Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
I need help from someone who has ever used Gateway to downgrade O3DS to 4.5.
I think I did that with my O3DS. way back. but didn't own a gateway so I had no way to launch my emunand. so gave up on it and updated back to 9.2 or even higher, can't recall. then ninjahax happened and I got a9lh + luma3ds sysnand 10.7 on it now.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i was gonna restore the nand for my 3ds when i had a fresh a9lh install. Do you still need the nand or would the information still be on there?
It would still be there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I did that with my O3DS. way back. but didn't own a gateway so I had no way to launch my emunand. so gave up on it and updated back to 9.2 or even higher, can't recall. then ninjahax happened and I got a9lh + luma3ds sysnand 10.7 on it now.
I need you to go to the ctrnand:/title/00040138/00000002/content with GodMode9 and tell me what's there (you still have the same nand you used to downgrade, right?)
:P

Reactions: Mr.ButtButt

Gomza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi everyone) Please help) I have new 3ds with arm9loaderhax + cakes fw. And now I want to switch to luma3ds. But I have only sysnand_original.bin. No emunand_original.bin. What is my option? How can I do this with only sysnand? Or I must restore my sysnand and set up emunand.bin?

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just restore a NAND backup you made before the first region swap.
hey, i think i pissed off the 3ds.
i restored the nand to a fresh install of a9lh, then tried out the eshop, ~i got 2 more error codes and couldn't connect again.~
also the home menu has significantly less space on it now: http://imgur.com/6Z9on5D
I've seen a few other people have type of problem in the past, but idk what they did to fix it.
any suggestions?

**Update**
the eshop is working
i dont have any extra sd cards, so i saw one guide im gonna try out. the home menu still has way less space.

Last edited by Mr.ButtButt,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hey champs, the noscreeninit a9lh version will not make bootanimations work nay?

like i will need to have the screeninit a9lh installed in order for it to work ?

cause i currenly use the one without screeninit ,splash works fine for me having the option to tick the show splash in boot config.
so if it is not going to work with the noscreeninit, could a feature be added to the config for show animations maybe..? x.x

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone) Please help) I have new 3ds with arm9loaderhax + cakes fw. And now I want to switch to luma3ds. But I have only sysnand_original.bin. No emunand_original.bin. What is my option? How can I do this with only sysnand? Or I must restore my sysnand and set up emunand.bin?
I hate to sound stupid, but I've never used Cakes FW...but sysnand_original.bin and emunand_original.bin are a Cakes thing? What are they for?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just install it like cakesFW.
put arm9loaderhax.bin root of sd card and boot it. luma3DS can boot into sysnand.

at the first boot you will see configuration menu enable first 3 option.

done.

Sent from my 403SC using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gomza

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-Luma3DS) This will tell you how to switch.

I hate to sound stupid, but I've never used Cakes FW...but sysnand_original.bin and emunand_original.bin are a Cakes thing? What are they for?
They're NAND backups, and they aren't needed for Cakes :P

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-Luma3DS) This will tell you how to switch.

They're NAND backups, and they aren't needed for Cakes :P
well see, this is why I was asking. :P I thought maybe I had misunderstood what you were saying, heh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v5.3.1
I need a lot of testing with this :) So if you notice Luma stops booting while it worked on 5.3, report it!
Unfortunately mine isn't booting either NAND with this version (previous version worked fine). I have an updated 10.7 sysNAND and a 9.2 emuNAND...I never used a Gateway or Gateway related software, but I did downgrade at one point from like 10.4 (I think) to 9.2 using one of the versions of sysupdater so that I could do CFW stuff.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
5.3.1 boots to a black screen on both my N3DS and O3DS. Neither were downgraded using the Gateway downgrader. Both boot fine if revert back to 5.3.

Japanese New 3DS, 10.7 SysNAND, 9.1 EmuNAND. (originally 8.1, updated to 10.6 then downgraded to 9.1).
Japanese Old 3DS, 10.7 SysNAND (originally 2.1, updated to 4.1 then 9.2, then 10.7).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.