OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here's my setup:
  • Old 3DS XL;
  • SysNAND 4.5.0-8E running R4 Gold Pro card for DS software;
  • EmuNAND GW3D 11.0.0-33E accessed via DS profile exploit, running white Gateway card, and with access to the homebrew launcher 1.1.1 via 3DS Sound exploit.
I'm trying to find a way to run GBA games without installing different CFW or otherwise tinkering with SysNAND (which I'm not going to do at this point).
Here's what I've tried:
  • Gambatte emu: Retroarch CIA version freezes after launching, 3DSX Retroarch freezes after launching (by which I mean whole Retroarch environment, I was somehow able to launch it just the first time though);
  • MGBA emu: tried both Retroarch and standalone, 3DSX and CIA versions; CIA Retroarch one runs slow as hell, all the others freeze after launching;
  • VC injections: can be installed but freeze shortly after launching;
  • OpenAGBLauncher: both 3DSX and CIA versions print "found custom software on SD", then return to SysNAND;
  • GBARunner2: run via R4 allows me to choose a game, then freezes, both ARM7 and ARM9 versions; tried installing Twilight Menu for launching it from EmuNAND, but Twilight Menu freezes afer launching.
Are there any other ways I haven't tried yet, or maybe I possibly screwed something up while trying one of the above?

boots_n_cats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your Gateway emunand setup is extremely out of date. I would bet money that migrating to B9S and Luma CFW will solve all of your issues. I know "lol Gateway sux" isn't what you want to hear, but it is really awful by modern standards and completely unsupported by the community.

Edit: As far as I can tell Gateway CFW doesn't patch AGB_FIRM so VC injects won't work. Open_agb_firm requires B9S. And finally an old 3DS is too slow to run any existing GBA emulators. Basically your only option to get GBA working is modern CFW.

Last edited by boots_n_cats,

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're better off migrating to a B9S setup like boots_n_cats suggested.

Nobody uses Gateway anymore, i used to use it and when i migrated to CFW it was just less of a hassle to deal with.

cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
TWiLight Menu++ works fine for me on my o3DS, but I've only tested it with one game.

The installation guide linked by you is out of date - Twilight Menu Updater has since been replaced by more potent installation system and doesn't work anymore. I assume that you installed TM++ on the exact same setup as mine, when TMU was still supported?
Also, is there actually a possibility of TM++ running GBArunner2 well, if R4 on SysNAND couldn't do it?

boots_n_cats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, is there actually a possibility of TM++ running GBArunner2 well, if R4 on SysNAND couldn't do it?

It will run better from the 3DS’s SD card than it will from a flashcart thanks to the higher clockspeed and greater amount of RAM available but it’s still not great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-