Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysNAND of course. I haven't patched ANYTHING on sysNAND.
I'm assuming that signature patches are working because you can see the GBA games you installed.
They worked with rxTools in sysnand, correct?

It looks like ARN is not patching your agb_firm. Try an older version of ARN with the 9.2 firm and agb_firm in the aurei folder.

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm assuming that signature patches are working because you can see the GBA games you installed.
They worked with rxTools in sysnand, correct?

It looks like ARN is not patching your agb_firm. Try an older version of ARN with the 9.2 firm and agb_firm in the aurei folder.
Yep, rxTools boots them fine on sysNAND.
It's no big deal since I'm not planning on using ARN for anything other than GBA games (and rxTools already does this without any tinkering, no offense to Aurora).
I just thought it'd be proper to report my experience with it.

Last edited by yoshinatsu,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talks about me crowding the thread...... posts a wall of text........
Thank you for finally answering. The reason I had no idea why, is because she mentioned 13 characters, and 8.3 would be 12 characters. Therefore, I was entertaining the idea of another reason.

Sure, I crowded this thread, but just as much as you did. You can't put the blame on me when you are doing the exact same thing. And all it took you was a few seconds, since you already knew the answer. Thank you for clearing that up. Perhaps now you can see the confusion I was having.

@OrGoN3
http://gbatemp.net/threads/aureinand-n3ds-o3ds-a9lh.411110/page-440#post-6267865
http://gbatemp.net/threads/aureinand-n3ds-o3ds-a9lh.411110/page-454#post-6271624
However I feel I must say - if you dont want to spend time reading the last 10 pages or so, why should other members spend their time answering your questions?
So I should take the time to read 100+ posts, instead of someone, who already has the answer, and is clearly actively online, helping me out and pointing it out? Point out the page number, I'll read that page. But to taunt me that you have the answer and that you are actively deciding to not help me in any way, is down right pathetic and quite low of a person to do. If you don't want to help, fine, but you don't have to taunt it the entire time. It's called mutual respect for your fellow co-member.

@OrGoN3

A few pages back, 15 or so maybe your question about character length was discussed.

It has to do with the FAT32 file system or operating systems or whatever. Files with more than 13 characters become abreiviated to "up_toolong~.bin" or something like that. So it may work but cause problems later.

I no computer doctor but this is what I read earlier today or last night.

EDIT: Someone answered this better.
Thank you for your help. The reason I was so confused was because the character limit known as SFN, is also known as 8.3, which yields 12 characters. She's clearly a talented programmer, so I wasn't automatically assuming she put the wrong number in, and instead had a different reason for that limit.

What a whole bunch of uselessness lol
Defending myself is uselessness? Okay. I'll go along with that. So what would someone pointing that out be? That would somehow not be a useless post?

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Is it possible to install unsigned CIA's with AuReiNand, as I just followed and completed Plailect's guide and have Arm9loaderhax on my 3DS.
No, every one of us is obsessed with this CFW because it lets our 3DS brew coffee instead of letting us install unsigned .CIAs. /s

Sent from my Nexus 5

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it's really important to me to know if aureinand patches agb firm, as I have removed the agb firm patching from my tutorial because I was under the impression it did.

It definitely did back when you had to supply the file in /aurei, but what now?

And also would it patch the sysnand agb firm as well, even when I boot emunand and start the game from there? (and thus reboot into sysnand where patch is also needed)

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
@Aurora Wright So recently I asked you about adding 9.x support back to AuReiNand and you said it would load the internal FIRM anyways so it would work, but even with the instruction you offer in your wiki to load this FIRM, it doesn't work.
As the home menu is still from 9.0 on my 2DS and N3DS, they succeed in loading menuhax but fail as libkhax isn't working so I think a newer FIRM is loaded.
But as I didn't have another FIRM to load on my SD card except in the emuNAND partition, could it be you give it a higher priority over sysNAND if you detect it?

