Hacking Looks like DLC is now in BBB's sights New.Super.Mario.Bros.2.Including.10.DLC

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Could somebody make a PPF patch that 'turns' the NSMB2 rom into a zip containing decrypted DLC files?
i dont think you understand how ppf patches work, they cant just magically make one thing something else

they just look for the differences between 2 files like if i had a book and change one word, that will have the instructions to turn the original into the new modded version, (meaning you need both the original and the modded file to make a ppf file)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could somebody make a PPF patch that 'turns' the NSMB2 rom into a zip containing decrypted DLC files?

The ppf would be bigger than the destination file since the whole file would be re-encrypted with the different data (even if using the same key).

BTW, there are patching methods that drastically reduce patch sizes by using data shifting and compression such as bsdiff and xdelta.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so this isn't what some people thought, about a new cart with the added dlc? cool :)

I think they were talking about a bundle (bandoru), which always comes preinstalled in these special 3DSes. Those CIA must be from such bandoru~~.

Now, I think Gateway could modify their code to just load CIA roms (perhaps with DLC as well) from their cart, without risking their business.

Insert .cia rom with X filename, then copy DLC as X_dlc1.cia. I dunno, I'm just brainstorming.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I think they were talking about a bundle (bandoru), which always comes preinstalled in these special 3DSes. Those CIA must be from such bandoru~~.

Now, I think Gateway could modify their code to just load CIA roms (perhaps with DLC as well) from their cart, without risking their business.

Insert .cia rom with X filename, then copy DLC as X_dlc1.cia. I dunno, I'm just brainstorming.

hopefully gw will let us use them, so they can say '100% rom compatability' and mean it :)

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it correct that eshop purchases on emunand don't work on sysnand? If so, GW can simply enable CIA installing on emunand. After the game titles have been installed, they can only run in emunand. Since GW2.3b can only boot emunand with the red card inserted, this will still ensure that users need GW to install CIA.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Dude, that is not the question. I too want to play New Super Mario Bros 2 with all the DLC. But it doesn't work right now. So why not go for other great games that do work?

beggars can't be choosers.

this image is a good example of beggars.

beggar-chooser1.png

us the beggar wants shovel knight when the normal 3DS user wants more games to buy.

protip: scene groups hate being told what to do.

Reactions: Doran754 and cearp

FrankVVV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
beggars can't be choosers.

this image is a good example of beggars.

us the beggar wants shovel knight when the normal 3DS user wants more games to buy.

protip: scene groups hate being told what to do.

Protip: don't call people beggars on a forum where people discuss flashcards and roms.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say they're releasing "useless" things to help drive some motivation for more progress on the scene.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: