Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there a way I can change the keybindings for launching things like decrypt9 and uncart on boot? I would rather have them still require two buttons on boot, as it's too easy to accidentally boot into something I don't want to.

@Aurora Wright
Not to advertise but since you ask exactly for its main feature, I just mention here that arm9loaderhay lets you choose what button combination you want for each payload you have (and you have a more user friendly build on page 2 using a non-binary format for folders).

Reactions: axemurderer

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I wonder if it will be possible to patch in a button combo to raise and lower the brightness while in AGB_Firm or TWL_Firm. having to completely exit the game sucks and it was nice on DS Lite to have the DS Lite Brightness Control patch/cheat, which of course does not work on 3DS.
You can!! Push the home button. Then hold start +up or start+down. Start+x = disable the wireless (but you can't enable it...)
edit: woops! already answerred, sorry! :bow:
That's a built-in feature of the 3DS. Press home and then hold start + dpad up/down. Left/right toggles power saving mode. This works for DS games too.

Last edited by RealityNinja,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

hahaha1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do I get AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM to work? The firmware_agb.bin and firmware_twl.bin are present in the aurei folder. But every time I open dsiware or a gba game I see "An error occurred ".

Rocketbarrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok
for now, uncheck pre-patched firms and AuReiNAND should load and autopatch firms every time. If this works, make sure your SD Card is not accidentally set to read only then check pre-patched firms again and see if it works.
Ok, I tried checking the pre-patched firms after AuReiNand booting to the Home Screen once now I'm back to the previous error with the Couldn't write the patched FIRM (no free space?) error. I tried unchecking everything in settings again and now it just says the error even though I unchecked everything in settings. Am I doing something wrong? My SD card isn't set in read-only mode and it keeps happening.

Do I just have to reinstall AuReiNand and try again?

hahaha1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've downloaded the FIRM files from the readme but I didn't installed the game cia's via sysnand

BadBoyXxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi where i can find the original agbfirm and twl for the last update auf aureinand i have a n3ds european version big thanks

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Anyway after some playing with GBA games i decided it's the best this way if you boot emunand and have a 9.2 sysnand (unlinked):
- Why install the games 2x (Emunand and sysnand) it takes up twice the psace on your SD
- I installed the games to sysnand 9.2 only, booting into sysnand 9.2 with firmware.bin (10.2) (NOT firmware90.bin)
- When you exit a GBA games you are thrown into sysnand anyway, so why not boot into sysnand and play from there.
- It works perfect for me :), saves space on my sd and time because not installing them into both nands.
- So whenever i feel like playing a GBA game i boot into sysnand 9.2 (with firmwre.bin (10.2)) by holding R and power on my system

If you boot straight into sysnand, it doesn't matter anyway :P

Reactions: peteruk

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
very neat update ! but what is all the new twl agb firm stuff ?
i know it is for ds and gba stuff? but is that new option on the boot config now ??:o

and also is that option for users who have not dumped/injected their emu twl agb into sys ?

cause i have only dump/injected the ctrnand on my n3ds.

i just want to understand the new options XD

and nice changes to loading payloads easier now !

edit : like lets say if i have dumped/injected ctrnand and the rest also like twl agb etc. from emu to sys and from sys to emu , and then wiped my emuNAND partition (will i then still have to copy the firmware agb/twl from the firms folder into aurei,and set it up in the boot config ? or would that not be needed?).

Last edited by leonmagnus99,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8