature as i didn't need to do so. My DLC works as intended, then again, i am not using out of region game with the system. I use my USA region system with my USA region game and USA DLC and works like intended. Perhaps the problem could be the rom hack you are using? Try disabling it to see if it works or fixes problem, other than that, talk to the topic with the rom hack you got it from. I don't think this has anything to do with luma cfw to be honest.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i never used any luma emulation feature as i didn't need to do so. My DLC works as intended, then again, i am not using out of region game with the system. I use my USA region system with my USA region game and USA DLC and works like intended. Perhaps the problem could be the rom hack you are using? Try disabling it to see if it works or fixes problem, other than that, talk to the topic with the rom hack you got it from. I don't think this has anything to do with luma cfw to be honest.

Hmmm, would going from EUR + romhack to USA + romhack and transferring your saves over cause issues with the game?

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I accidently removed some files on my micro SD and now my ds wont boot!!! the blue light just flashes, omg what have i done! is there anything i can do!?
Grab the newest luma and just put the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card
kek just get luma 6.1.1 and copy all files from zip to sd card
He doesn't need anything but the arm9loaderhax.bin
His 3ds won't boot so it might not be accessable without the files, try reinstalling the files as they could be corrupted.

Or restore your nand and reinstall it again
Wot. It seems like you tried to tell him that what he told him to do was wrong, but then said to do the same thing he did.........

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its two separate romhacks. But I guess I could ask...

I just want DLC which should be doable with language emulation but its not working and I can't tell what I am doing wrong or if it just doesn't work with romhacks.
The reason why DLC isn't working has nothing to do with luma or the emulation. If you need help with it ask the people who made the rom hack about it or in the noob paradise. :mellow:

Reactions: pbanj

Ningamer

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a problem with my O3DS - after installing CFW everything is working fine except I cannot boot DS games. I've tried following the troubleshooting steps to restore TWL_FIRM, but that has not fixed anything. All DS games (including DS Download Play) cause the 3DS to get stuck just after fading to black, with the home menu music still running quietly. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.

Shubkin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's been a long time since im last time update anything on my 2ds. My SysNAND 9.2 and 9.5 on RxTools (ver. 2.6). I use browserhax to run cfw.
What should I do to install Luma3ds without losing my emunand data?
Sorry for my English.

Last edited by Shubkin,

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's been a long time since im last lime update anything on my 2ds. My SysNAND 9.2 and 9.5 on RxTools (ver. 2.6). I use browserhax to run cfw.
Sorry for my English.

Do Following.
Make a Backup from Your Emunand. (Whit Decrypt9)

When this is Finished

Follow this Complete Guide.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

When You Finish whit this guide, than restore your emunand Backup to Sysnand whit decrypt9 (Keep a9lh) or Howerglasses (keep a9lh)

Than you have your Emunand and data on your Sysnand.

To Completely Update your New Sysnand over Systemsettings.

Then You are Done.

Reactions: Shubkin

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It's been a long time since im last time update anything on my 2ds. My SysNAND 9.2 and 9.5 on RxTools (ver. 2.6). I use browserhax to run cfw.
Sorry for my English.
You can either follow Plailect's guide to get arm9loaderhax (I recommend so), or just use Menuhax go boot Luma3DS. Browserhax isn't recommended.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shubkin

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
For the sake of fun, removed A9LH from my Old 3DS and tried the newest updated guide with ctrtransfer and stuff. After getting my OTP, installing a9lh and flashing the NAND image back, 6.1.1 Luma (either stable or nightly) gives me black screen. SaltFW and 6.1 one work fine though. Why is this happening?
I used AuroraWright's compiled A9LH fork (one that has mini-CFW) but I don't really think this matters

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
For the sake of fun, removed A9LH from my Old 3DS and tried the newest updated guide with ctrtransfer and stuff. After getting my OTP, installing a9lh and flashing the NAND image back, 6.1.1 Luma (either stable or nightly) gives me black screen. SaltFW and 6.1 one work fine though. Why is this happening?
I used AuroraWright's compiled A9LH fork (one that has mini-CFW) but I don't really think this matters
The a9lh with the mini Cfw is buggy, that's why its not released. Delete ur config and try the newest stable release again. The hourlies are broken. Make sure you have auto boot sysnand checked

Reactions: Elveman

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with my O3DS - after installing CFW everything is working fine except I cannot boot DS games. I've tried following the troubleshooting steps to restore TWL_FIRM, but that has not fixed anything. All DS games (including DS Download Play) cause the 3DS to get stuck just after fading to black, with the home menu music still running quietly. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks.
Do you have an Emunand? If so the games have to be installed to both the Emunand and sysnand.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The a9lh with the mini Cfw is buggy, that's why its not released. Delete ur config and try the newest stable release again. The hourlies are broken. Make sure you have auto boot sysnand checked
Thank you! Removing old config.bin and trying again with the new one worked perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol