Hacking Low MenuHax success rate

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my experience with both my NA 3DS XL and my JP New 3DS, exploits have always seemed to have a low success rate.

On my O3DS XL I would use spiderhax to boot Gateway and it gets to the GW splash screen 60% of the time. Often it would make it to the Gateway screen then load GW Mode emuNAND if I don't hold L, after which it fails and gets stuck on a black screen. What works every time is if I hold L then manually select "Boot Gateway Mode", which is odd.

On my N3DS I have gone from OoThax to DSProfile hax and now to Menuhax and it's the same, Gateway often fails to load, especially if I don't hold L and select GW mode myself.

Now the problem appears not just in GW, but menuhax, which I have set to load the HB Launcher. A lot of the time I'm left on the splash screen without it flashing yellow to actually get to the HB Launcher. When I am in the launcher I then have the Gateway issue when starting up Gateway through the HB Launcher.

Seems like a huge hassle to try and actually turn my system on to play, if you ask me. Why is this happening more frequently to me on both systems than normal, and what can be done to prevent it?

Please no responses along the lines of "Why are you using brickwait"/"A9LH master race". A9LH is great but not something I'm interested in right now, and menuhax does the job if I can stop this apparently not-so-common issue from happening.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please no responses along the lines of "Why are you using brickwait"/"A9LH master race". A9LH is great but not something I'm interested in right now, and menuhax does the job if I can stop this apparently not-so-common issue from happening.
I thought the same thing about a9lh until I installed it

Have you tried reinstalling the menuhax payload? I went from 40% boot rate to 80% boot rate when I reinstalled it!

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a similar setup and had the same problem, less hax + making sure im using the latest files for GW etc solved it. I have a 9/10 boot rate now but if i play a DS game or GBA VC the boot rate drops to 5/10 for a while.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I switched my SD and my boot rate got worse. Same as you, if I held "L" and manually select a boot, it boots fine, but if let alone to boot automatically, it gets stuck often.

I experimented a little and found something that helped: I use CtrBootManager, and just by playing around with the "timeout" and ""autobootfix" parameters in the "boot.cfg" file, I was able to get my N3DS to boot almost every time. My current settings for those two params:

timeout = 2
autobootfix = 6

Just sharing my experience.

Reactions: Lucifer666

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you don't wanna read it but hell man, downgrading to 9.2 is the most dangerous thing you do. If you can follow a guide like last time you might as well get 100% boot rate, plus the recovery tools, plus the fast boot.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just bad luck. I put CFW on my old 3DS that was already 9.2 and the boot rate directly into Luma is low. A9LH is really the only way to be more successful, however the amount of work going into it is too much for me.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
There is lesshax. I mean, MenuHAX is just well known for having poor bootrate.
I am going to be honest, there's reason why everyone is on the nuts of A9LH, because it's just better.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
The only thing stopping yourself from a better bootrate is yourself... Menuhax will always have a ~50% bootrate.
You ask for any way to get a better bootrate, but then say you're not interested in a9lh.
The point of a9lh is a better bootrate. Why ask for a solution when you turn away the one you get...?

Reactions: Seriel

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only thing stopping yourself from a better bootrate is yourself... Menuhax will always have a ~50% bootrate.
You ask for any way to get a better bootrate, but then say you're not interested in a9lh.
The point of a9lh is a better bootrate. Why ask for a solution when you turn away the one you get...?
A lot of people think someone might actually keep working on MenuHAX. When the truth is, we a community have moved on and no one wants to cling to Menuhax anymore.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's much, much more to a9lh than a better boot rate... Things like Godmode9 are possible with it... And much more

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's much, much more to a9lh than a better boot rate... Things like Godmode9 are possible with it... And much more
The thing that sold it for me is the boot that looks exactly like stock but has cfw running <3

Reactions: Halvorsen

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my experience with both my NA 3DS XL and my JP New 3DS, exploits have always seemed to have a low success rate.

On my O3DS XL I would use spiderhax to boot Gateway and it gets to the GW splash screen 60% of the time. Often it would make it to the Gateway screen then load GW Mode emuNAND if I don't hold L, after which it fails and gets stuck on a black screen. What works every time is if I hold L then manually select "Boot Gateway Mode", which is odd.

On my N3DS I have gone from OoThax to DSProfile hax and now to Menuhax and it's the same, Gateway often fails to load, especially if I don't hold L and select GW mode myself.

Now the problem appears not just in GW, but menuhax, which I have set to load the HB Launcher. A lot of the time I'm left on the splash screen without it flashing yellow to actually get to the HB Launcher. When I am in the launcher I then have the Gateway issue when starting up Gateway through the HB Launcher.

Seems like a huge hassle to try and actually turn my system on to play, if you ask me. Why is this happening more frequently to me on both systems than normal, and what can be done to prevent it?

It's very common actually. Menuhax just has a low success rate, and that's normal. Just join the #A9lhmasterrace.

Reactions: Seriel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1