Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Any emuNAND users with 9.2 sysNAND using AuReiNand?

How do you play GBA with AuReiNand? What options are set in your config?

Rather than me bugging @Aurora Wright I will attempt to get AuReiNand use info from people with a setup similar to mine.

If you have some time and have a setup like mine the help would be appreciated.

Edit: Please PM me so we can keep unnecessary traffic out of this thread. Thank you.
Right now on my N3DS XL I tested booting 9.0 sys with R, booting a GBA, quitting, opening again. Works fine (so the emuNAND firm is loaded correctly on reboots). This is with 5.1.2. Since you have a very complicated setup I'd advise to check you have the correct ARN path in the binary

Reactions: Michierusama

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now on my N3DS XL I tested booting 9.0 sys with R, booting a GBA, quitting, opening again. Works fine (so the emuNAND firm is loaded correctly on reboots). This is with 5.1.2. Since you have a very complicated setup I'd advise to check you have the correct ARN path in the binary
Wow Aurora, 9.0 sysnand? Get with the times ;)

Last edited by democracy,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have ARN in folder payloads on my mSD with the name r.bin. Using the pathchanger I set the reboot path to payloads/r.bin

My setup is more complicated because I use arm9select to launch ARN and ARN is not my default boot option.

I have also tried using ARN as default boot option arm9loaderhax.bin on mSD and it does indeed work. So it looks like the only option would be to use AuReiNand and not use arm9select at all. Not really what I wanted to do but yes it would work.

So I take it this will not work with any external loaders?

Last edited by stl25,

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of us prefer to keep 9.0-9.2 SysNAND for various reasons. My personal reason for keeping my N3DS on 9.0 SysNAND is for GW purposes.
I'm pretty sure they were making a joke. Of course some people have reasons to have that kind of setup. I used to myself.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have ARN in folder payloads on my mSD with the name r.bin. Using the pathchanger I set the reboot path to payloads/r.bin

My setup is more complicated because I use arm9select to launch ARN and ARN is not my default boot option.

I have also tried using ARN as default boot option arm9loaderhax.bin on mSD and it does indeed work. So it looks like the only option would be to use AuReiNand and not use arm9select at all. Not really what I wanted to do but yes it would work.

So I take it this will not work with any external loaders?
Some logic: you power on using R -> bootloader loads -> loads ARN -> ARN loads sys with emu firm -> you launch a GBA game -> FIRM reloads ARN -> AGB_FIRM boots -> you quit AGB_FIRM -> a9lh is triggered again -> you're holding nothing -> the bootloader loads the default payload (not ARN) -> derp.
Not really my fault, as you're loading something else by default that is not arn.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some logic: you power on using R -> bootloader loads -> loads ARN -> ARN loads sys with emu firm -> you launch a GBA game -> FIRM reloads ARN -> AGB_FIRM boots -> you quit AGB_FIRM -> a9lh is triggered again -> you're holding nothing -> the bootloader loads the default payload (not ARN) -> derp.
Not really my fault, as you're loading something else by default that is not arn.

So when I exit GBA and sysNAND reboots I am in ReiNand sysNAND (that is my default payload)? I launch AuReiNand with r (because r loads sys with emu firm as you said). I tried to use this (using r to trigger ARN) to get around that but your saying the reboot is loading my default (ReiNand) options fw?

Last edited by stl25,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So when I exit GBA and sysNAND reboots I am in ReiNand sysNAND (that is my default payload)?
A9LH is triggered again when you quit AGB_FIRM (it soft reboots). So it's correct. I'd advise to have a more streamlined setup (having 9.0 sys as default is possible with arn if you tick "autoboot sysnand" and NOT tick "use sysnand firm as default").

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A9LH is triggered again when you quit AGB_FIRM (it soft reboots). So it's correct. I'd advise to have a more streamlined setup (having 9.0 sys as default is possible with arn if you tick "autoboot sysnand" and NOT tick "use sysnand firm as default").

I think I finally see what you are saying. I'll try and report back. Thanks again.

By streamlined you mean not using arm9select correct?

Last edited by stl25,

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so at the risk of sounding like a noob ( be gentle ) what does ARN mean lol. I know what al9h and cfw and all that does and how it works but the term ARN eludes my knowledge >_<

dangwoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmfao why didn't i see that haha. Thanks didn't think it would be that simple. Was sitting here thinking it's all complicated :facepalm:

Mak22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thnx ill check it out....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

or

https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
Or if you you're already on 9.2 and want to stick with menuhax, create an emuNAND with Emunand9 (this will delete all your data from your SD card, so backup your data). Then format your sysNAND with tinyformat, then just drag the AuReiNAND files to you SD card.

And after copying files on my sd card ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY