Homebrew Looking for help about GBA cia's, with emuNAND injected to sysNAND (arm9lhax)

ConfusedGrin15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently to run GBA CIA games you need to inject the CIA on both the emu and sysNAND only if they are unlinked, but my NANDS are linked, so after injecting the CIA and of course the AGB_FIRM, I can't boot the games and the system just freezes on a black screen.
Also I have a bug where, injected CIA's keep "wrapping" themselves after opening them, this bug is primarly caused by the 2 NANDS being linked. But I don't know what to do know.

PS: I'm sorry this is such a noobie and/or stupid question, thanks, for any help.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering you have arm9loaderhax, the easiest thing to do would be to stop having two NANDs. Simply flash your emunand to sysnand (with the "keep a9lh" option in Decrypt9) and off you go.

Also, you aren't supposed to patch AGB_FIRM if you're using Luma. The cfw does that for you automatically.

ConfusedGrin15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I just removed it from the sd, so I just install decrypt9 and flash it over? Will I lose something in the process? Thanks a lot, I've been smashing my head against the wall all the day looking for answers.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. You just want to be absolutely sure to use the "keep a9lh" function when flashing the emunand to sysnand. Then you'll wanna change your cfw's options to boot into sysnand instead of emunand.

ConfusedGrin15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. You just want to be absolutely sure to use the "keep a9lh" function when flashing the emunand to sysnand. Then you'll wanna change your cfw's options to boot into sysnand instead of emunand.

Okay, I'll look for some tutorials, thanks for the advice friend!

EDIT: If I use the cia to install Decrypt9 is still the same right?

Last edited by ConfusedGrin15,

ConfusedGrin15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just here to say THANK YOU, the amount of hype that I got when that TLOZ started can't be just expressed in words, just thanks.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay, I'll look for some tutorials, thanks for the advice friend!

EDIT: If I use the cia to install Decrypt9 is still the same right?
Decrypt9 should not be used as a CIA. Boot it from A9LH, use the .bin payload. Also, iirc, Hourglass9 allows you to restore NAND and never overwrites A9LH.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn