Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, it's how AuReiNAND works in A9LH:
When a soft (or "MCU") reboot happens (like exiting from System Settings), AuReiNand will remember and force the last used boot mode. This is to easily keep staying on the NAND you booted (Emu/Sys). You can override this by holding A, which will make AuReiNand behave like on a cold boot (so you can use the same buttons - or no button - as usual to choose a boot mode).

I wonder if switching the boot manager to L+A broke that feature by mistake? :unsure:
I don't know, but for now, I use a9lh aureinand (auto boot to emunand):

1. If I boot into sysnand -> reboot with quick reboot cia -> A button -> it's boot into emunand
2. If I boot into emunand -> reboot with quick reboot cia -> A+L buttons -> it's boot into emunand

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, but for now, I use a9lh aureinand (auto boot to emunand):

1. If I boot into sysnand -> reboot with quick reboot cia -> A button -> it's boot into emunand
2. If I boot into emunand -> reboot with quick reboot cia -> A+L buttons -> it's boot into emunand
It seems highly possible that the new payload chaining system broke the override MCU reboot behavior feature.

@Aurora Wright, your thoughts on this?

Last edited by astronautlevel,

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
alright.. now my GW multi select isnt showing up in the sysNAND :/ arhgh ..i think i am missin something.

or GW multi select is not supported completely with a9lh yah? i thought it would show up with sig patchd.

mm, it does run its emuNAND though.

i wanted to have some installer on the sysNAND to install the GW cia, to boot into it at times for the cheat support.
easiest solution is to keep your sysnand at 9.2. Boot into it with holding L during Aureinand boot. Install menuhax on sysnand to start GW (emunand) mode automatically. It will become more interesting when GW makes their own a9lh launcher.bin programme (if ever)

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
easiest solution is to keep your sysnand at 9.2. Boot into it with holding L during Aureinand boot. Install menuhax on sysnand to start GW (emunand) mode automatically. It will become more interesting when GW makes their own a9lh launcher.bin programme (if ever)

i think you are right, i just wanted to get rid of menuhax actually.
thats why i deleted it, i did boot into the boot ctr thingie, with that i booted into GW emuNAND.
mm but i think i will make it simpler now, by just keeping the 3dsx of the gw and deleting the rest, so i have less files in the root :)

thanks.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINALLY! You came back to your senses. :P I recall you wanted to do some crazy stuff to your sysNAND(?) such as deleting the stuff necessary for the updates? Do I remember correctly? :P
Yes correct[emoji57]

Glad I didn't go that route :) For some reason I was hell bent on keeping emunand but after much thought, an updated sysnand is a much smarter option and possibly safer option than keeping an outdated sysnand lying around.

Last edited by democracy,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated sysNAND is the most important thing if you don't use an emuNAND while running A9LH. :P

Then I'm confused as to what exactly it is. On the first page under "Updated SysNAND mode" it only speaks specifically about emuNAND. Holding L on boot loads emuNAND with 9.0 FIRM. Holding R on boot loads emuNAND with firmware.bin. Well what does it do if you don't have ANY emuNAND? I mean, it makes no other mention as to what exactly it is for - when you have no emuNAND.

Edit: Nevermind. I see it in the first paragraph. You need it to have an updated SysNAND. The other bits are only optional for EmuNAND users.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Then I'm confused as to what exactly it is. On the first page under "Updated SysNAND mode" it only speaks specifically about emuNAND. Holding L on boot loads emuNAND with 9.0 FIRM. Holding R on boot loads emuNAND with firmware.bin. Well what does it do if you don't have ANY emuNAND?
Updated sysNAND works like this:
By default, it boots sysNAND with protected FIRM0/FIRM1 (So A9LH doesn't disappear while updating or bricks after updating).
If you have an emuNAND, you can boot it with 9.0 FIRM by pressing L or boot it with latest FIRM(firmware.bin) by pressing R.
If you don't have an emuNAND, pressing L or R will throw an error and shutdown AFAIK.

RSA6974

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bother with another question but here's this:

I have both sysNAND and emuNAND on 9.2.0 on a separate N3DS XL device and I want to update the sysNAND with A9LH to the latest version and keep the emuNAND for... reason.

However, it seems that the emuNAND is linked with sysNAND since the theme, after changing it in sysNAND, persists in emuNAND. The only way to differentiate both of them is with a empty folder (present in emuNAND but not on sysNAND) and a promotional Youtube app (not the app itself) through Spotpass that is also present in emuNAND but not in sysNAND.

Is it still safe to update on sysNAND?

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry to bother with another question but here's this:

I have both sysNAND and emuNAND on 9.2.0 on a separate N3DS XL device and I want to update the sysNAND with A9LH to the latest version and keep the emuNAND for... reason.

However, it seems that the emuNAND is linked with sysNAND since the theme, after changing it in sysNAND, persists in emuNAND. The only way to differentiate both of them is with a empty folder (present in emuNAND but not on sysNAND) and a promotional Youtube app (not the app itself) through Spotpass that is also present in emuNAND but not in sysNAND.

Is it still safe to update on sysNAND?
Well, you should unlink the emuNAND by formatting it with TinyFormat to avoid any major headaches, I don't think that having them linked with a updated sysNAND is useful.
But I think that it's safe to update your sysNAND, just make backups of both before trying to update. A9LH/FIRM* should be safe as long as you toggle the "Updated sysNAND" mode.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Well, you should unlink the emuNAND by formatting it with TinyFormat to avoid any major headaches, I don't think that having them linked with a updated sysNAND is useful.
But I think that it's safe to update your sysNAND, just make backups of both before trying to update. A9LH/FIRM* should be safe as long as you toggle the "Updated sysNAND" mode.
I'd also toggle the "Installed A9LH" just to be safe :P

Reactions: matpower

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my emuNAND on 2.1 :P
Can't be bothered deleting it.

I posted this in another thread. Makes it a lot easier than copying stuff back and forth.

If you look at your sd card with a partition management tool (I use EaseUS), it should look something like this:

[=====|+++++++++++++]

Where = is labeled unallocated space (this is actually your Emunand but it doesn't know how to to read it so it calls it unallocated) and + is your normal filesystem that holds your regular 3DS files. What you can do is right click and do "resize partition". Drag the bar from the left edge of your main filesystem all the way to the left side so it takes up your whole SD card. Should look like this afterwards:

[+++++++++++++++++++]

With the unallocated space completely gone. This SHOULD remove your Emunand but keep all your other files and give you your SD card space back. I did this about a week ago when i wanted to delete mine just to test it (I did back up my SD though first just to be sure.) Do NOT hold me responsible if this messes something up! I am just telling you what worked for me. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

D

Deleted User

Could there be an extra option to use the L and R buttons for something else (not sure what - booting other payloads maybe or doing nothing instead of the "there is no emuNAND error") for people who don't use an EmuNAND at all anymore with A9LH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo