ROM Hack Luma3DS Locale patch not working

Jogarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm using a 3DS from the European region and I'm trying to play a USA version of The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask but I get an ARM11 crash and exception error that says "translation-section". I enabled game patching in the Luma settings and made the text file inside the Luma folder inside the game ID folder (0004000000125500) that says "USA EN" inside. Shouldn't the game be working?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use Luma Local Switcher on your 3ds. It will create the txt file for you and place it on the correct place on the sd card. This will also help to work out if you just created the txt file wrong or of something else is causing it not to work.

https://github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher/releases

Jogarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I used the locale switcher app and I tried changing the text from USA to EUR but the game still crashes :(

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok, I used the locale switcher app and I tried changing the text from USA to EUR but the game still crashes :(
Weird, really weird

This problem remember me a similar one that another user (on this spanish forum) had with just the same game. And the solution was uninstall the game and use the JPN version in change :unsure::unsure:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 3DS from the European region and I'm trying to play a USA version of The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask but I get an ARM11 crash and exception error that says "translation-section". I enabled game patching in the Luma settings and made the text file inside the Luma folder inside the game ID folder (0004000000125500) that says "USA EN" inside. Shouldn't the game be working?

References to look up the the TitleID for a particular game.
  1. Press (POWER) → hold (SELECT) → Luma3DS v10.2.1 configuration(x) Enable game patching → press (START)
  2. sdmc:/luma/titles/0004000000125500/locale.txt
    • Code:
      USA EN
    • [ bold = folder | Courier New = file ]
  3. The minimum required firmware for LoZ: MM3D (USA) is 9.5.0X.
    • System Settings Other SettingsSystem Update
If all else fails, try the EUR version of that game.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Jogarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The reason I wanted to use a USA version was because I had a save file for that version which has a different ID and I wanted to continue from that save. The save file wasn't made with checkpoint so I don't know how to use the backup file. The backup is the titleID.sav format. How can I use this save file?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I wanted to use a USA version was because I had a save file for that version which has a different ID and I wanted to continue from that save. The save file wasn't made with checkpoint so I don't know how to use the backup file. The backup is the titleID.sav format. How can I use this save file?

could be wrong, but isn't that a gateway save?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the only way to decrypt a gateway save is by using the gateway itself. you have to mount the save basically. I have a tutorial on it on psx place under the name pinky. @MattKimura I believe also has a tutorial on here. they're both similar. the process is the same in both from what I remember.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/pinkys-3ds-tutorials.9726/

I didn't post them here, since you already have tutorials for these sorts of things.

Reactions: Jogarr

Jogarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the tutorial, but can you clarify what it itsyou meant by "mount the game with the select button."? Is that something to do inside the file browser app?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the tutorial, but can you clarify what it itsyou meant by "mount the game with the select button."? Is that something to do inside the file browser app?

from what I remember, you have to mount the game the way you would a normal gateway .3ds game, which is why you have to have the gateway or rather the gateway needs to work on the system. if you don't have the gateway anymore or you can't get it to work on the system, afaik, there's nothing can be done about the save.

Jogarr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I still have the Gateway but I don't think I would be able to use it becauz I can't use the browser exploit anymore since the GW site is offline, but I'm not sure if there's a different way to use it with a hacked 3DS. Probably not. :(

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's been years, so I don't really remember too much about it. I think there's still a way to use gateway, but someone else is going to have to chime in about that.

Reactions: Jogarr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Jogarr, to backup saves from a Gateway flashcart on a 2DS/3DS system that has B9S+Luma CFW setup,
  1. Create an EmuNAND or RedNAND on a separate (micro)SD card, preferably on one that is small sized like 4 GB.
    • [RELEASE] 3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator
    • GodMode9 → (HOME) button → More...SD format menuRedNAND size (min)Auto → etc.
    • :!: Creating an EmuNAND/RedNAND will reformat and delete everything on that SD card.
  2. Make a basic setup on the SD card.
  3. Downgrade the EmuNAND's 3DS firmware to version 9.2 through CTRTransfer.
    • GodMode9[0:] SDCARD (NOLABEL) → ... → 9.2.0-20X_ctrtransfer_x3ds.binCTRNAND options...Transfer image to CTRNANDTransfer to EmuNAND → etc.
    • [quantumcat1.github.io] Region Changing
  4. Verify that the EmuNAND is booting.
    • Press (POWER) → hold (SELECT) → Luma3DS v10.2.1 configuration → ... → press (START) to save and exit.
      • (x) Autoboot EmuNAND
      • (x) Show NAND or user string in System Settings
    • In the System Settings, look for the Emu 9.2.0-20X.
  5. For the games on the flashcart, backup the saves + extdata in Checkpoint, JKSM, or SaveDataFiler.
    • Half fun booting back and forth in Gateway mode when queuing each and every game.
    • Because it is a Nintendo proprietary software, no help can be provided on where to find SaveDataFiler.
  6. Blah blah. Get rid of EmuNAND, retire the Gateway, and restore the saves+extdata on the same games installed on the SD card for the SysNAND setup.

Reactions: fmkid and godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like even more of a pain in the ass just to get back to where gateway is usable. I managed to get all of my saves before going a9lh back then aside from one, etrian odyssey 4. it got corrupted somehow. it was even corrupted with the gateway card and original cartridge. my most prized save - gone. I wasn't very far though thankfully.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc