XP
Country
Canada

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the next stable release, can you please start a new thread and maybe use a version number? This thread is now 271 pages long and old stuff no longer applies so it'd be great to have a new thread that just deals with issues/questions about the new version.
I agree. The rxTools thread is just ridiculous. This is already a close second (except that @Aurora Wright is actually keeping the first post updated).

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
For the next stable release, can you please start a new thread and maybe use a version number? This thread is now 271 pages long and old stuff no longer applies so it'd be great to have a new thread that just deals with issues/questions about the new version.
We can do it like reddit. It seems they have a new aureinand thread every 5 hours or every commit :P

Reactions: daxtsu

ImInDaShAdOwZz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, the firm needs to be named firmware.bin (or firmware90.bin, if you have a need for that one) and directly in the aurei folder. Read the original post of this thread, please. I enjoy helping people, but I have a short temper when people seem to ask questions without reading the instructions.

OTHER programs that you might want to load at boot time (instead of CFW) like decrypt9 and such get renamed (one of them to default.bin, others to b.bin and such) and placed in aurei/payloads. And it's the arm9loaderhax.bin for that program that gets renamed in that case.
Sorry, it's just that at times the post doesn't clearly defined or I can't interpret what they're stating. But for the other programs such as Decrypt9 would I take the Decrypt9WIP.bin and rename it to default.bin?

Last edited by ImInDaShAdOwZz,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the new EmuNAND -> RedNAND option on EmuNAND9 and noticed a few things about it that affects AuReiNAND. It seems the conversion marks RedNAND as a secondary EmuNAND or AuReiNAND misdetects it and it will only boot holding L+B.

however, unlike primary EmuNAND, secondary EmuNANDs will exit back to SysNAND when exiting System Settings, which may be a bug in AuReiNAND since primary EmuNANDs will only exit back to SysNAND when exiting AGB_Firm.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

ImInDaShAdOwZz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try booting with L+R pressed?
Yeah, nevermind, I've got OTP Helper and Decrypt9 to work but the Gateway_cia.bin doesn't work (probably cause its not supported, noob mistake, sorry) but yeah, thanks those are the only two that work, are there any other useful tools out there that are compatible with A9LH?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, nevermind, I've got OTP Helper and Decrypt9 to work but the Gateway_cia.bin doesn't work (probably cause its not supported, noob mistake, sorry) but yeah, thanks those are the only two that work, are there any other useful tools out there that are compatible with A9LH?

If you boot the Gateway 3DSX via 9.2 EmuNAND or SysNAND using firmware90.bin and https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases, it will work.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
are there any other useful tools out there that are compatible with A9LH?

They're mostly by d0k3, but your options regarding A9LH stuff, with brief explanations for those who may not know for some reason:
1. AuReiNand
2. CakesFW
3. ReiNand
4. Decrypt9 (NAND dumping/restoring, decrypting/encrypting, etc.)
5. EmuNAND9 (name is self-explanatory, but it deals with making emuNANDs and backing up/restoring them)
6. GodMod9 (used as a file explorer for SD, NAND, etc.)
7. Uncart (used to dump 3DS retail carts)
8. SafeA9LHInstaller (Aurora's tool for installing or updating A9LH)
9. OTPHelper (various utilities relating to the 2.1 downgrade and the OTP itself)
10. Dark Samus's A9LH updater
11. ARM9Select by FIX94 (simple boot manager like BootCTR, but it offers backlight init for A9LH forks that do screen init but keep the backlight off)
12. ARM9SelectHay by Hayleia (same as 11, but with different button configs)
13. BootCTR9 (same as its MenuHax counterpart)
14. CTRBootManager9 (same as its MenuHax counterpart)

Edit: Forgot some.

Last edited by daxtsu,

ImInDaShAdOwZz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Gateway_cia.bin isn't an a9lh binary. It doesn't go in aureinand/payloads, it goes into /Cia_shortcut. It is used when you run Gateway_cia from your home menu. Again, it seems like you want to be spoon-fed instead of reading instructions.

In other words:
No matter what, you have to boot your 3ds. There is no arm9loaderhax payload for GW yet. Gateway_cia puts an icon on your home menu that will directly launch GW, but you must load the home menu in the first place.

Last edited by urherenow,

ImInDaShAdOwZz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Gateway_cia.bin isn't an a9lh binary. It doesn't go in aureinand/payloads, it goes into /Cia_shortcut. It is used when you run Gateway_cia from your home menu. Again, it seems like you want to be spoon-fed instead of reading instructions.

TL;DR

No matter what, you have to boot your 3ds. There is no arm9loaderhax payload for GW yet. Gateway_cia puts an icon on your home menu that will directly launch GW, but you must load the home menu in the first place.
Yeah, sorry, I didn't know that there was a specific type of .bin file that works with A9. I do now, and I apologise for pissing you off

AdmiralToucan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does AuRei protect against the e-shop from deleting your DLC/Downloads? I keep getting mixed info when I look up the subject on the e-shop deleting things. Do I have to invalidate my own tickets or something because I visited the e-shop already? (mainly for smash)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==