Also maybe to reduce the confusion with the sysNAND FIRM option that reacts differently when autobooting emuNAND you could split it up for both cases, I think it would improve usability and retain the minimalist approach of your CFW as no ambiguous option would exist then.
Why would she go out of her way to do something like that. She's kind enough and has done what she has done, yet you guys ask for more (shit). Grow a brain, use updated sysNAND and stop having shitty priorities.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Last edited by fr3quency,
Reactions: democracy and klear

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it's really important to me to know if aureinand patches agb firm, as I have removed the agb firm patching from my tutorial because I was under the impression it did.

It definitely did back when you had to supply the file in /aurei, but what now?

And also would it patch the sysnand agb firm as well, even when I boot emunand and start the game from there? (and thus reboot into sysnand where patch is also needed)
Yes to all

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
copy paste my answer from: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-ctrbootmanager9.417159/page-23#post-6275444

For those who still get a black screen with the fixed build of CtrBootManager9 for the last ARN build, try to delete your CBM9'Background images (top and bot).

Don't know why but the fixed build can't open the "images".bin and we get stuck to the black lighted screen.

Thanks! Works great now. I will miss my backgrounds but I'll have to live with it until ctrbootmanager gets a update. ;)

Reactions: Doopl

AdowTatep

Trophies
Website
adowtatep.com
XP
Country
Brazil
There's literally no way to use the language plugin to EVERY game? It's so not good having to create a text file on the SD every time i want to play a new game :(. AuRei could have a "general config" the same way it works to change some game's language, but to change every game you have to this default you set. And then IF i wanted some other language to some X game then i have to create its own config with its ID etc etc. This way, if i only want to change my games to X language, i just have to create this text file once, and it'll work on every game of the system.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@Aurora Wright So recently I asked you about adding 9.x support back to AuReiNand and you said it would load the internal FIRM anyways so it would work, but even with the instruction you offer in your wiki to load this FIRM, it doesn't work.
As the home menu is still from 9.0 on my 2DS and N3DS, they succeed in loading menuhax but fail as libkhax isn't working so I think a newer FIRM is loaded.
But as I didn't have another FIRM to load on my SD card except in the emuNAND partition, could it be you give it a higher priority over sysNAND if you detect it?

Also maybe to reduce the confusion with the sysNAND FIRM option that reacts differently when autobooting emuNAND you could split it up for both cases, I think it would improve usability and retain the minimalist approach of your CFW as no ambiguous option would exist then.
I tested D9 right now and it does load on sys with updated emu and 9.0 sys. Not sure which programs you tried but it works fine here. If you want to be sure about which FIRM is loaded install the latest FMP, open it and it will be shown on the top screen.

D

Deleted User

@Aurora Wright what is the reason for getting rid of part of the code that boots payloads and using fixed payloads? What advantage does it have over the older payloads and payload system?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Aurora Wright would you be willing to add that if there is no default payload, it'll just load to The homemenu? That way you can have only r_name.bin (or another payload like that) without having to HAVE the default .bin

Le6996

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I tested D9 right now and it does load on sys with updated emu and 9.0 sys. Not sure which programs you tried but it works fine here. If you want to be sure about which FIRM is loaded install the latest FMP, open it and it will be shown on the top screen.
Got the exact same issue. Everything shows my sysnand to be 9.2 but it seems to load a newer FIRM since some homebrew (like libkhax or bootNTR ) are not working. D9 is working fine for me, too and so are most other thing I have.

EDIT: FMP shows 2.50-11 kernel, so 10.4 FIRM when I either boot my sysnand with l or r.
I got 9.2 sys and 10.7 emu btw.

Last edited by Le6996,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Got the exact same issue. Everything shows my sysnand to be 9.2 but it seems to load a newer FIRM since some homebrew (like libkhax or bootNTR ) are not working. D9 is working fine for me, too and so are most other thing I have.

EDIT: FMP shows 2.50-11 kernel, so 10.4 FIRM when I either boot my sysnand with l or r.
I got 9.2 sys and 10.7 emu btw.
FMP correctly reports 2.46 here. Could you use GodMode9 and tell me the contents of the title/00040138/00000002/content (O3DS) or title/00040138/2000002/content (N3DS) folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH