Looking for help about GBA cia's, with emuNAND injected to sysNAND (arm9lhax)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ConfusedGrin15, Aug 8, 2016.

1. ConfusedGrin15
    OP

ConfusedGrin15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Apparently to run GBA CIA games you need to inject the CIA on both the emu and sysNAND only if they are unlinked, but my NANDS are linked, so after injecting the CIA and of course the AGB_FIRM, I can't boot the games and the system just freezes on a black screen.
    Also I have a bug where, injected CIA's keep "wrapping" themselves after opening them, this bug is primarly caused by the 2 NANDS being linked. But I don't know what to do know.

PS: I'm sorry this is such a noobie and/or stupid question, thanks, for any help.

2. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Considering you have arm9loaderhax, the easiest thing to do would be to stop having two NANDs. Simply flash your emunand to sysnand (with the "keep a9lh" option in Decrypt9) and off you go.

Also, you aren't supposed to patch AGB_FIRM if you're using Luma. The cfw does that for you automatically.

3. ConfusedGrin15
    OP

ConfusedGrin15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I just removed it from the sd, so I just install decrypt9 and flash it over? Will I lose something in the process? Thanks a lot, I've been smashing my head against the wall all the day looking for answers.

4. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    Yeah. You just want to be absolutely sure to use the "keep a9lh" function when flashing the emunand to sysnand. Then you'll wanna change your cfw's options to boot into sysnand instead of emunand.

5. ConfusedGrin15
    OP

ConfusedGrin15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    United States

Okay, I'll look for some tutorials, thanks for the advice friend!

EDIT: If I use the cia to install Decrypt9 is still the same right?

Last edited by ConfusedGrin15, Aug 8, 2016
  6. exdeath255

exdeath255 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Canada
    The Mind
    say i was to completely get rid of a9lh, could i just use that one otp file and get it back?

7. ConfusedGrin15
    OP

ConfusedGrin15 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2016
    United States
    Just here to say THANK YOU, the amount of hype that I got when that TLOZ started can't be just expressed in words, just thanks.

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you were on 9.0-9.2, or had a way of getting to it (i.e. 10.7 or less). If you flash an 11.0 NAND without the keep a9lh option ticked then you're stuck.

9. exdeath255

exdeath255 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Canada
    The Mind
    couldnt nintendo make it so that when it updates it checks for any hacked a9 firm or whatever and then overwrite it?

10. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Luma prevents firm overwrites.

11. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Decrypt9 should not be used as a CIA. Boot it from A9LH, use the .bin payload. Also, iirc, Hourglass9 allows you to restore NAND and never overwrites A9LH.