Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I could dev an app for this, but I don't know if I'll have enough free time at the moment...
Would be much appreciated by all if you did I think :P

What I would love to see eventually is actual code in the AueReiNand's boot that version checks and tells you there is a new update I'm not sure how hard or how possible this would be however.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I saw Reinand 3.5 update, which supports "-region free cias" feature now.
So would Aureinand add that too?

https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases

I'm sure as soon as he merges the new code in that it'll include these features but that release is from 2 hours ago so most likely it's not in AuReiNand yet.

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It looks like the a9lh version of the CFW is basically one file that goes in the root so it seems like it wouldn't be too hard for someone to make an update tool that just makes a file to keep track of the version and update it for you :) I would make such a tool but unfortunately I don't think my programming skills are to this point yet. I suggested the idea to the BrewMan app. It seems like InstallMii hasn't been updated for quite a while and the BrewMan app seems to work a bit better.
The reason I stick to installMii is because it allows you to set your own repository while others don't. If only it can let you choose where the files should be placed. After all, arm9loaderhax.bin is in the root but installMii places everything downloaded in /3ds/XXXX

I saw Reinand 3.5 update, which supports "-region free cias" feature now.
So would Aureinand add that too?

https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
One or two days maybe. You know aureinand updates quite frequent recently.

Last edited by LunaLogic,

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I stuck on installMii is because it allows you to set your own repository while others don't. If only it can let you choose where the files should be placed. After all, arm9loaderhax.bin is in the root but installMii places everything downloaded in /3ds/XXXX

One or two days maybe. You know aureinand updates quite frequent recently.

Yeah, I was trying to find another repo for InstallMii but didn't really find a good one. On the one repo there is a ReiNand updater but idk how old it is or where it came from. Obviously, won't work for AuReiNand unless it was modified.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Would be much appreciated by all if you did I think :P

What I would love to see eventually is actual code in the AueReiNand's boot that version checks and tells you there is a new update I'm not sure how hard or how possible this would be however.

In fact this app could be made as an all-CFW updater, with a9lh support.

Reactions: Link_of_Hyrule

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yeah, I was trying to find another repo for InstallMii but didn't really find a good one. On the one repo there is a ReiNand updater but idk how old it is or where it came from. Obviously, won't work for AuReiNand unless it was modified.
I set a repo on my server. Repos on Github also worked (as far as I remembered). The final step is to set the correct file location on SD, yet I'm poor at programming and there's no source code available.

I don't think we can get WiFi control at a9lh stage. We don't even have bootscreen with opening sound.

Last edited by LunaLogic,

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set a repo on my server. Repos on Github also worked (as far as I remembered). The final step is to set the correct file location on SD, yet I'm poor at programming and there's no source code available.

I don't think we can get WiFi control at a9lh stage. We don't even have bootscreen with opening sound.

Yeah, I'm not really sure how it works would be awesome if it is possible though.

Ifury

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i have a issue, on the latest release of Aureinand 3.14 sysnand a9lh, every time i exit GBA VC it just gives me a black screen and it doesn't go anywhere not even back to home menu. It first started asking for Firmware90 file is weird since i am on 10.7 sysnand a9lh so i decided to put firmware 90 on the aurei folder and then its just starting giving me black screen after exiting any GBA game, i am able to play the game but its crashing after exiting. Hopefully any of you guys know a fix for this, its pretty annoying.Thx in advance

Edit: NVM i stop using the test armloaderhax.bin and when back to the original 3.14 armloaderhax.bin it started working again.

Last edited by Ifury,

LunaLogic

Gimme DLDI please.
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yeah, I'm not really sure how it works would be awesome if it is possible though.
A CIA with CFW-version-detect (a version.txt with all the information at the root of SD can do all the trick) and download (with zipped-file-extract maybe) function. We run it, and everything is set. Splendid.

Reactions: Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i have a issue, on the latest release of Aureinand 3.14 sysnand a9lh, every time i exit GBA VC it just gives me a black screen and it doesn't go anywhere not even back to home menu. It first started asking for Firmware90 file is weird since i am on 10.7 sysnand a9lh so i decided to put firmware 90 on the aurei folder and then its just starting giving me black screen after exiting any GBA game, i am able to play the game but its crashing after exiting. Hopefully any of you guys know a fix for this, its pretty annoying.Thx in advance

From what I understand when you exit a GBA game it forces you back into Sysnand. Does your sysnand work properly?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

AGB_Firm has a strange bug when exiting, On my console since I am using 9.2 SysNAND with 10.7 EmuNAND (A9LH)
My console (back when my NANDs were linked so GBA worked on EmuNAND), would exit to SysNAND regardless of being in EmuNAND or SysNAND.
I have since unlinked my NANDs and GBA only works on SysNAND now so it is not an issue but it seems the exit bug has other issues besides dumping back into SysNAND.

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A CIA with CFW-version-detect (a version.txt with all the information at the root of SD can do all the trick) and download (with zipped-file-extract maybe) function. We run it, and everything is set. Splendid.
Yeah would be a lot better than manually copy/pasting to the SD card each update. I still hope the other guy really does/can make a a9lh cfw updater would be awesome if it's possible.

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Alright I haven't been keeping up with Aureinand ever since I got arm9loaderhax I'm getting the last version, I checked the log for the previous versions and there's something that says. "Delete all patched firmware" I don't get it D: can someone explain to me?.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright I haven't been keeping up with Aureinand ever since I got arm9loaderhax I'm getting the last version, I checked the log for the previous versions and there's something that says. "Delete all patched firmware" I don't get it D: can someone explain to me?.
In your Aurei or Rei folder there should be one or two files that say patched emunand or patched sysnand or both.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah would be a lot better than manually copy/pasting to the SD card each update. I still hope the other guy really does/can make a a9lh cfw updater would be awesome if it's possible.
HBL is getting an a9lh release, maybe they will dev WiFi access before system start or a different approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: