Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like saying something random on here for the hell of it. I honestly don't see what new features Luma3DS or any new home brew can bring to the table. After all we can pretty much do anything we want to our 3ds consoles, you name it we can do it.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like saying something random on here for the hell of it. I honestly don't see what new features Luma3DS or any new home brew can bring to the table. After all we can pretty much do anything we want to our 3ds consoles, you name it we can do it.
Play .nds roms without a flashcart :)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Play .nds roms without a flashcart :)

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Yeah well tell that to the people behind retroarch.

Edit: the devs behind retroarch don't want to run a ds emulator but they are willing to run a ps1 emulator on the 3ds. The fuck kind of logic is that?

Last edited by jimmyleen,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah well tell that to the people behind retroarch.

Edit: the devs behind retroarch don't want to run a ds emulator but they are willing to run a ps1 emulator on the 3ds. The fuck kind of logic is that?
The logic that it's stupid to make an emulator for a system that can play the games natively in the first place.

There are downloadable titles though, evident in the DsiWare that I was able to transfer onto my 3ds. Dragon's Lair comes to mind. If someone really felt like it, I'm sure an .nds rom (or its data) could be injected, then played without a flash cart.

Last edited by urherenow,

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I honestly don't see what new features Luma3DS can bring to the table.

I can:
-Automatic Luma Updater by CIA (downloading the lastest build)
-Nag screen blocker or sleep mode update download blocker
-Firmware spoofing (to access eshop on any fw version)

But honestly, all the actual-features are enough to me. I'm happy with this wonderful CFW

Last edited by Intronaut,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
The logic that it's stupid to make an emulator for a system that can play the games natively in the first place.

There are downloadable titles though, evident in the DsiWare that I was able to transfer onto my 3ds. Dragon's Lair comes to mind. If someone really felt like it, I'm sure an .nds rom (or its data) could be injected, then played without a flash cart.
People have tried it doesn't work. The files still look for the cart so when you launch it it launches whatever is in the cart slot.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't the 3ds os be fooled into thinking the micro sd slot IS the cart slot?
It can. That's sort of how emunand works. Thing is... the patch would need to be done in twl_nand, if the game data itself can't be patched. All the latest twl_nand patches allow for broken signatures, so running patched/hacked DS roms can work now (in a flash cart, at least).

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can:
-Automatic Luma Updater by CIA (downloading the lastest build)
-Nag screen blocker or sleep mode update download blocker
-Firmware spoofing (to access eshop on any fw version)

But honestly, all the actual-features are enough to me. I'm happy with this wonderful CFW
Those two are already there... As much as they can be. You can install the latest eShop cia on an old NAND (eShop app changed to use new URLs), plus the latest nVer (that can't be patched because the patch would need updating on every new nVer, so kind of pointless) and eShop works if you boot the outdated NAND with R. This patch is only applied on non-updated NANDs (if "sysnand is updated" is on, it's for the emunand(s) and viceversa) because it borks home menu title downloading.
Silent background updates have been blocked ever since 4.x... just haven't mentioned it, it's in the guide now.

Ghost Liberator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Why can't the 3ds os be fooled into thinking the micro sd slot IS the cart slot?
there's a lot of discussiones about this, and this thread IS NOT to talk about that topic, it always leads to speculations and ideas that have been already told.

Still, the only .nds roms that can be and had been converted into cia are just demos, as they can be loaded in FCRAM i think, i can't remember it very well, also there is a limitation of 64mb and still, the game will try to load from slot-1 and no one seems insterested to research a way to make this, as flashcards are very cheap nowadays

Last edited by Ghost Liberator,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure how good an "auto" updater is, when file names of things like alternate payloads keeps changing all the time.

For me, I just made a batchfile to automate the process. Pull latest sources, clean old build, build latest tree, run pathchanger (I like using bootanim9). I don't mind manually copying the new one over (or using sd management on the n3ds).

haskell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Having trouble playing Sonic 2 downloaded through FBI or made with CiAngel. It stays forever on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen whenthe game is loading.
A cryptofixed cia from another chaotic site worked tough. Any ideas to what may be happening?
EUR - O3DS 10.7 using Luma last version.

Thanks

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble playing Sonic 2 downloaded through FBI or made with CiAngel. It stays forever on the "Nintendo 3DS" screen whenthe game is loading.
A cryptofixed cia from another chaotic site worked tough. Any ideas to what may be happening?

Thanks
Go into the eshop and view the page for the game

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks
Delete the game through system settings and re-download from it's page in the eshop. An o3ds can't use seed crypto. Downloading from eshop on an o3ds should fix that problem.

Go into the eshop and view the page for the game
This will do nothing on an o3ds. There is no seed crypto for it.

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get to EmuNand from SysNand or vice versa while in Luma? Obviously I can boot into one or the other by holding the right button or not when powering on, but I was wondering if there was a way to, for instance, go from EmuNand straight to SysNand without holding the power button to power down, then pressing the power button again to boot.

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm sorry but I don't know where else to post this: I could play VC GBA games before. Followed the AGB_FIRM patch guide before. I installed it and had at the time aureinand 3.4.17 and after updating I'm no longer able to play gba vc games on my o3ds. What I did to "fix" this is to change the payload to the one that was before luma 3ds, in the aurei folder. By doing so, I'm able to play GBA VC games, but whenever I install again the Luma 3DS 5.4, it doesn't work. I've tried almost everything, even redownloading a new 0004013800000202.cia (v3665) and reinstalling it on my NAND, but I'm still unable to play, even when loading from Luma3DS.

The thing is that I installed A9LH to my friend's O3DS, and he didn't have the patch applied to 0004013800000202. cia, but he can play GBA VC games and I can't. Please help me I'm a noob and don't know what else to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1