ROM Hack LOOKING FOR MM EXE OSS TRANSLATOR

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:
When was the last time Capcom DIDN'T release a Mega Man game in the US?

megaman battle network 4.5 real operation for gba.

thats one of the really good megaman games they didn't bother to release.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
injected11 said:

There are far too many Non-English MM games to count, but I'll list them off anyways.

Rockman Battle & Fighters
Rockman Power Battle Fighters
Rockman and Forte (WonderSwan)
Super Adventure Rockman
Rockman Complete Works
Rock Board
Rockman Strategy
Misc. Cellphone games (Theres like 20 of them)
Namco X Capcom (not exactly MM only but still)
Rockman.EXE WS (WonderSwan)
Rockman.EXE 4.5
Rockman.EXE Medal Operation (Arcade)

and more.

Does this answer your question?

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Several of those have been released in the US in compilations.

Capcom most likely will release it to the US, invalidating any translation attempt. That was my point.

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NDS file for this game is easy enough to unpack, but I've unfortunately no knowledge of how the text data is stored; it's simple enough to assume that it's stored in one of the files within /data/jpn but encoding beyond that is relatively unknown.

I've managed to play through a considerable portion of the game, though, and from what I've seen so far, the only portions of the game that would have a script different from the original RMEXE/MMBN would be the crossover events, and the tutorial about "folder opening" - it works the same as in MMBN2/3, rather than simply choosing "ADD."

Either way, if the localization file can be decrypted and/or edited, this fact should make the translation portion go much faster, and allow it to focus solely on the differences.

EDIT: I neglected to notice that certain graphics (such as the graphic that fills the chip graphic void while you have "ADD" hovered over in the Custom Screen) also contain Japanese text, but use the same dimensions and colors as the same graphics from the GBA version. Those would need to be replaced, but are not a high-priority item as their functionality is generally inferred from the interface.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game doesn't deserve to get translated.
It was just a stupid port that *lazy* Capcom made, adding hardly any features.
Anyway, this game will probably get localized,
so the chance of getting someone to translate it is close to zero (no point translating a game which will probably be translated, especially wasting time on the likes of this game ).

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Escape said:
so the chance of getting someone to translate it is close to zero (no point translating a game which will probably be translated, especially wasting time on the likes of this game ).
Oh, for fu--...

Alright, ignoring your other points completely, as they're not relevant to translating this game:
- This game has no US or EU localized release date yet, unlike the other games that there was much complaining about not too long ago. Plus, there're a good few Rockman games that didn't make it over, so saying it'll "probably get localized" is somewhat baseless right now, especially without even a projected release quarter.
- The script in most of the game seems to be unchanged, as most of the events are completely intact. As stated above, the only differences I've seen during playthrough so far are in Tutorial 3 (Adding Chips) and the crossover-specific event(s). Since there's already a localization for the original GBA game, much of the work besides figuring out exactly how Capcom stored the game's text and translating the differences is done for us already.

And on the note of translating, I'm more than willing to make a patch myself, as soon as I or someone else figures out how the text is stored and can be edited.

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZackZero said:
Escape said:
Oh, for fu--...

Alright, ignoring your other points completely, as they're not relevant to translating this game:
- This game has no US or EU localized release date yet, unlike the other games that there was much complaining about not too long ago. Plus, there're a good few Rockman games that didn't make it over, so saying it'll "probably get localized" is somewhat baseless right now, especially without even a projected release quarter.
- The script in most of the game seems to be unchanged, as most of the events are completely intact. As stated above, the only differences I've seen during playthrough so far are in Tutorial 3 (Adding Chips) and the crossover-specific event(s). Since there's already a localization for the original GBA game, much of the work besides figuring out exactly how Capcom stored the game's text and translating the differences is done for us already.

And on the note of translating, I'm more than willing to make a patch myself, as soon as I or someone else figures out how the text is stored and can be edited.

you know how to translate?

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neku_Sakuraba said:
ZackZero said:
Escape said:
Oh, for fu--...

you know how to translate?

Not this game yet (the last attempt I made was back with Pokémon HG/SS, and that was mainly because there was already a way to dump the text, not just an assumed file containing it), but then again neither can much of anyone else until it's figured out how Capcom stored the text in the game. I'm certainly more than willing to give it a strong shot if the game text can be exposed in an editable way.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
CrashmanX said:
injected11 said:

Rockman and Forte

i think that was for a gba game, called megaman and bass. its kinda old school though. i used to have it.

Yes. The snes translation was by fans. The gba one was official.

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nashoki said:
wait for Summer, that is if you can. C=
As has been said before, the game has yet to receive a US release date, and thus we can assume (for now) that there is little to no intent to localize this title. Besides, it's a break from Pokémon translation patches.

And on that note... the localize.bin and parent_localize.bin files in the ROM's /data/jpn folder are driving me up a figurative wall right now, as I've yet to figure out how exactly Capcom stored the text. What I have found so far is - twice in localize.bin and nine times in parent_localize.bin - the text " GSM" (hex 20 47 53 4D) ; perhaps they stored the ingame speech in there as well, but I'm not 100% sure, as I'm not entirely familiar with the GSM codec(s).

Slasher Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well one thing is for sure . That no one will do a translation MM EXE OSS I saw this link for the translation but it was canceled
sadly . This game is not even worth it not to be rued but its true and I am a megaman fan pluse if the game made a big deal in the GBA capcom will make a (U) version pretty sure . Im all so waiting for it myself just get other games till its relesed .

AuthorX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, there sure is a lot of people saying it won't be translated, or it shouldn't be translated, or it's just not a good game, all without playing it, when someone's already said they're interested :/

Anyway, I'm really curious about this game, I don't suppose there's anything I could do to help? I tried reading up on GSM-7 encoding, but as far as I can see, it's text encoding for phones and English-only, so I don't see how the Japanese text could be using that.

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AuthorX said:
Wow, there sure is a lot of people saying it won't be translated, or it shouldn't be translated, or it's just not a good game, all without playing it, when someone's already said they're interested :/

Anyway, I'm really curious about this game, I don't suppose there's anything I could do to help? I tried reading up on GSM-7 encoding, but as far as I can see, it's text encoding for phones and English-only, so I don't see how the Japanese text could be using that.
There is actually a GSM codec that is used for audio compression; hence why I think the little blurbs of audible speech in the game might use GSM compression.

If we knew of a way to disassemble localize.bin and parent_localize.bin into whatever component parts make them up, we might be in business. Hell, I'll take just knowing where different parts begin and end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol here we go again.