Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDuckMan64

Chicken nugget.
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably Rei folder. You just have to replace the one you're using with that one. You may also need to delete the _patched files (if you have usepatchedfw flag)
Thanks I'll give that a try!

Sorry to hassle the thread, but would anyone know where the firms folder might be uploaded other than zippyshare/ be able to upload it somewhere else? It's the only file downloader my school blocks, and we only get 1 bar of service here, so personal hotspot isn't an option :P.

Last edited by TheDuckMan64,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search and Replace isn't that hard... dunno why it must go this way!?!

If you want to find something, smarting up is not hard using the right tools.

It's text based? Use Notepad++ Example:
1gcsbo.png

Find what: /rei
Where > in files
Directory: Where the files are on your hdd.
Find all and you get:
2gnsqk.png

It points to the positions and marks them (clickable to directly open the file to edit!

Takes less than 2 mins, to get compiling running is harder than that ;)

Vaporeon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ehiles.iweb.bsu.edu
XP
Country
United States
Does Gateway card work with this? I have hombrew launcher loader but I imagine that would just reboot into Rei if I select Gateway from the home brew menu.
I use my Gateway for 3ds files pretty much and still have a ton of games to finish up there.
I actually got a9lh up and running fine, but Gateway stuff is the only thing left I'm unsure about.

I used the OTP guide to set it up, so it autoboots emunand.

Last edited by Vaporeon,

20mark

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Personally, i'd like to see implemented in Aureinand a sort of recovery like Aurora did some pages before, in other words, pressing L+R to boot into D9. I think its fast and convenient, i know it's not related to the rei cfw, but it could be usefull, and no need to install a boot manager just to have decrypt9 set.

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Personally, i'd like to see implemented in Aureinand a sort of recovery like Aurora did some pages before, in other words, pressing L+R to boot into D9. I think its fast and convenient, i know it's not related to the rei cfw, but it could be usefull, and no need to install a boot manager just to have decrypt9 set.
Well a9lh combined with bootctr9 can boot in to decrypt9 even when you bricked sys and emunand as long as you didn´t also bircked a9lh. You will have to use the screen init version of a9lh because without it you would have to navigate decrypt9 blindly. But I can understand if you don´t want to use a boot manager just for decrypt9. And you should be able to install all of that and unbrick your nand when you need it as long as you have a9lh with screen init and a9lh isn´t bricked, but on the other hand lots of people will use a hardmod for this stuff and that will always work.

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well a9lh combined with bootctr9 can boot in to decrypt9 even when you bricked sys and emunand as long as you didn´t also bircked a9lh. You will have to use the screen init version of a9lh because without it you would have to navigate decrypt9 blindly. But I can understand if you don´t want to use a boot manager just for decrypt9. And you should be able to install all of that and unbrick your nand when you need it as long as you have a9lh with screen init and a9lh isn´t bricked, but on the other hand lots of people will use a hardmod for this stuff and that will always work.
I see Plailect updated the guide with steps to install BootCtr9 to do this. But at the very end it states not to update sysNAND, only emuNAND. What if I wanted to use sysNAND only for an emuNAND-free system?

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think Aureinand has firm protection so you could update sysnand through the settings and use the updatedsysnand flag.
But to be sure you can backup ctr nand and restore the emunand ctrnand to your sysnand and than you have the version you used there but didn´t replaced the firm files. Also you should be able to restore your sysnand ctrnand if something goes wrong and you cant boot it. Don´t restore a full emunand backup to your sysnand because that would overwrite the firm files and than can´t use a9lh anymore.
Pls correct me if I am wrong and I didn´t do these steps with my n3ds so these are all just infos i read here on the forum.

Edit: here is a link to the tutorial the post from @dark_samus3 is the one I meant and it was tested by @Shadowtrance https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...rm9loaderhax-only.415724/page-19#post-6137184

Last edited by Serphirot,
Reactions: Sev501

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
I see Plailect updated the guide with steps to install BootCtr9 to do this. But at the very end it states not to update sysNAND, only emuNAND. What if I wanted to use sysNAND only for an emuNAND-free system?
You can swap NANDs with this easy way: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...rm9loaderhax-only.415724/page-19#post-6137184 I did it this way and it worked like a charm. Though be sure to create the 2 needed files in the rei folder(updatedsysnand and installeda9lh)

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I know I can use sysNAND. I was referring to the fact that the guide explicitly states to use emuNAND, and I'm wondering why.

Cha0s Em3rald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does Gateway card work with this? I have hombrew launcher loader but I imagine that would just reboot into Rei if I select Gateway from the home brew menu.
I use my Gateway for 3ds files pretty much and still have a ton of games to finish up there.
I actually got a9lh up and running fine, but Gateway stuff is the only thing left I'm unsure about.

I used the OTP guide to set it up, so it autoboots emunand.
You can, hold L during start up to boot into 9.0-9.2 sysNAND with sigs patched then install this cia by @Columbo2811
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-hb-launcher-mod-cia-for-gateway.416449 You can use that to boot into GW, it works fine for me

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I take it this means if we put a decrypt9.bin file into the folder we can boot it with L&R?

(loads an "arm9payload.bin" in the rei folder when pressing L+R)
It loads "arm9payload.bin", not decrypt9.bin.
BTW here's the decrypt9 I use. it does screen init on its own. http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/VnzdiA3h/file.html. Should also work with screen init a9lh (skips the function if screen init was done already).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt