Hardware Low quality colors from switch connected to TV

kallek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I connected my switch to my LG C8 Oled TV and noticed that it doesn't seem to use full YCbCr 4:4:4 or RGB. On the intro screen to Zelda Links Awakening, the purple color of the egg is pixelated and I can see that the girls red belt in the intro is also very pixelated. The colors seems to be compressed. I have set the TV's input to PC as you are supposed to do to get full uncompressed colors. Anyone know if it is possible to get full YCbCr 4:4:4 or RGB output from the switch?

Reactions: orangy57

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I connected my switch to my LG C8 Oled TV and noticed that it doesn't seem to use full YCbCr 4:4:4 or RGB. On the intro screen to Zelda Links Awakening, the purple color of the egg is pixelated and I can see that the girls red belt in the intro is also very pixelated. The colors seems to be compressed. I have set the TV's input to PC as you are supposed to do to get full uncompressed colors. Anyone know if it is possible to get full YCbCr 4:4:4 or RGB output from the switch?
Sounds like your TV is blowing up the 1080P output to 4K

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine the Switch is doing chroma subsampling at 1080p. It is very likely using limited RGB range by default but usually that isn't too visible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i did that in the morning but with vinegar +2